Home Community Man City KdB !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

After getting home last night a little worse for wear, I watched MOTD highlights. They rightly focused on Kevin’s performance. I could be wrong but I can’t recall a more determined display by a City player for 90mins. He was a man possessed yesterday chasing everything, running through midfield. Tackling. Passing and scoring a great goal. Can anyone else recall a performance by a City player of such a high standard or possibly better? Its got to be bloody good.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Jim, I thought KDB was fantastic last night every time I watch him I get more angry with Jose.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Blaze
        Participant

Jose was an idiot to sell him, no excuses cause at that point in time you could already see his ability.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Surrey Blue
          Participant

Jim, maybe I’m looking through blue tinted specs but I’d humbly suggest that Colin Bell – and the similarities have been noted on here and elsewhere – got quite near on numerous occasions for City. His performance against Utd in the 1-3 at OT just ahead of the 1968 league title was possibly the stand out – and before he was kicked out of the match ( cf Dele Alli attempt on KdB yesterday which fortunately failed). But I recognise it’s difficult to compare and contrast over such a long time…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            cityfred
            Participant

I was just about to reply with a comment virtually identical to the on posted by Surrey Blue. As he states, comparing player performances in different eras is impossible. Colin did not have the ball skills, acceleration and passing efficiency of KDB but neither did he have the lightweight equipment, perfect pitches and the scientific training enjoyed by the players of today. What Colin did have was the mentality, stamina and work ethic shown by Kevin yesterday and, were he playing now, I am sure would show the same star quality

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Surrey and Fred it’s great to hear such stories about Bell. Sadly before my time but its no coincidence that it’s been said many times and people still recall great games he had nearly 50 years ago! To show that much drive passion and determination in a game is as very rear thing. When KDB scored yesterday he made 21 with his fingers in tribute presumably to David Silva. Let’s just hope that all is ok with David and his family.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Colin Bell was a wonderful player.

Bit worrying about Silva as you say Jim let’s hope everything is ok especially with his family.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

I do not like compareing players from a different era and level of football. There is no doubt in my mind for the era Colin Bell was in he was supreme and if he was to play in to days squad I have no doubt his game will have changed as someone as pointed out, pitch quality, equipment and training facilities, that I understand. I do not believe you can make a 1:1 comparison though. KDB is a very special and unique player, probably go on to be better than Ronaldo and Messi…he has time and the ability. It is his all round game that is impressive even to chasing 3/4 players without the ball against Spurs, I can only think of Tevez, Dichov doing that SO, for me, they are BOTH my greatest City players but Frank Swift is still my No1!!!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

KDB produced another sublime performance on Saturday with three assists the first for Sterling and second for Aguero were just ridiculously good. Other players just dont try those passes! When you here ex pro players saying he sees things differently and is on another level and is the best they think they have seen in the PL. Then you know he is special.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Big Jim
                      Participant

https://mobile.twitter.com/thefutebolist/status/962364529517780993/photo/1

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        paul powers tash
                        Participant

He’s right up there.With the best I’ve ever seen Jim.
                          Sir Colin’s time was before I was born.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

Well for me I can’t recall anybody who passes the ball as consistently as good as him Paul. And that includes Gerrard, Beckham and Giggs. How does he see these passes let along play them? Its astonishing.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

He reminds me so much of Colin Bell. Difficult to compare but back in the 60’s and70’s what today would be a red card tackle you could get away with.
                              Bell today would be outstanding too. To me they are both so similar.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chelsea.man
                              Participant

Most consistent player in the league by a mile. but i would still give Salah the PFA player of the year. what he has done with Liverpool is absolute magic. to come and hit the ground running like he did at Liverpool is staggering. but take nothing away from KDB he is a league of his own. but still he has some top performers around him and has two seasons to settle in. whilst Salah has 20 league goals in his first season. with that Liverpool team. i think you may say i’m big biased. but Salah for me the PFA player. but i would love to have KDB in my team every minute.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

Chelsea man. I have doubt very much if KDB will get near the PFA or any award. City players are not appreciated by others in the game regardless of their achievements. Aguero has never won an award or been in a team of the year. Silva has made team of the year once! I expect them to be ignored these days for me it just shows the ignorance of those voting.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Big J… if it puts any fizz in your beans, I’d have Kev-monster as my TOWIE over Hairy-Bloke…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

Sorry Social Worker Not sure I understand any of that! ?. Can you translate please Mav?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Chelsea.man
                                      Participant

Big Jim

Relax mate i don’t think if anyone would deny the fact that City players have achieved what no one hasn’t achieved anyone in this season. and KDB, Silva and Kun Aguero you have players that are a level of their own. but still i would have gone for Salah for the PFA. what he has achieved individually is unreal. can you imagine a player who was written off before he made his debut for Liverpool and has got 20 league goals? only second to the division’s most deadly men in Kane and Kun Aguero. and he isn’t an out and out striker? but in KDB he is a league on his own when it comes to creativity and goals from Central midfield. the goals he has scored this season has been a class above the rest. and none more so than the one he scored at Stamford Bridge. and if i predict the 6 contenders of the PFA this season may be. 1. Kun Aguero, 2. Harry Kane, 2. Mohamed Salah, 3 Raheem Sterling ( his progress this season unheard), 4. David Silva, 5. KDB, 6. and you may say i’m biased but Hazard will be nominated, but i doubt if he will win. my vote is with Mohamed Salah.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

I’ll eat my hat and Jim’s if City as a club and the City players aren’t personally recognised for their achievements this season which will surely end as a record title winning season and perhaps much more. I don’t care what anyone says this City side imo is the best PL team I’ve seen.

If their not it’s a travesty and I will personally write to Theresa May and complain.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Adlab
                                          Participant

Nine.
                                            Mrs May cant even sort Brexit!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.