Home Community General Football Midweek Euro Fixtures – Week 1

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

And it’s back!!!

Can Pepe finally win it? (He’s certainly spent enough!)

Can the Spuds surprise everyone? (Highly unlikely but what the hell!)

We’re kicking off with a game against Marsille, currently sitting 2nd with 5 wins and draw from their opening 6 games… hopefully home field advantage will come into play and we get 3 points on the board, but you just never know with the team that put the “Spurs” into “Spursy!”

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

Let’s see how much better the refs and VAR are in European competition relative to what we are seeing domestically right now. It for sure can’t be any worse!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Not a great start for Chelsea

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Luckydestiny
          Participant

We were dreadful ed

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Luckydestiny
            Participant

Just no fluidity in offence at all, creating very little.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Is there a game Haaland hasn’t scored in yet?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

That was a very strong side you had out Lucky too. How did Aubameyang get on? Chelsea really don’t seem to have clicked yet.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Great atmosphere at Celtic park. A draw be a great result.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Has kalvin Philips stertrd a gane for city? Really never got that signing as Rodri is one of the best holding players in the world. He’s rarely going to play unless Rodri gets injured.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Luckydestiny
                      Participant

He was OK with havertz and sterling Ed but they just never got the ball often enough we were awful box to box and had zero control on midfield.

It was another weird team with plenty to question and the second half change to 4132…. with kovacic as the 1, sterling as the middle of 3 with ziyech right and mount left with havertz and aubameyang up top…it seemed so basic just to throw numbers forward with no clear structure to play. why the hell we aren’t able to pin them back playing patiently with a normal shape I don’t know.

It’s weird because when tuchel came in what he was credited hugely for was his ability to quickly find a balanced team out of the mess he inherited and creating an extremely difficult to beat team. Almost 2 years later and its like he is in the exact same position which raises two questions; Can he find a balanced team again? And secondly, why are we so lost on the pitch two years in? It’s almost like tuchels best spell was before he had any backing and he had make the best of Lampards team. Two summer windows later and the squad is worse due to aging of certain players and the ins and outs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

Tuchel absolutely deserves time. CL first (part) season, two Cup finals last season, even after the disastrous Lukaku signing. There’s been a lot of chopping and changing in that team over summer.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Luckydestiny
                          Participant

That CL victory carries a lot of weight for me personally Ed and the club too of course. But boehly has backed him to the tune of 250m I think the pressure is really on to finish top 4.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Luckydestiny
                            Participant

Yeah of course he does mikus mate, the club just spent 250m on players tuchel wanted you can’t do that and not give the guy the time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Adlab
                              Participant

Terrific performance. 4-0. Honestly it could have been more.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

Haaland just an incredible signing Adlab. Think you might finally win it this season. Even Pep’s overthinking can’t stop you this time 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Sean… I think pep wants to use Rodri further forward and Philips the defensive midfield, personally I thought it would be the other way round……The reason behind this was there was some uncertantity about Bernado/Gungdogan and I think he was thinking ahead….I could be wrong of course

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    FoxyFoxes
                                    Participant

I’m starting to think that the CL win for Chelsea was more to do with Kante than Tuchel. The last two seasons under Tuchel seems to show no Kante, no Chelsea.

As for Philips, I really rate him, he was just blighted with injuries last season. In terms of a move for his career, I really thought Man U would have been a better move for him than City. I think he will play, especially as the fixtures start to rack up and Pep begins his merry-go-round of selections and refreshing his squad.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

I like tuchel. Problem is, a few times now he had blasted the players saying they lack desire and hunger. That’s when the issues start. The 3 at the back formation absolutely worked for Chelsea lucky so why change it? Rudiger is a huge loss. Few players injured. Excellent squad but his press conferences are getting more about blaming the players. That’s not good

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Ye foxy and Brian, be interesting to see how Philips gets on. I just don’t think him and Rodri can play in the same team as they are similar players but what do I know!

Foxy, I agree about Rodger’s. Doesn’t help himself st tones but he’s a good manager. He’s done a good job at Leicester and it be interesting to see if he can get you out of this rut. If he loses his next one or two ganes he could be gone. You look at Leicesters squad and it’s still very good. As you say, no idea why he’s playing nidi at cb.

Bench was strong on Sunday. He shiujd be doing better

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

Sean, if I am wrong with my theory about Rodri and Philips, I fall back on the rotation system and City having a smaller but more competitive squad to select from This has its downsides of course as we have recently found with Laporte,Stones, Ake and Walker all injured at same time. The new CB signing was sensible I thought. Also Dias has been not up to his best yet but the Seville game appears he is getting there, great competitor though

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.