Home Community General Football League Cup Round of 16. WC 28/10

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 165 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Some big games this week in the Round of 16 including Liverpool v Arsenal and Chelsea v United. ( What a shame that both these games are being played on the same night).

Southampton have a chance to put their 0-9 home defeat by Leicester right with consecutive away games v Man City in both the League Cup and the PL.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

we will lose and i fear we could end up with a worse score than Southampton!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        threeps
        Participant

Despite playing one of the big teams I can see Liverpool resting most of their first team. Fully expect Gomez, Milner, Ox, Keita, Origi, Lallana and Adrian to be supplemented by youngsters like Brewster and Elliot. My concerns would be who can play the full back positions and who can give Fabinho a rest? Fabinho is one booking away from an automatic suspension, maybe he should play this and get a yellow to ensure he is available for City? He really should of thought of that last game πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by threeps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Who gives a fook about this comp,still? Play the youth,just like in the EL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Pagan
            Participant

Teams that have realistic chance of winning it….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Its a cup compo,anything its possible.Wouldnt want United to play anyone over the age of 17.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Pagan
                Participant

Fair comment, you might beat a school team….Pagan?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

There are only 4 trophies any Club can win in any season, this one provides a Wembley Final and imo you can’t pick and choose what trophies you would like to win.

I expect that both United and Chelsea who aren’t realistically competing for the PL will put out fairly strong teams even though both Club’s are suffering with a number of injuries.

Be more than happy for Chelsea to be lucky enough to win the League Cup again after the disappointment of losing the Final on penalties to City last season.

Got to get past United first though and that won’t be easy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Peggy-True m8,but it gives youth players a chance to play & develop.Much rather my team gives youth a chance in comps like these than spend Β£80m on Maguire,Β£52m on Fred,etc…..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

Yeah, in all seriousness it does give the teams with let’s say more prestigious trophies to go for a chance to blood the youngsters, it’s a bit like a transfer ban for the other clubs…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Pagan-I can understand City going for everything as they have such a strong and large squad,but lets say Liverpool lose Salah & VVD,Spuds lose Kane & Son,through injuries.Imho the league and the CL should be the most important comps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

To be honest, for me it’s The League, FA Cup, Europe if it’s there then the League Cup, in that order, do like to see the youth giving it a go…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Pagan-You would much rather your team won the the PL rather than CL? I would swap half of Uniteds PL titles for a few more CL trophies,without hesitation.I can understand Liberoools fans to be honest,long time since they have won it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

Yes I would, I prefer them to win the FA Cup than the CL, The League is always No.1 for me, I like the straight knockout formula of the FA Cup, and if the CL was done on that system I would probably swap those two round. I just find the CL a money making exercise for the big boys….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

That is very true.I prefer the old format where only the champs could play in it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Agree with Pagan it’s the PL first for me too as it’s the bigger challenge over a whole season and much more difficult to win.

I still love the FA Cup but unfortunately it doesn’t have quite the same prestige as it used to have for various reasons. The League Cup has always been the 4th priority trophy but Swindon Town fans would never agree with that.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Pagan
                                    Participant

The thing about the FA Cup is it’s one game, and in the good old days you had replays which were great for the lower league clubs, if they got a draw at home they got a day out, and if they got a draw a away, you brought the big boys back home and made them get changed in a portacabin. The new format is a winner takes all which can produce surprise results, but a midweek replay on a field in the rain was a great leveller….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

My choice has always been
                                        1. PL 2 FA Cup 3 CL 4 Any other Cup

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Brian, you’d prefer the FA Cup over the CL? Genuinely? I would take a CL over 5 FA Cup wins in a row. Deadly serious. The CL is my favourite tournament, in many regards. The PL in some toher ones but nothing comes even close to either of them, after that.

As for this LC game, we’ve got bloody Arsenal. That is a bit of a crazy draw for us but we’ve got to deal with it. Klopp hasn’t valued the domestic cups at all and I don’t expect that to change much, so I think we’ll rest players. On the other hand, this is a great opportunity to get some fitness/sharpness improvements for the fringe players. A chance for them to impress the manager.

Our defensive options are not great right now and combined with the fact that we’ve got a pile up of fixtures, this will make for a really odd potential line up but I’ll have a go all the same

Team :

Adrian
                                          Hoever – Lovren – Van Den Berg – Gomez
                                          Lallana – Milner – Keita
                                          Firmino
                                          Mane – Origi

Yuek. I imagine Klopp might just start trent and Robertson to avoid getting battered but we’ve got the Villa game to think about and a few players with knocks. Salah still hasn’t fully recovered from that awful tackle against Leicester. People talk about how lucky we are. That should have been a straight red but wasn’t. Our star player has been struggling since (although he was good enough against Spurs).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Mak-I would swap 5 PL titles & 5 FA cups =combined,for another 5 CL triumphs,for United.Compare Real Madrid to Glasgow Rangers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 165 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.