Home Community Man City Mendy and LB options

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

Sad news about Mendy, looks a few months job, maybe season. Options are to look for another LB, or use what we have. I prefer latter, if we are going after anybody at Christmas it needs to be a CB. I stated last season that I thought Pep should develop Delph to be a LB, he is a good footballer and can tackle but he will need to learn that role….did OK last night though but not the finished article yet. Mendy reminds me a lot of a young Micah Richards but a little better so I hope he gets back well, I look forward to seeing him in action again

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I wonder how long before we see the Red-tops come out with a “Pep’s City Rose” headline of some sort…. I reckon about 12 hrs after the extend of Mendy’s injury is confirmed! 🙂

Or perhaps a cheeky punt on Shaw?

Seriously though, hope the lad get’s better soon, he’s looked good when I’ve seen him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

Brian…what are your thoughts on Delph? I always thought he was a good player…maybe not of the highest quality but certainly would play regularly for most teams bar the top 4 or 5 I would think. If he’d been playing regularly he would still be playing for England or at least competing with Dier who I see as a bit of a fraud! Did he make a huge error going to City…ideas above his station? Genuinely interested as I think the same could happen to Drinkwater at Chelsea.

Thoughts?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Hightown..I think you are spot on. Delph is a good player, LB is not a natural for him but I think he could do a good job there and not let us down
            I also think he is better than Dier who is well over rated.. Going to City….no…a good move for him, he knows he has to up his game to keep in the squar and he is doing that at the moment. Drinkwater is good but stuck in a system of playing and do not think he is an International player, likewise Dier. You have to be based in London to get in England team…..that is naughty of me but so often in the past it has been true, It may happen though for Delph because Southgate is running short of players

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Brian, Do you really think that?

My view is that Southgate will choose who he thinks are the best players for the England squad/team no matter where they come from there are 7 London based players in the latest England squad and 15 players from club’s outside of London.

So that’s that theory out of the window!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

One of the problems Delph has had since he has been at City is long term injuries. He was out injured for large periods with long-term problems with his thigh, then ankle and another injury I can’t remember. Ok it’s not Sturridge like but not far off and these periods amounted to months and months. Then you are trying to force your way into a really competitive midfield. TBH he has really been up against it, so I don’t think he made the wrong choice just been a bit unlucky. When I have seen him play he has impressed with good runs and movement and he can strike the ball really well. Before he signed for us his injury record was pretty good and we originally tried to sign him under Mancini, so our scouts like him. Ok he’s not a Kevin DeBryne but neither is he a Jack Rodwell. There were rumours that Stoke wanted him this summer but i was pleased we kept him and really hope we keep him. He’s a bit like James Milner with possibly a bit more flair and I think every team needs that type of player. Jim

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Big Jim.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Correction 7 out of the 26 players selected are from London and Delph is in the squad.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

Nine, part of wishes he wasn’t in the squad. He might get injured again!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Sounds like Mendy will be out for most of this season. Has a ruptured ACL. Tbh I don’t know the difference between a rupture and a torn. Is there one? He needs an opp so I assume it’s a bad one. Think that’s probably a big dent in our title challenge, he was making such a difference. We have had some real poor luck with injuries the past 2-3 seasons.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Sounds like Aguero got a bit lucky there, certainly could have been a lot worse. No news on how long he’s out for though…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Nobody likes to see players injured obviously, but this incident really makes a mockery of all the managers who bitch about travelling for games etc.. when they subsequently let their VIP players disappear to other countries for concerts 48 hrs before season defining games…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          cityboy54
                          Participant

Now it seems ageuro cover as well now !!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Sad news on Mendy out until April according to Pep. Feel for Aguero he’s one of my favourite opposition players hope he recovers soonest.

With Kompany still out has the title taken a turn in favour of United?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Nine…I am always ready to be corrected but do not forget Walker and OX are “transfers” they would have been in London as well!!!!!! I do rate Southgate as a Manager but it does not help his cause when he states he has players who should not be in the squad. I guess injuries may apply here or clubs do not want there players involved. I still cannot believ Kompany and Belgium playing Gibralta…9-0 surey at some point after 3-0 and knowing his falability for injury he should have come off. A nonsense game that has cost him and the Club of his services

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Brian, ha, ha but they’re not in London. But I’ll give you both of them and won’t even cite Hart going the other way and it’s still 9 players from London and 17 outside of London and Delph is in the squad.?

I don’t rate Martinez and it was a really silly game to get injured in but Kompany should have said no to Martinez.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Mendy is a huge loss. Aguero out for two months and Vinny seemingly only fit to play internationals. Its uniteds to throw away imo. We didnt strengthen our centre half position. While selling Inheanacho and putting all our eggs in the basket for Sanchez. Bit of a silly transfer policy this summer if you ask me. Guardiola also needs to give Foden, Diaz and Adarabioyo a go. We need some squad strengthing to take the strain off the likes of Jesus, Danilo and Stones Otamendi.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Well now we will see just how good we really are or how Pep deals with the losses and plays the right tactical game. I still think we can put a team out for a result, Danilo’s experience should help the defence but I have an awful feeling we will se a sending off which will be sad because both teams have good footballers but there are some players on both sides that are capable of collecting a Red, in which case I hope its 0-0. Without doubby Conte will press our full backs, which , in theory will help Sane/Sterling

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.