Home Community General Football Managerial changes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

As expected Bilic after such a poor performance from WHU on Saturday has gone , I do feel a tad sorry for him because he’s one of the good guys and always tells it as it is. But West Ham needed to do something.

Favourite to take over is David Moyes which seems a bit dangerous to me given the fact that Moyes failed at United, Sociedad and then took Sunderland down.

If it is Moyes as seems likely appointing him just until the end of the season seems sensible especially as the West Ham fans seem to be less than impressed with an appointment of Moyes so he might need to win them over.

The Everton situation is even more interesting Koeman has gone and Unsworth an Everton man through and through is in temporary charge if Moshiri and Kenwright were confident in Unsworth keeping them up they might be tempted to let Unsworth carry on until the end of the season when they will have a bigger pool to fish in and if he did well might let Unsworth have a go at it next season but it’s potentially a risky choice.

If I was an Evertonian I would want the club to go for Silva at Watford. The international break gives both West Ham and Everton a chance to think things through and make the changes they think necessary.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I see Micheal Emnanooaloosooloo has left Chelski, any thoughts there Goldie?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Blimey banjo you even beat SSN’s to the punch with that one.

I’m surprised but not disappointed if it’s true.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Rob Tab
          Participant

Hi 999 what is the reason that Emenalo has left as it has been officially reported or is it an inhouse secret in the ongoing Chelsea soapie, will make a great tv series.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Rob, your guess is as good as mine mate but the summer transfer window was very disjointed.

Too many cooks spoil the broth? Plus a touch of “palpable discord” ? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

David Luiz not even on the bench. And Costa told he wasnt wanted by text? No doubt who’s in charge at Chelsea. Its Conte way or the highway.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

Somehow Moyes seems to be a backwards step from Bilic.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Moyes is a strange choice for West Ham and I think the fans have every reason to be a bit concerned. It’s quite often the case when clubs struggle that they turn to experienced PL managers like Moyes, Allardyce, Pulis etc. They’ll be back in for a young manager from Europe as soon as their safety is secured though.

Looks as though Paul Clement is the favourite to be sacked next.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Jim, the Conte text to Costa was foolish but it was confirmation of an agreement reached in the previous January between Costa,his Agent,the club and Conte that he would move on in the summer. Shades of SAF though outing players that are problematical and tbh I’m with him on it. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Ed, in a poll of West Ham fans totally over 5,000 respondents 90% didn’t want Moyes.

If things don’t turn around quickly the fans are likely to very quickly turn on Moyes in a way they didn’t with Bilic because he was one of their own.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Ed I know what you are saying but I don’t really see Moyes as the same safe pair of hands as Pulis or Alardyce. Since he left Everton 4 yrs ago his career has nosedived somewhat. He seems to have been appointed as West Ham manager just because he managed United?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

I agree Big J, but I’m also thinking who else would take a contract to the end of the season? No-brainer from Moyes’s angle, if they stay up he’s reputation gets a wee boost, they go down he can point his fingers at the players who seemingly have a somewhat questionable attitude.

I mean, if they played every game the way they’ve played the two against my Spuds this season, they would absolutely be top half of the table now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Mikus LFC
                            Participant

I think Moyes has been quite naive in his attitude in all of his jobs since leaving Everton and has clearly underestimated all of them.

At Man Utd, I think undoubtedly the six year contract gave him a false sense of security whereby he thought he could take his time and there’d be no consequences. The Sociedad move was always a strange one for me and again I think he naΓ―vely thought he could do a job without speaking a word of the language. And again at Sunderland I don’t think it ever seemed to strike him about the size and urgency of the job there – rather than maintaining the foundation and siege mentality Allardyce had installed, Moyes seemed to act as though he was taking charge of a mid table side whom he could coach some nice football to. If he underestimates the West Ham job, he ain’t going to last long.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Pulis,Hughes,Clement,Woy, next?!.Would love it to be AW,cannot stand him any more!.I see Jose is “flirting” again with PSG!?.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

Woy,Moyes,Arry,Pulis,Big Sam,Hughes,should be managing in China imho! AW should have retired a decade ago.he is ruining Arsenal and the world of football will be much better without his ugly mug.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Why would Mouriniho want to go to PSG when he has only been at United just over a season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

No idea Jim but maybe because of unlimited funds,like spending well over Β£400m on Mbappe and Neymar,could be a reason?!.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

West Ham appointing Moyes has more to do with who was available with PL experience than anything else imo and currently he’s only there until the end of the season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

Big Sam would have been a much better option!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

maverick, probably but I suspect neither Big Sam or WHU wanted to go back.

Also Big Sam seems in line for the Everton job who are potentially a much bigger fish than WHU.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.