Home Community General Football Liverpool up for sale!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I’ll open the bidding with 6 bottle tops, 3 Mars Bars, 2 cans of Tango (flavor to be decided), and a bag of Monster Munch!!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

One for Qatar?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

Chucky you’d be bidding for thr most successful club in England, not a new striker for spurs!

I like FSG despite a few major mistakes. There’s a certain group of owners that I won’t mention incase if upsetting some posters on here were in charge I would take my support elsewhere.

Apart from Roman (and we all know what a warmonger he can be when there’s a few Rubels in it for him) are there any owners that do it for the anything but their own self interest?

Worrying times…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

3p’s… fine, I’ll rise you 2 bags of Monster Munch… ๐Ÿ™‚

Adders… they’d have to sell PSG first, wouldn’t they?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Always got the impression this wasn’t far round the corner. Given the club was bought for around ยฃ300 mill and is now worth billions it’s not been a bad investment. In the hands of the Gods now.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Jim Ratcliffe could be interested but being owned by a United fan probably wouldnโ€™t go down well with the Liverpool fans. Otherwise it could be an American group bid.

But Sky Sports are reporting that FSG would consider new shareholders.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Mikus LFC
                  Participant

Yeh maybe the headlines are not quite in tune with the statement, though either way, it could be the start of a withdrawal from the club.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

What about Qatar or Dubai or China? They have the money

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Liverpool are a very attractive proposition

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

The Athletic are going strong on the whole “for sale” point with lots of follow up articles, despite the less than clear statement from the club. Bit strange but it’s almost unthinkable that The Athletic are jumping the gun.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

For Sale or just new Stakeholders either way it’s not helpful to the Club at a bit of a tricky time.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

I for one donโ€™t want a rich sheik to buy the club

I like fsg. Grass isnโ€™t always greener

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

It’s interesting to come across from various internet mediums the comments from fans on this. Apparently, FSG want to sell the club outright. Presumably, some influence of this is from being thwarted from essentially trying to sell-out the club to form a Super League. Didn’t go to plan.

You think of the growth and development from the take off when FSG were first on the scene to it’s current value of stake. They would really be creaming.

Who has this sort of money apart from the obvious to buy FSG out, outright.

I’ve mentioned this earlier on whats’app today; you need to be careful who you wish for. I think from an objective point of view, maybe as far as investment in the squad goes, FSG possibly feel they can’t take the club any further, or simply, they don’t want to be the ones to shell out.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                threeps
                                Participant

Nil, agree with most of what you said but I think it should have read “FSG possibly feel they can’t take their profits any further”. I also think the Suoer League debacle was the indication they needed that they were at maximum profit already and continuing more would mean added investment with little financial gain.

Sean I also like FSG and have often championed the way they run the club despite a few well documented mistakes. But they are at the end of the day businessmen looking to make as much as they can from the club. I am concerned at who could follow if it is indeed a full sale of the club.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

No I understand that theeeps. We canโ€™t compete at the minute as fppp is not worth anything. I donโ€™t want to be owned by a state. Klopp may walk.

Get someone in like Chelsea owner who interfers and Klopp walks?

Iโ€™d rather win the right way then by just ploughing money into everything

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

From what I’ve seen most of the cyber chatter seems to be suggesting more of share sell-off, rather than a complete sell-off, and that would be even worse I think, with multiple “investment” companies getting involved and all wanting share dividends.. unless, of course, they get an acceptable offer for the whole lot…

Don’t think there’s going to be another Middle East buy-out, nobody else wants to get in the “pissing contest that is going on between the Saudi’s, Qataries, and the UAE… which I suppose from a moral point of view is a good thing… but that only leaves ‘investors’… and that will have an impact on the pitch for sure (unless there happens to be a fan on one of the board) as I really can’t see how clubs (more specifically, their values) can go up much more.

We’ve said it before, the money in football is getting to truly insane levels, and as much as we all think it can’t go any higher (I mean, where can we go from State owned clubs??), I don’t see how an “investor” can really expect profits while maintaining competitiveness on the pitch.

Worrying times, and not just for Liverpool fans.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

I do feel from a football point of view, Liverpool supporters like myself will have to endure a period of disappointment and hard times. I use the word hard, but we’ve been through a lot worse.

The reality is, other teams have caught up and we have fell behind. When was for example James Milner signed and by who? It’s a miracle we have him on the field and Henderson. Compared to our competitors, we must be fielding one of the oldest squads in age and the least fit as a result.

We are overrun in the middle of the part, rewind right from Fulham.

FSG in my eyes always wanted to maintain their blueprint of Moneyball. Klopp worked miracles with NET SPEND and bought off player sales. The squad needs a huge investment because players like Van Dijk and Allison won’t be around let’s be honest in 5 years and we need to be thinking about that.

I feel the Real Madrid outcome could be the turning point for Jurgen Klopp, because the League’s gone and realistically, 4th is a harder task. He will probably resign.

So potentially, some bad times we may go through until we find a new buyer. I believe though, this time next year, it’ll be a whole new Outlook.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Not a bad place to start if FSG allow Spirit Of Shankly the Platform of being able to have a say in who comes in. Ultimately though, money will talk.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

“Not a quick process. Could take a couple of years…” I don’t doubt they’re open to offers for the whole club but as everyone else says, there’s such a small pool of people that can afford to buy them outright and most of them are very questionable from a morality standpoint. I can certainly understand why this is concerning for Liverpool fans. Another oil state would well and truly cement a top 3 in the league with Newcastle and City for years to come.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.