Home Community Liverpool Liverpool V Everton – Sunday 14:15

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Well, it’s the Mersey Derby and given Chelsea’s loss, a window of opportunity to move to 3rd place.

No doubt new Toffee’s boss Sam Allardyce will prepare his players foil our bluster. We have to follow essentially what we delivered on Wednesday; lots of goals, intensity and a clean sheet.

Jordan Henderson returns but we did pretty good without him. I hope Lallana gets a run out but the show has to be set for the Roadrunner, the little Magician and Salah!!!!! 😀

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Can only see a comfortable Liverpool win I can’t remember the last time Everton won at Anfield.

I suspect Big Sam will apply his plan A and get 10 men behind the ball but if Liverpool score early on as they likely will all that goes out of the window and it could be a difficult afternoon for Everton.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Looking forward to this one, if not a little nervous. Let’s hope for some good form and for Salah to score his first derby goal. Is Lallana fit yet? Would be nice to see him get 30 mins at least. Best thing that the 11 put out there today can do is to forget the 7-0 and go into this game in fear of losing. Its that little bit of fear that keeps you sharp. . but not too much please. especially at the back.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

That was 2 points dropped make no mistake. Speaking of which Lovren’s was a silly mistake which we inevitably paid the price for. Every other time there’s an opportunity to leapfrog, we throw it away.

The Mane chance late on the first half should have been squared for an Ox simple tap-in.

Bar parker Sam gets his way!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Very angry with Mourinho today. Super goal from Salah.

How good would Chelsea be right now with Salah and De Bruyne in the Chelsea team.

Massive massive mistakes even allowing for KDB pushing to get away and Mane’s development rush.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Was very surprised at Anfield result.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Nine, momentarily from reading the first line of your comment, I thought you were on the wrong thread 🙂 🙂

I get your perspective though mate, and all these top quality individuals we have we are extremely grateful for, however, frustratingly, it’s those silly errors that’s costing us all 3 points.

Some work to be done now and the games are coming thick and fast.

Cheers

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Jim, slight similarities from our playing philosophy and how it’s demonstrated on the pitch.

The difference being that you guys have individuals who are placing themselves into the heart of the 6 yard area and most importantly WILLING to go that little further in taking a risk and being clinical in front of goal.

The one player who can do all this for some reason this afternoon was benched by our beloved Manager. Maybe Jurgen is wary from last season when we were missing players so he’s trying to decimate his games to the depth of the squad.

We had a JCB, but not enough to bulldoze a brickwall.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Why did Klopp leave his best player in Coutinio on the bench today. I would have been livid if Pep had left KDB on the bench today.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

We simply do not sincerely have an answer nor a logical explanation. Those leeches have though along with a certain dearly hated person by the name of Wayne Rooney. I really hate Everton for this reason. They are rough and they are and have been a constant leech on Liverpool.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

There is too much focus on resting players these days. It really has no purpose if you’re keeping players fresh for later when you’ll desperately have to go on an epic winning run to make up for all the points you dropped.

Henderson is not good enough to play for Liverpool but Klopp absolutely loves him. We will never win the league with him as captain, so as a fan I feel like I’m being held hostage. We will piss away our potential because the manager really likes a player who is not PL winning captain material.

Coutinho should not be rested for the derby, Klopp is here long enough to know this. The thing that I saw coming but will not excuse though, is the substitution of Salah. Every single Liveprool fna knew that everton would come looking to snatch a winner and this is when you need players like Salah the most.

Klopp has a lot of great things about him and absolutely love the stly eof football we play under him. I didn’t want us to sign Salah, I couldn’t have been more wrong about him now could I? He’s now my favourite player. I didn’t see any signs of this at Chelsea but perhaps I could be forgiven as to why. . . but that’s another story.

As for the penalty, I don’t think it was one. The player himself went for the contact and then dived. I’m sick of talkign about referring mistakes tohugh, we should have made it so we could deal with conceding a goal. I actually think lovren played quite well today and will take some undeserved critisism from this.

anyway, overall I think that Klopp must shoulder the blame for this result. That’s quite a few already this season, for me. I think he needs to take each PL match more seriously and stop thinking about what is on the calender. he really needs to learn to improve or I think the wheels might come off, again.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Mak, good to see you back posting buddie.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Absolutely stupid penalty for Lovren to give away especially as Calvert Lewin was heading away from the goal. Some you get away with some you don’t all the commentators and all the pundits and all the ex Refs agreed it was a penalty but when both Souness and Carragher who bleed Liverpool red blood both agree it was a penalty I think you can safely say the Ref got it right it was a penalty.

Agree with Mak in a Derby v Everton when everyone and their dog would have known how Allardyce would set Everton up you don’t rest the one player in Coutinho who could unlock a massed defence.

Liverpool though should have won that game at a canter even with all the rested players and whilst I understand Klopp’s frustration at the end of the game berating the Ref in the middle of the pitch and his after match interview might well land him with an FA charge.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chelsea.man
                              Participant

Here i’m lads, just registered and posting for the first time. well Liverpool have themselves to blame. they could have the game dead and buried at half time.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Trebor Talbo
                                Participant

haha – did you see that interview with Klopp after the game where he had a hassle with the tv guy that interviewed him, at the end of the day all managers will always believe they were done wrong even though the majority of neutrals and commentators see it the other way – same with Mourinho yesterday who wanted a penalty that wasnt.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Trebor Talbo
                                  Participant

Hey Chelseaman this site is far more user friendly, I am unable to get into T/T for over a year now. Hopefully it will stay this way meaning here.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chelsea.man
                                    Participant

hence fourth am posting here. i’m done with teamtalk. no security for account. and when you complain they don’t respond.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Chelsea Man, good to have you on board. Always good to get different people’s thoughts.

I’m just totally thrown with the team selection and my only logical explanation would be distributing these matches through the squad to give them game time and to avoid injuries.

Like Barca had with Neymar, Messi and Suarez, we should be default be selecting Coutinho, Mane and Salah. We’d be given opposition teams a hard time, guaranteed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

whether or not it was penalty (i personally thought it wasnt, but also very stupid of lovren to give the ref the chance to make a decision) klopp has to shoulder the blame for team selection. he completely underestimated everton and if i were a liverpool i’d be fuming with him leaving out coutinho and firmino.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

Have to agree with Paxton, not convinced it was a pen but sometimes they get given. But you definitely need your most creative player on the pitch to break down a well organised defence. Said it before but imo Henderson is simply not good enough for Liverpool. He hardly ever passes forward when I see him play.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.