Home Community General Football Lambert and Giggs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Both seem risky appointments to me with Stoke turning to Lambert after being turned down by O’Neill and Flores. Lambert was a great player and comes over very well on TV but hasn’t really pulled up any trees in his managerial career. Success will be keeping Stoke up.

Giggs was an iconic player but has struggled to get a start in management a tad strange imo to appoint him to an international managerial role with no real managerial experience.
      But he is Welsh!?

It could be a good launching pad though for Giggs if he can be successful with Wales but the likes of Bale are in the twilight of their careers and Giggs will need to get Wales to the Euro Finals at least as his predecessor did to be considered a success.

Time will be their Judge!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Can’t wait for the first round of friendlies Giggsy-Wiggsy is in charge off when all the players pull out “through injury”… going to get a taste of his own medicine then!

And I bet a Mars Bar he’ll come out with some sort of “only picking players who want to play for the shirt” bull-cocks at his first press conference.

Lambert could be an interesting one though…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

All the Wales players have to lock-up their WAGS,lol…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Ha,ha Mav that’s a good point.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            paul powers tash
            Participant

Both seem risky appointments to me with Stoke turning to Lambert after being turned down by O’Neill and Flores. Lambert was a great player and comes over very well on TV but hasn’t really pulled up any trees in his managerial career. Success will be keeping Stoke up.

I’m not so sure re the above pal.I remember Lambert did quite well for Colchester.On the back of that.
              He got the Norwich gig.Where I think he did well (might of got them to the Premier league) till it
              fizzled out.

More recently Villa.You only have to look where they are now to see he had no chance.
              Plus he had to sell the only decent players he had.Lastly Wolves again did they have the backers
              like the club has now ?

I do agree with you that both MON and Flores would of been better appointments (on paper at least)
              But can you think of someone else out there (realistically) who you’d get in ? I can’t btw πŸ™‚

One thing I would say.Very poor by the board/chairman of Stoke sacking Hughes and not having a
              replacement lined up ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

ppt, no you’re right Stoke had to turn to someone and they were running out of candidates Lambert was almost last man standing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.