Home Community General Football Manchester United lack of or no identity

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

Watching United under Jose. I always question what style of football he is trying to play. Against the top sides he parks the bus and then tries to hit them on the counter. This has obviously been found out unless you’re Arsenal. Against the clubs below the top 6, I question what style of football he is implementing. With Pep at City, you see a tika taka possesion approach, Klopp at Liverpool you see fast paced attacking football, Poch at Spurs play attacking football using the width and Erikson and Alli, Arsenal, play a quick attacking possesion game, Conte plays his 3 at the back, fast attacking football and counter attacking football.

At united, I really do not know what style of football Jose is trying to implement. One minute it is heavily possesion, next minute you see the use of wide men alot, then next game they try to play it through the middle etc. One minute he is playing 3 back at the back to goind back to 4 to at times asking full backs not to go past the half way line in the 2nd half (West Brom last weekend).

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

Well if you keep changing managers, you keep changing styles, and you end up with some players playing a type of football theyโ€™re not suited to. Curse of the impact managers…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        cm
        Participant

Thats a good point Pagan. I agree changing managers does not help.

Saying that Conte came in and had a team that had Jose and the previous managers players, you could see what sort football he had the side play. Same with Pep, yesterday he had 7 players in the lineup that he did not purchase and you can see what he is implmenting, Klopp had 8 players that was bought from the previous manager and he came in and you see what kind of football he wants his side to play. Under Jose at United, I and many of my United supporting mates just cannot figure what kind of football he is playing at times.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chelsea.man
          Participant

I doubt if Mourinho will walkout United without wining the league and get one better over Guardiola. and knowing the man’s ego during his time at Chelsea. he will only consider walking out when he wins the league. also i haven’t seen anything to suggest that he is unhappy at United. this is purely media speculation. or even could be Mourinho agent trying to engineer a pay rise for his client. but from what i have seen, Mourinho is fully content at United.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            cm
            Participant

Have to disagree chelsea man. There are plenty of indications that he is not happy.

Jose still stays at the hotel and has not attempted to purchase or rent his own place. His family still live in London and have made no attempts moving to Manchester. Jose has flirted with the PSG job recently with speculation in France saying he is the next PSG manager. He only has 18 months left on his current contract and if reports are true, United are reluctant to extend that. If you look at him and his return to England, he looks like a drained man. Has not cracked a smile, rarely celebrates a goal.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

You kidding Chelsea bloke? He’ll be off like a ferret up a drain pipe, and I’m predicting he’ll be playing the “I wasn’t backed in the market” card, citing PSG are now a bigger club “as they will buy all the players” he wants…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Cm, do you think the style is any better then under lvg? It reminds me of ragas style. Beat the lesser teams easily and be very cautious againest the bigger sides.

Utd are scoring goals but thereโ€™s something not right. I think their most important player is De Gea. They wouldnโ€™t be 2ns now if it wasnโ€™t for him in my opinion

You can see pogba has everything to be really top class and Iโ€™ve no doubt he can become world class but heโ€™s not affecting games like kdb or even couthino. He reminds me of Gerrard at his age as he is doesnโ€™t know how to track back etc.

Heโ€™s a 90m pound player. He should be running a muck in this league. Heโ€™s been suspended and injured this season. You can see how creative he can be. I just think he sound be doing more or am I being to harsh?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

All managers are hypocrites but Jose is in another level. He really is

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Sean, Pogba has been much better this season with Matic beside him. I’m convinced we’d be closer to City had he nor been out for so many games. With that said, though, he does always look like he has another couple of levels to go up. He needs to have a bigger impact on the bigger games, there’s no doubt there.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      paul powers tash
                      Participant

Spot on Sean and Banjo.If we win the league.I’ve a sneaky feeling he’ll be off
                        at the end of the season?

Whoever loses the PSG vs Real Madrid tie.Could be a option for JM?.Although
                        Zidane to PSG might upset the applecart?

One for the United fans.If you could swap JM for Ancelotti right now,would you?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

Klopp, Poch, Conte, Pep, all have a distinct style of play they want their team to play, they believe in their style and only make minor changes to that style if they feel it necessary.

Jose on the other hand plays whatever style he thinks gives him the best chance of winning, and as such will make vast changes game to game.

Which is best is another discussion…Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

I don’t think Jose’s ego will let him leave United voluntarily without winning the PL given that he’s won a League title at every single club he’s managed since Porto.

I fully expect another massive transfer splurge this Summer from Jose and at least another season from him at United.

Mourinho has only had one full season and two Summer transfer windows to date at United and United’s transfer strategy was all over the place under Moyes and LVG.

It takes time to turn a massive tanker around.

A bit more patience is required imo both the loss on Wednesday night and the draw last night on another day could easily have been victories for United.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Big Jim
                            Participant

Nine I honestly can’t see Mouriniho winning the PL while Pep stays. His archaic football has been surpassed by others, not just Pep. It’s only United’s spending power and David De Gea that has kept them just ahead of the rest of the chasing pack. The good news is City are opening contract talks with Guardiola in NY and are confident he will sign. But I sincerely hope mouriniho stays at United as he undoubtedly damaging the image of the club on an almost weekly basis!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Jim, it will be difficult and not just for United especially if Pep stays which seems likely but that will drive Mourinho on.

Time will be his judge at United personally despite the strength of Pep, City and the financial resources of City I wouldn’t bet against it and I suspect Mourinho will have a real go next season after a very significant spend in the Summer.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

Nine, there must be a very good chance DeGea will leave in the summer when Madrid come knocking again. He will be hard to replace. Who else will come that would significantly improve them with his one up front style of football. The world’s best players won’t come to United under such a negative coach imo. This has already been proved. The players they attract are second rank players hich is fine if Mouriniho was good enough to improved them. But he isnt. I think hes a busted flush.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

One thing Jose does is win trophies. His record is hugely impressive

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    goatistuta
                                    Participant

Interesting this one. Will he twist or stick? I truly believe he will make waves come the end of the season to a degree that the club and the hated one agree to part ways. That way he bails almost with dignity and runs off into the arms of PSG and tryโ€™s to beat Pep again.

Iโ€™d truly hate to have Maureen manage my club, think heโ€™s just a awful person who never stops blaming everyone and everything but himself. Donโ€™t know how the reds do it

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

I canโ€™t see Jose leaving utd anytime soon

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chelsea.man
                                        Participant

It will be foolish to underestimate the impact that Mourinho can have once he gets everything that he wants. and i totally share the opinion with 999 that Mourinho won’t walkout United without winning the league for them. because he will be seen as failure which makes his negotiations with PSG even weaker. the man knew that following Six Alex footsteps immediately after he retires would be impossible for any manager. he has to rebuild his reputation at Chelsea before taking that United challenge. and he was right as both Fergie’s immediate successors have failed miserably. i don’t know if he has engineered his sacking at Chelsea to take that United job or not. but by the time he has arrived at United he was seen as a savior. this season is his second season. and Mourinho tends to win the league in his second season. apart from his first stint at Chelsea. he tends to go for it in is second season. its strange but also that may be part to the fact that City and Pep bought well early and hit the ground running. City was a better team when Pep took over than United when Mourinho took over. so you have to understand the task that was waiting. and he is rebuilding. United have a very good defender in Bailey, defensive midfielder in Matic, and a good striker in Lukaku. he needs to get a Lampard type attacking midfielder. plus proper fullbacks. its incredible if people are writting him off too early. be cautious. so many jumped to the bandwagon and have written Guardiola off last season, but he has had the last laugh though.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          goatistuta
                                          Participant

If you guys truly believe Maureen wonโ€™t leave until he wins the league then given the teams around he may be at Utd for quite a while lol

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.