Home Community Man City KDB

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

Out for 2mths apparently after injury to knee in training. Big blow to lose the best midfielder in the Prem. Need Bernado and young Phil to step up now.

#25312 Score: 0
    AdlabAdlab
    Participant
    230 pts

Such a pity for us. Might be longer.
    Its stuff like this I hate.

FAN REACTION ‘Delighted we’ll be winning the league’ – Liverpool supporters have mixed responses to Kevin De Bruyne’s injury.
    Its shades of Pogba wishing injuries on us. Cant win fairly?

On another Liverpool related matter does anybody know whether Merseyside police have made any arrests re last seasons bus attack. Im mindful to ask using freedom of information. Sean , Hightown do you happen to know?

#25313 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    733 pts

Feel for KDB. Shame for the game to see top players like him out for months with injury. Hopefully he returns sooner than expected. Different players but I’m a big fan of Bernardo.

#25314 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    290 pts

Adlab, haven’t heard anything.

In fairness it’s always some fans. It’s absolutely ridiculous for fans to react like that.

Bernardo Silva is an excellent player. David Silva is still going strong.

Real blow for city but they still have some great options

#25315 Score: 0
    Hightown hopeHightown hope
    Participant
    176 pts

KDB is one of my favourite players outside of Liverpool, and I’m sorry for him that he will be missing some game time. He seems like a good guy also. It’s a loss to the Premiership as well. However, I read that he is expected back in a couple of months, so let’s get this in proportion, there are many players who are out for much longer who are worthy of plenty of sympathy – Oxlade-Chamberlain being one.

Anyway, I’m not unsympathetic to either KDB or the City fans…as I say he will be missed and I certainly don’t condone any gloating from rival fans. Like Sean though, I think City have enough strength in depth to cope for a couple of months.

#25317 Score: 0
    MoosMoos
    Participant
    26 pts

Something not right if a a player sustained a serious injury while training.

#25320 Score: 0
    PaxtonPaxton
    Spectator
    70 pts

or, accidents happen!

#25321 Score: 0
    AdlabAdlab
    Participant
    230 pts

Moos it happens. Do you know that most injuries occur when you get out of bed.
    I dont think its anything particular to do with training methods.

#25322 Score: 0
    Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

These things happen, not sure if it’s the same knee as a couple of years ago. Hope it’s not 4 months as reported as possible earlier today. Probably just speculation.

#25326 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    239 pts

Not good news about KDB but I am sure Pep will have contingency plans and players that will do a good job. I would favour the two Siva’s in partnership with Foden as back up. Could be our Iniesta and Xavi??????? Most of all I want Kun to score to get his season going

#25327 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    733 pts

The news on KDB seems quite pessemetic hopefully it won’t be quite as bad as December.

City have a great squad and are probably the best equipped club to deal with such an important loss but as good as the squad is KDB will be badly missed arguably he is City’s best player and it might well have an impact on the title race although hopefully not

#25329 Score: 0
    Mikus
    Participant
    186 pts

This is still the difference for me between City and Liverpool. Whilst of course Liverpool should be less dependent on some players this season, Salah would still be a much bigger loss to Liverpool than KDB is to City. There’s far too much balance and quality at City for it to be a significant problem for them. The biggest opportunity for Liverpool this year will be if City go far in the CL, and thus struggle somewhat to juggle the two at the business end of the season. That said , Liverpool should still be looking for nothing less than maximum points in the coming months to put the pressure on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.