Home Community Man City Mahrez

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

Has he just not settled in yet? Seemed lost out on the wing at times yesterday. Hardly got a touch of the ball the first 10mins he was on. Still very early days but should we be expecting more?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Big Jim.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Adlab
      Participant

For Β£60m I would expect better but I think he is still learning how we play.
        Mendy injured again. Pep suggests it could be weeks!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

Prefer Delph defensively than Mendy to be honest Adlab so perhaps that’s not a bad thing. Think Mahrez isn’t getting enough ball out wide when he comes on. Half the team don’t seem to be aware he’s on the pitch!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Very difficult imo for new players particularly new offensive players to come in to a team as good as City’s and make a real impact City probably have to buy at a higher level than Mahrez for that to happen. Very useful squad player imo though who will prove his worth over the season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Same with keita. Doing ok but needs more time to settle.

Mahrez is a good player. Just needs time

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Keita was world class the best in his position a much better player than Kante was the drift on the Liverpool site? But that was before he had even kicked a ball in anger for Liverpool!?

Keita will be a very good aquisition for Liverpool Sean once he settles in but Alisson is the most meaningful of Liverpool’s summer signings imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Ye well nine as I said that say, it was an embarrassing comment

Keita is doing alright and he will get better.

Klopp is doing the same with fabhino as he did with ox and Robertson. I expect to see him starting a few games now with the amount of Games we have.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Sean, to your credit you did Sean unfortunately there are one or two on there who get a bit too carried away. Keita will be fine and I’m sure you’re right re Fabinho Klopp’s too smart not to know he has to utilise his squad.

Been very impressed with Robertson especially in forward mode he looks a bargain now. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-trialled-var-saturdays-13254528

Quite interesting

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

Mahrez, I questioned if we needed him but Pep thiks different , so I bow to his better judgement, He does need to start doing a little more, after all, he is not new to the Premier League. As to other questions posed, Delph had an outstanding game against Fulham but the player who continues to impress me is Bernado Silva, we do not need for a replacement of David Silva, we have one. I also like the way Gundogan upped the pace when we were slowing up a bit, game management, call it what you will but it is not a smart way Augerro going through an unlucky spell but he will hit the net soon enough Three should have been six though and improve GD Sterling…dont get me started!!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

Bernardo Silva is quality Brian. He’s nearly a carbon copy of David Silva.

I think I asked jim before but is David Silva cities beat ever player Brian?

Truly world class player who has been one of the best pl players around

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

Sean, to this day I rue our failure to sign Silva years ago. Could you have imagined Gerrard, Torres & Silva up top for us? Think that would have sealed the title for us. Unfortunately for us, the club pretty much collapsed soon after and we went in the opposite direction.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Ye I always remember us being linked with Silva. He was a left winger then Mikus. Really top top class player who just keeps to himself

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Sean…best ever? hard to define for me because I can go a long way back, however, he is and has been my favourite player at City since he arrived. I have yet to see him have a bad game, a quiet one, here and there but never bad. I just love his ability to keep moving and finding space, rarely see him make a backwards pass but above all it is plain to see that he loves playing football. I agree, Bernado Silva, he is a carbon copy of David….just a few years younger and a bright future ahead of him

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Reading the City programme before the match, the opening pages was a letter from our owner. It was written with a great deal of humility and clearly put forward the desire to continue every aspect of Manchester City F C as well as social responsibility. It is also not just about City it is a way forward for any football club. I wonder how many owners could pen such a letter, well worth a read I know most clubs do not have the recources like he has but this is about what needs to be done and City have not reached “Everest” yet, he says City will make mistakes along the way but they will be worked through with the diligence that has given us the 10 years

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  dr ian
                                  Participant

We didn’t need Mahrez- he looked out of his depth in tonight’s game. The guy we should have gone for is Aubangyemang or however his name is spelt. Clearly Jesus is simply not good enough. Incidentally anyone else notice our under 19s got mullered?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Dr ian…like I was saying, mahrez is an experienced PL player, he needs to get into the game and not just to give short passes sideways and back…get forward lad.

Jesus is talented but I think he will not blossom in PL or with City, we need another Augerro. Lyon also took David Silva, Gungdogan, and Fernandinho out of the game. Fernandinho should be rested given the amount of work he has to do, put Foden in his place for at least 65 minutes. I will be pleased when KDB is back, I am sure our midfield miss him but we should be capable with the squad we have. Cardiff will be hurting as much as we are from last result so I do not expect an easy game but one of tough tackles and packed defence. Sane and Sterling on the wings please

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      dr ian
                                      Participant

Good evening Brian. I agree that tomorrow’s game will be difficult. Cardiff are a team of cloggers. Not sure if this is the game for Foden but surely Gundogan won’t start. Pep should stop chopping and changing with our centre backs. Liverpool aren’t changing theirs. Walker had a stinker against Lyon. We need the points tomorrow. A new striker in the January window please.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Big Jim
                                        Participant

Ian is right Cardiff are a team of cloggers. Bennett on Sane was as bad as they get.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

Gungdoghan was another to face Cardiff cloggers. I was not happy with our defending or pass quality in the first 30 minutes and better teams would have punished us, however, we found our shooting boots, at last

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.