Home Community General Football Mason Holgate

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

I am not going to mention the allegation thrown by Holgate in regards to what Firmino may have said, even though after reading what numerous lip readers have said, it seems like a mishearing by Holgate.

What I will say is what a nasty piece of shit Holgate is. I find it astonishing that some United fans have thrown their blinkers on and defended this piece of work. It was only a few days prior to Fridays incident that Holgate could have seriously injured Messi Lingardo with his reckless challenge and yet on Friday needlessly almost seriously injures another fellow pro. Pathetic behaviour.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

It’s pretty scary and freakish with the fact that Holgate shows so emotion or any expression of remorse after his actions. His face remains ice cold. He grabbed hold of Lallana, then pulled away like it was non-existent, and then he blatantly out of nothing man-handles Roberto Firmino who fortunately was not seriously injured.

He’s a scumbag, there’s no two ways about it. I read something about the possibility of a 10 game ban on Firmino but nothing on Holgate. Sometimes I really don’t get some of the reporting that’s on public domain and selective too in their nuances.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        whoisbeni
        Participant

Agree CM
          Heโ€™s a complete and utter scumbag – cowardly challenges on a regular basis. Not only could Firmino get injured but spectators could have been as well. No wonder Bobby was so mad.
          I think itโ€™s all a smoke screen to try to avoid punishment. I hope the FA throw the book at him but I have a feeling they will look to do something to bobby too.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by whoisbeni.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

If the FA were going to hit Holgate with a retrospective ban he would normally have been charged by now.

The charges against Firmino will be fully investigated and he will either be cleared or charged.

It’s possible that the FA are looking at the whole incident including the Holgate shove and that he could still be charged yet for the push on Firmino.

Holgate may have started it all off but if Firmino was to be found guilty of using racist language it would probably be a Suarez type ban but currently Firmino remains innocent until proven guilty.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

I don’t see how Firmino can be charged. The ref obviously heard nothing out of order, as far as I can tell no lip readers have come up with anything definitive, and so therefore, it is Holgate’s word against Firmino’s, and as the ref was right there at the time of the alleged comment and didn’t hear anything, I just don’t see how Firmino can be charged. I hope he didn’t say anything, and it’s inexcusable if he did, but what does seem clear is that Holgate has got away with a cowardly and potentially dangerous challenge

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Hightown, just pulled this part out of your comments as I had an exact incline in my mind:

“it is Holgateโ€™s word against Firminoโ€™s, and as the ref was right there at the time of the alleged comment and didnโ€™t hear anything”

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

And by the way, just read elsewhere on the off chance this being compared to ‘Suarez-Evra’ and ‘T-shirts’.

Gosh, let’s not even go there!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Pagan
                  Participant

NB, Didnโ€™t realise Wenger was reffing the match….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Hightown hope

‘I deed not see it’…unless it happened against one of my players!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      whoisbeni
                      Participant

Nine, I read in the local paper and on their website that the referees report says he heard nothing and that none of the players brought it to his attention at the time – or words to that effect.

The same article – which I’ll have a look for again also said he was ranting in Portuguese and shouted at him, “are you crazy, you son of a bitch” and used the word ‘puta’ – which supposedly isn’t racist, I wouldn’t know.

I never knew Holgate had such a grasp of Portuguese anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ .

The only offence to me is the wreckless attempt to injure firminho by Holgate – but would the FA charge a player himself once he’s played the race card – unlikely

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

And would the Ref conveniently be carrying a Dictation Machine or his Smartphone and have the Record Button on stand by?

The verbals could have been in a language outside English speaking Pagan!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

NB, ???, canโ€™t see what thatโ€™s got to do with what I wrote…Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            whoisbeni
                            Participant

Seems the echo have deleted the article online and now only have a sanitised one explaining the process and timescales.

decisions to be made today whether to charge either of them and then they have until 6pm tomorrow to respond with a hearing on Thursday if needed.

I’m expecting no action for either player – if I were a betting man.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Hightown hope

Beni – my thoughts as well, though Holgate is a very lucky boy if he escapes punishment. But I think he will as the ref saw that incident, and I think I’m right in saying that if he sees it, the authorities can’t do anything.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                whoisbeni
                                Participant

that’s true but he has to say he is satisfied he saw everything, but if he refers it and hasn’t punished either player (I thought this might be why he kept his cards in his pocket) then the FA can take action – but I have no faith in them. The ref is also the worst in the league at the moment.

I’d have been livid if that penalty had been given against us – although it was a few weeks earlier when Calvert Lewin did a Lallana!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Clearly if there is insufficient evidence and the lip readers can’t throw any light on it all Firmino should not be charged.

The Holgate shove was highly dangerous and clear evidence exists and imo he should get a retrospective red for dangerous play. Time will tell on both players.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I must have misunderstood Pagan – my bad.

Putting what could have been spoken and heard to one side, a crowd of people saw a push that was with aggression and one of which could have impacted serious injury.

Yet some portion of people immediately want to condemn Robbie the moment something is mention about an alleged racist remark.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Pagan
                                      Participant

NB, you said the ref didnโ€™t hear anything, thatโ€™s a Wenger quote, he never sees or hears things.

Quite how a ref is meant to know what players say to each other when they speak a multitude of different languages I donโ€™t know, but Holgate reacted quite badly to what he heard or thought he heard.

Without definitive proof I donโ€™t think anything will come of it….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Ah right. I with you now mate with the cross referencing to Arsene.

I just thought with him, he never saw stuff.

He’s still a Gentleman hahaha ๐Ÿ˜€

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Holgate deleted his twitter account soon after.

That injury could have caused some serous damage. I really hope Firmino said nothing

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.