Home Community Liverpool Liverpool V Manchester City – Sunday 4pm

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Had a read through on a good old certain site. From a small portion, pretty good, but from another, it’s all doom and gloom. It’s like the whole world has ended for them since the sudden departure of Phillipe Coutinho.

The Boy’s moved on and we should too, firstly by celebrating what we have which in my eyes is an abundance of good quality players and I really mean and believe in that.

Maybe not quite the score I felt a couple of weeks back, but I certainly won’t allow Coutinho’s void to place me into a great deal of doubt when I truly believe we can beat City convincingly and comprehensively.

Danny Sturridge and Mo Salah are back in training too. May I add too as a ‘disclaimer’ it’s purely nothing personally directed at Man City themselves as a club, just purely as a competitor I see that I want to try and get the better off on this occasion.

It’s Anfield and there’s no doubt in my mind come Sunday WE WILL BE RARING TO GO – COME ON THE REDS!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Very tough game. No surprise to see sterling score. Kdb and Silva just run games. We need to stop them from getting comfortable on the ball. Then again there’s sane and augero.

Massive game for us as it will show us how we have come

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chelsea.man
        Participant

I can’t see Liverpool losing this one. usually i’m good at predicting these big game matches. the likely outcome could be draw for those teams. but if there is a win, i suspect Liverpool will nick. they are at home and the onus is on them to break City. on the other hand Pep is too stubborn to sit back and soak up pressure. he will want to dominate the game and control possession. should he go for this route, with Liverpool’s attacking trio and their pace. it will be a good game for the neutrals. having said that i know who i will be supporting, but will have to play my cards close to chest. i don’t want to upset friends from both sides. they are two teams that i like watching.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Sean, Coutinho will be a big miss for Liverpool especially in the forthcoming big games like this one but Liverpool still have plenty in their armoury although their defence will be tested but I suspect so will City’s defence.

Really difficult game to call with Coutinho Liverpool might have edged it at Anfield but a draw will suit both teams and that’s what I think it will end up as.

Very much looking forward to it though should be a cracker.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

C Man, you’re a breath of fresh air with your viewpoints. We’re been of famine here crossing over this site and the other – you can’t help it, but if you land within the same mix of Posters telling you the same stuff just when you think you think you’ve got away from it all onto an entirely different Island of unknown, this is what you have to live with.

Whether either of us are right or wrong, there has to always be an element of Pride, not “oh I don’t know, City will be too much for us, they have so much quality” laa dee daa.

I would never say that in my Changing Room ever, even if I’m sat rooted bottom of that League Table.

Pride and Home Territory full of the Best Supporters in my view this land can produce on the day.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Be Positive and Upbeat.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Nil, I’m confused.
                  Where on here has anyone said City will be too much for Liverpool?
                  Certainly the posts I’ve read don’t seem to suggest that. Personally I will be surprised if Liverpool lose this game even without Coutinho. It’s a game to savour imo which could go any of three ways.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Nine, don’t worry mate, nothing to do with you at all – just speaking aloud – cannot go in with a defeatist type of attitude otherwise we WILL be done over. Have to trust and believe, than declaring Game Over before any Whistle blown.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

To be fair, I did say something along the lines of I will be dissapointed if we dont come away from Anfield with all three points! But I’m a City fan, we are playing well and im optimistic by nature and Christ we are due a win at the bloody place! Anelka in what 2003 was the last time. Got to be our worst ground for results by far. To be honest I will be totally pi$$ed off if Bloody Liverpool end our unbeaten run on Sunday.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      whoisbeni
                      Participant

Hard to predict. No bets or predictions from me on this.

I thought we should have won at City but collapsed after the sending off. Although 1-0 down we had been the better team until then.

God knows what will happen on Sunday but if Sterling gets sent off in the first ten minutes it will be a good start.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Be nice if you lads gave young Raheem a nice round of applause when he steps back out at Anfield Beni!? You did get good money for him and he hasnt said a bad word about your club since he left. Unlike a certain James Milner. ? On a serious note I hope it’s a good game and that there are no red cards.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Completely biased, but would be quite happy with a major spanking for Pool, along with a few red cards too for the men in red!!

6-0 would be nice! Kebabs on me!! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Jim, that’s it. City will win at Anfield sometime. It’s been so long since they win there. Every time records are highlighted were we have done well ahsinest certain teams, we lose

We certainly have a chance. We are playing well. It’s far to tough to predict.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

Agree Sean, it could easily go either way. For City alot depends on whether David Silva plays, when he plays we are much more affective up front imo. We are due a win at Anfield, and with this side and current form, we have our best chance in decades. But nothing is a certainty and that’s football. ☺

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                whoisbeni
                                Participant

I don’t think I will be applauding Sterling Jim – he’s pretty hard to like, and I never liked him much even when he played for us. No red cards for Liverpool players though will do me just fine – if I were the ref I’d send off a couple of City players in the tunnel though πŸ™‚

2-0
                                  2-4
                                  3-1
                                  2-2
                                  0-4
                                  5-6?

god knows.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

5 all would be nice especially if you’re a neutral.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

6-5 City and I’ll forget the red cards… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Big Jim
                                      Participant

Haha Beni, it’s either a very brave or foolish man who’s prepared to stick big money on a specific result this Sunday.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Brian blue
                                        Participant

I am just going to sit back and enjoy listening to what should be a good game of football. It could go either way. I doubt it will be a scorless game but lets just enjoy the match and 22 players. Hope a good Ref on as well

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          paul powers tash
                                          Participant

Spot on Brian.I’d take a point right now though if offered πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 152 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.