Home Community General Football League Cup Round of 16. WC 28/10

This topic contains 164 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  sean the sailor 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)
  • Author

nine nine nine
    731 pts

Some big games this week in the Round of 16 including Liverpool v Arsenal and Chelsea v United. ( What a shame that both these games are being played on the same night).

Southampton have a chance to put their 0-9 home defeat by Leicester right with consecutive away games v Man City in both the League Cup and the PL.

#51222 Score: 0
    steveosnakeeye
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant
    128 pts

we will lose and i fear we could end up with a worse score than Southampton!

#51223 Score: 0
    threeps
    threeps
    Participant
    107 pts

Despite playing one of the big teams I can see Liverpool resting most of their first team. Fully expect Gomez, Milner, Ox, Keita, Origi, Lallana and Adrian to be supplemented by youngsters like Brewster and Elliot. My concerns would be who can play the full back positions and who can give Fabinho a rest? Fabinho is one booking away from an automatic suspension, maybe he should play this and get a yellow to ensure he is available for City? He really should of thought of that last game 😀

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by threeps threeps.
    #51240 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    450 pts

Who gives a fook about this comp,still? Play the youth,just like in the EL.

#51241 Score: 0
    Pagan
    Pagan
    Participant
    245 pts

Teams that have realistic chance of winning it….Pagan

#51242 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    450 pts

Its a cup compo,anything its possible.Wouldnt want United to play anyone over the age of 17.

#51243 Score: 0
    Pagan
    Pagan
    Participant
    245 pts

Fair comment, you might beat a school team….Pagan😂

#51244 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    731 pts

There are only 4 trophies any Club can win in any season, this one provides a Wembley Final and imo you can’t pick and choose what trophies you would like to win.

I expect that both United and Chelsea who aren’t realistically competing for the PL will put out fairly strong teams even though both Club’s are suffering with a number of injuries.

Be more than happy for Chelsea to be lucky enough to win the League Cup again after the disappointment of losing the Final on penalties to City last season.

Got to get past United first though and that won’t be easy.

#51245 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    450 pts

Peggy-True m8,but it gives youth players a chance to play & develop.Much rather my team gives youth a chance in comps like these than spend £80m on Maguire,£52m on Fred,etc…..

#51246 Score: 0
    Pagan
    Pagan
    Participant
    245 pts

Yeah, in all seriousness it does give the teams with let’s say more prestigious trophies to go for a chance to blood the youngsters, it’s a bit like a transfer ban for the other clubs…Pagan

#51250 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    450 pts

Pagan-I can understand City going for everything as they have such a strong and large squad,but lets say Liverpool lose Salah & VVD,Spuds lose Kane & Son,through injuries.Imho the league and the CL should be the most important comps.

#51253 Score: 0
    Pagan
    Pagan
    Participant
    245 pts

To be honest, for me it’s The League, FA Cup, Europe if it’s there then the League Cup, in that order, do like to see the youth giving it a go…Pagan

#51254 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    450 pts

Pagan-You would much rather your team won the the PL rather than CL? I would swap half of Uniteds PL titles for a few more CL trophies,without hesitation.I can understand Liberoools fans to be honest,long time since they have won it.

#51255 Score: 0
    Pagan
    Pagan
    Participant
    245 pts

Yes I would, I prefer them to win the FA Cup than the CL, The League is always No.1 for me, I like the straight knockout formula of the FA Cup, and if the CL was done on that system I would probably swap those two round. I just find the CL a money making exercise for the big boys….Pagan

#51257 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    450 pts

That is very true.I prefer the old format where only the champs could play in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.