Home Community Man City Liverpool

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

According to the press and radio there is no point us turning up. Mohamed Salah will beat us on his own. Such as:

Salah has skill to tame red-hot Manchester City, says Van Dijk
      Klopp: We have a lot of things Man City don’t like
      Virgil van Dijk insists Mohamed Salah can destroy any defence
      and these are on City pages!!
      And so on….
      What our glorious press fail to remember is it is two legs

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      whoisbeni
      Participant

You e got it bad mate

How many more times are you gonna cry about this?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

Its years of it Beni. Takes its toll!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          whoisbeni
          Participant

Hahahaha
            No problem mate – do you want a hug?

I’m sure you’re likely to be the happiest ofbus both after the two legs – chin up, you’re there to be pulled down by the media now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Happiest Bus? Is that like the Fugly Bus?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Mind games Adlab the game will be decided on the pitch.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

I really don’t know we’re yiu sre hetting this from Adlab mate

Everything I’ve read is that city are clear Favourites and will win

Not sure if you are trying to play it down but Liverpool are the clear underdogs and 99% of people I’ve spoken to think city will win

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

You’ve listed headlines of interviews with players.

What press are actually suggesting that you shouldn’t turn up because all of the pundits and sports news related people are saying that they see City winning it.

you’ve brought this up before so I’m gonna have to ask that you link sources other than things that current Liverpool players or our manager have said. Honestly, if you expect our current players to come out and say that they expect to lose then you’re insane.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

Bad news for us with Aguero injured for tomorrow and presumably Saturday

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

here’s a headline that doesn’t suit your agenda : Liverpool’s Klopp: Going past Man City in UCL will be ‘unbelievably difficult’

‘De Bruyne more deserving than Salah’ – This is on skys website when you go to the Liverpool page.
                        ‘Pep’s best-ever XI ‘ – so is this.

Charlie Nichols predicts 1-1 at Anfield.

Danny Mills had this to say : “It sounds daft but would Mo Salah get in Manchester City’s team? All the Liverpool fans will say: ‘Yes of course he would.’ Who would you swap him for? Would you swap him for Sane? I’m not so sure.” – Pro Liverpool BS right there. the cheek

Lawrenson : “We talk about Liverpool’s front three being able to scare any team left in the Champions League – which is true – but you can say exactly the same about Manchester City. This is the level we are talking about.”

Alejandro Moreno (ESPN) : “I think Man City are too good for Liverpool over 2 legs”.
                        Shaka Hislop predicts 1-1 at Anfield.

GRAEME SOUNESS : “Man City will beat Liverpool and can go on to win the Champions League”

Mills “It’s going to be really tough over 2 games, for Liverpool”.

That’s all I could find in a quick search.

Quite a few ex liverpool lads there predicting Liverpool to go out. So .. what are you on about?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Haha, I’m not surprised on Danny Mills’ ‘verdict’.

Those who have been ex-pros effectively are like you and I and fans of the game. We write lots of opinions on here and I read ‘bloggs’, only they get paid for what they write or say in the public domain.

I’ve personally have learned to try and manage the negativity better by not allowing yourself to be drawn in.

Even as a generally optimistic type of a fan, I’ve pointed out on the match thread our weaknesses and the threat City could pose on us.

When I predicted Liverpool would win emphatically against Man City in the league back in January, that was just pure intuition and I predicted we’d be THE team that would finally end their unbeaten run in the league.

It’s all opinions, and they don’t in reality influence what unravels on the pitch.

Chin up Adlab!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Based on this season I would take Salah ahead of Sterling and Sterling is having a good season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Danny Mills is a proper knob

Mak, agree I’ve read nothing about Liverpool having just to turn up to win

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Ah ya Nine, anyone who wouldnt put Salah into man citys first 11 is a moron. He’s on course to breaking the PL goals record while getting double figures in assists. End of all discussions.

I think the 2nd quote was Danny Murphy btw not Mills haha.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                whoisbeni
                                Participant

Just to cheer up Adlab

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Looks like taa will be up againest SanΓ©. Very tough for the lad and he needs help from our midfield

If we don’t track Silva’s runs aswell, were screwed. City score 1st it will silence the crowd. They will score at some stage as our defence is pants. Just hope we are in the tie after tonight but I think city will win3-1

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Sean, I don’t think you can rule out any result and any score either way.

Personally I think both teams will still be in the tie ahead on the 2nd leg next week.

The key for Liverpool is whether they can remain defensively strong for 180 minutes plus injury time if they can they’ve got a great chance of going through imo but it’s a big ask against a team as offensively strong as City with so many quality players all over the pitch and with Liverpool’s known defensive frailties.

This is turning into a great Champions League competition now with Real finding some form in the competition and effectively through Bayern likely to join them plus the winners of this tie and most likely Barca in the Semi Finals. Mouthwatering just like the two legs of this Qtr Final can’t wait.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Adlab
                                      Participant

Its 50:50.
                                        Everbody is expecting 3-3 or 5-4 or something similar.
                                        Get your money on 0-0!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

I’ll have a bag of Monster Munch (Pickled Onion Flavor) on it not being 0-0…. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Chucky! I love a bag of Pickled onion πŸ˜€ I’ll be on my way later to the Supermarket hahaha πŸ™‚

And who’s predicting a 0-0 here?! πŸ˜€ We do not believe in Buses πŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 133 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.