Home Community General Football Midweek football

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Some big fixtures this week. The Manchester derby is the stand out tie. Spurs have a tough game away to Palace who seem to be beating all the big sides. Chelsea showed yesterday they will not lie down for Spurs to catch them up.

https://team-picker.files.bbci.co.uk/england-xi_2022WC_November-56c18551f208f602295af542d8db92a4.html

t

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner

I think Spurs may drop points tonight which will give them a real mountain to climb to get back into the title race. It’s good that they’ve managed to keep it interesting but it’s looking unlikely they’ll catch Chelsea. This week will decide a lot I think. Top 4 could look a little clearer if either of the Manchester clubs manage to get a win.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
      Rob Tab
      Participant

I think Spurs will win tonight purely cause Palace have had their share of good luck as well, then 4 points is not much even though there are only 5 games left

React below 👇

Loading spinner

Spurs surprused me tonight. I really thought they’d struggle against Palace but they just keep gettibg those wins. It aint over yet!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

That “dive” from Sanchez yesterday was ridiculous. There’s making a meal of a hard challenge and there’s just plain cheating. Horrible from a player I usually like. Arsenal kept themselves in the race for top 4 with that win though. Whatever happens tonight, Arsenal will be closer to one of the Manchester clubs by the end of it. I imagine they’d probably prefer a draw

React below 👇

Loading spinner

Well that wasn’t pretty last night but neither manager will be too disappointed with a draw. I can’t see past Liverpool and City now for top 4. They have much easier run ins

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Rob Tab
          Participant

how United held out in that game last night is a small miracle, as for Chelsea I am worried cause Spurs could easily win their remaining games even at United from what I saw last night while Chelsea seem to be struggling in every 2nd game they play, Everton game will be a big factor in deciding the title.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Rob,

After this week, a lot is still yet to be decided. Spurs just keep hanging on in there. I still don’t think Chelsea will drop enough points to let Spurs in. Spurs have tough games against Arsenal and Utd, both of whom badly need to keep winning to keep their own top 4 hopes alive. We’re in for an exciting end to the season, which is great for the neutrals. Not so great for those of us attached to any of those clubs fighting for the spots!

United were poor last night but they’ll be delighted to have got away from the Etihad with a point. It could prove to be a huge point but there’s no getting away from their lack of ambition which made for a dreadful game.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Editor.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Rover
              Participant

this is really getting almost unbearable to watch, great for the neutrals as everyone seems to think but not if you a Chelsea or Spurs supporter-I cant once again understand why bookies make Chelsea such big favourites if anything on current form I would think Spurs could snatch it at the end, 4 points is nothing, a draw and a loss cancels it out and Spurs have a better goal difference.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

I think Chelsea might bottle it now. What looked like a stellar season from Conte could soon turn into a trophyless, big fall from a very strong position. One thing’s for sure, it’s all about the London clubs this season!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Rover
                  Participant

Toughies Cantona for now anyway

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.