Home Community Non-Football Media and Society Bullying

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Sums it up on the back of Ronnie’s defeat. It’s no wonder part of him has had enough.

Treatment really is despicable to say the least.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

The day everyone stops buying tabloids is the day that this shit disappears. That’ll never happen though because deep down people love this shit.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

This industry breeds a lot of competition in trying to capture the audience and it’s even more competitive when you have secondary sources online that will steal what you have, paste it, and claim it as their own form of reporting.

The lengths taken though is just plain wrong and damaging to a Sportsperson.

They want a headline, so in the above case, they are more interested in Ronnie rubbing shoulders with Ali Carter, than the performance.

Stirring things up and trying to create waves.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

The media’s defence is always that they are just tbe messenger and report the news.
            There is not much I like about Donald Trump (apart from his Missus) but one thing he is right on is fake news. Printing inuendo or heresay as fact. Even today Pep is talking about fake news in respect of Stones.
            Trouble is that anything the tabloids print you look at with major scepticism.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

It’s not a great excuse but is it wrong? If the media were delivering what the masses didn’t want, they wouldn’t make money from it.

I don’t want to get too negative here but honestly, the masses are scum. They want to see into the lives of celebrities. They have an insatiable thirst for negative press and it’s sick. It’s not seen as sick because it’s something that a huge percentage of the population share but that doesn’t change just how twisted it is.

We would be best served to just be conscious of the fact that when we give money to these entities, we’re telling them “yes, more of this please”. I don’t buy any of those rags anymore and I make sure to have my adblocker turned on when visiting their website for whatever football story (usually horseshit) that I have come across.

say no with your pocket lads.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

2nd Mac!!! I’ve with you on this one!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Why o why cant you all just be posh like me and only read The Times? I wouldn`t even wipe my sexy ass with the tabloids.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by maverick1973.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Wouldn’t the corners of your iPad hurt your ringpiece?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Mav, ha, ha, brilliant.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

…….I thought Sullivan made a good point in his press conference about keeping things in perspective though when he talked of what’s happening in Syria. Football and snooker at the end of the day are just games it’s not life and death and sometimes we could all do with remembering that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Ronnie summed up everything that’s wrong with the Media, hence this thread being created.

You’re truly right Nine and the whole point of Ronnie mentioning Syria was because there are more important matters in the world than a ‘shoulder barge’ or a collision with a rival in Frame 19 which these reporters preferred to probe into, over and over again.

It’s no wonder Ronnie stormed off.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

I would say you shouldn’t mix politics with sport, but that leaves with the thought is snooker really a sport? A skill perhaps, but a sport?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Kylie-Dont be a silly chap now,my butler deals with all that.Now,where is my cup of tea and scones I wonder!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

I actually don’t agree that politics should be stripped away entirely from any sport. Now, I say entirely because I only mean that it shoukdn’t be entirely homogenized. I wouldn’t be in favour of a sporting body pushing a political agenda but I don’t like how individuals are being gagged to an almost cultural level. That’s actually pretty fascist, so it defeats the purpose.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

Mak-Imagine if we had Knotter,Paxman,Bloggy,and Tom182 posting on here,hehehe.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  whoisbeni
                                  Participant

Snooker is just a game, not a sport.

Can be played in slippers while drinking a pint and smoking so there you go.

Ronnie is a bit of a knob and behaves like a child – he deserves all the stick he gets and needs to put his big boy undies on and just get on with it, the poor little precious dickhead.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Mav, I have no idea who some of those lads are I’m afraid! But where is Paxman?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Mak-Check the dark side for them lot,even though Knotter has taken a sabbatical it seems!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

This is so typical of the now media on picking the bones with the most finest of details. It’s almost as if Jurgen’s placed in a role as a Doctor trying to carry out a major surgery.

So much said about the possibility of Roma coming back rather than our actual registered 5-2 advantage.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Snooker a game for alcoholics and smokers, you can add darts to that as well.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.