Home Community Man City Mahrez

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

Has he just not settled in yet? Seemed lost out on the wing at times yesterday. Hardly got a touch of the ball the first 10mins he was on. Still very early days but should we be expecting more?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Big Jim.
    #26372 Score: 0
    AdlabAdlab
    Participant
    230 pts

For £60m I would expect better but I think he is still learning how we play.
    Mendy injured again. Pep suggests it could be weeks!

#26375 Score: 0
    Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

Prefer Delph defensively than Mendy to be honest Adlab so perhaps that’s not a bad thing. Think Mahrez isn’t getting enough ball out wide when he comes on. Half the team don’t seem to be aware he’s on the pitch!

#26376 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    733 pts

Very difficult imo for new players particularly new offensive players to come in to a team as good as City’s and make a real impact City probably have to buy at a higher level than Mahrez for that to happen. Very useful squad player imo though who will prove his worth over the season.

#26379 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    290 pts

Same with keita. Doing ok but needs more time to settle.

Mahrez is a good player. Just needs time

#26382 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    733 pts

Keita was world class the best in his position a much better player than Kante was the drift on the Liverpool site? But that was before he had even kicked a ball in anger for Liverpool!?

Keita will be a very good aquisition for Liverpool Sean once he settles in but Alisson is the most meaningful of Liverpool’s summer signings imo.

#26385 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    290 pts

Ye well nine as I said that say, it was an embarrassing comment

Keita is doing alright and he will get better.

Klopp is doing the same with fabhino as he did with ox and Robertson. I expect to see him starting a few games now with the amount of Games we have.

#26390 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    733 pts

Sean, to your credit you did Sean unfortunately there are one or two on there who get a bit too carried away. Keita will be fine and I’m sure you’re right re Fabinho Klopp’s too smart not to know he has to utilise his squad.

Been very impressed with Robertson especially in forward mode he looks a bargain now. Cheers 999

#26391 Score: 0
    AdlabAdlab
    Participant
    230 pts
    #26395 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    239 pts

Mahrez, I questioned if we needed him but Pep thiks different , so I bow to his better judgement, He does need to start doing a little more, after all, he is not new to the Premier League. As to other questions posed, Delph had an outstanding game against Fulham but the player who continues to impress me is Bernado Silva, we do not need for a replacement of David Silva, we have one. I also like the way Gundogan upped the pace when we were slowing up a bit, game management, call it what you will but it is not a smart way Augerro going through an unlucky spell but he will hit the net soon enough Three should have been six though and improve GD Sterling…dont get me started!!!!!!

#26397 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    290 pts

Bernardo Silva is quality Brian. He’s nearly a carbon copy of David Silva.

I think I asked jim before but is David Silva cities beat ever player Brian?

Truly world class player who has been one of the best pl players around

#26398 Score: 0
    Mikus
    Participant
    186 pts

Sean, to this day I rue our failure to sign Silva years ago. Could you have imagined Gerrard, Torres & Silva up top for us? Think that would have sealed the title for us. Unfortunately for us, the club pretty much collapsed soon after and we went in the opposite direction.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.