Home Community Man City KDB

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

Out for 2mths apparently after injury to knee in training. Big blow to lose the best midfielder in the Prem. Need Bernado and young Phil to step up now.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Adlab
      Participant

Such a pity for us. Might be longer.
        Its stuff like this I hate.

FAN REACTION ‘Delighted we’ll be winning the league’ – Liverpool supporters have mixed responses to Kevin De Bruyne’s injury.
        Its shades of Pogba wishing injuries on us. Cant win fairly?

On another Liverpool related matter does anybody know whether Merseyside police have made any arrests re last seasons bus attack. Im mindful to ask using freedom of information. Sean , Hightown do you happen to know?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Feel for KDB. Shame for the game to see top players like him out for months with injury. Hopefully he returns sooner than expected. Different players but I’m a big fan of Bernardo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Adlab, haven’t heard anything.

In fairness it’s always some fans. It’s absolutely ridiculous for fans to react like that.

Bernardo Silva is an excellent player. David Silva is still going strong.

Real blow for city but they still have some great options

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

KDB is one of my favourite players outside of Liverpool, and I’m sorry for him that he will be missing some game time. He seems like a good guy also. It’s a loss to the Premiership as well. However, I read that he is expected back in a couple of months, so let’s get this in proportion, there are many players who are out for much longer who are worthy of plenty of sympathy – Oxlade-Chamberlain being one.

Anyway, I’m not unsympathetic to either KDB or the City fans…as I say he will be missed and I certainly don’t condone any gloating from rival fans. Like Sean though, I think City have enough strength in depth to cope for a couple of months.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Something not right if a a player sustained a serious injury while training.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

or, accidents happen!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Adlab
                  Participant

Moos it happens. Do you know that most injuries occur when you get out of bed.
                    I dont think its anything particular to do with training methods.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

These things happen, not sure if it’s the same knee as a couple of years ago. Hope it’s not 4 months as reported as possible earlier today. Probably just speculation.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

Not good news about KDB but I am sure Pep will have contingency plans and players that will do a good job. I would favour the two Siva’s in partnership with Foden as back up. Could be our Iniesta and Xavi??????? Most of all I want Kun to score to get his season going

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

The news on KDB seems quite pessemetic hopefully it won’t be quite as bad as December.

City have a great squad and are probably the best equipped club to deal with such an important loss but as good as the squad is KDB will be badly missed arguably he is City’s best player and it might well have an impact on the title race although hopefully not

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

This is still the difference for me between City and Liverpool. Whilst of course Liverpool should be less dependent on some players this season, Salah would still be a much bigger loss to Liverpool than KDB is to City. There’s far too much balance and quality at City for it to be a significant problem for them. The biggest opportunity for Liverpool this year will be if City go far in the CL, and thus struggle somewhat to juggle the two at the business end of the season. That said , Liverpool should still be looking for nothing less than maximum points in the coming months to put the pressure on.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Mikus, not sure about that mate I think KDB is as important to City as Salah is to Liverpool and very difficult to fully cover for his loss even with the quality in the City squad.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Mikus LFC
                              Participant

Key word for me Nine is balance. City are more of a balanced side even though they still play on the front foot. To me, they just defend more naturally or robustly than Liverpool do. I’m maybe getting over picky here but we have to explore things in the fine margins when you’re close to your rivals – and Guardiola is a stickler for fine details. With Liverpool, their game is somewhat more about brute force and having a quick and ruthless attack (and albeit a hard working hungry team that works to win the ball back) whereas City has a more robust overall team strategy. Put simply, you could take any player out that City team and they’d cope and adapt. With a player like Salah, his movement and goals are so integral to our winning formula – and this also eases the pressure on our defenders (who I think are more exposed at times than our rivals defenders).

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Great explanation but I’m still not sure!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Jamie Redknapp’s view on the KDB injury and Liverpool in today’s Daily Express.

“I fancy Liverpool this year.

I like the look of them. I think they will run Manchester City very close.

City will be favourites, but if Kevin de Bruyne is out for a few months that’s a big blow”

“I think Liverpool could mount a real challenge this year. You look at their forward power now, the front three are incredible, Daniel Sturridge came off the bench the other day and scored and Xherdan Shaqiri is there, he’s another player with great ability.

“I think they could be real threat this season to Manchester City. If they’re going to do it, it’s going to be this season.

“They seem to have a great spirit there, the manager is a like Pep, he’s got a great personality and the players seem to like him.

“I think this could be Liverpool’s year to win a championship again.”

I guess you wouldn’t expect anything else from Redknapp and this is the problem with employing pundits who have strong links to the club they played for imo and Redknapp is not alone in this.

I woukd like to see Sky and BT Sport field pundits that don’t have leanings to their ex club’s for punditry when their former clubs are playing.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

999 – I really don’t like Redknapp at all, but I really don’t think you can quibble with what he has said above. There are plenty of pundits, ex-Liverpool or otherwise, who fancy Liverpool to give City a closer run for their money than they had last season. What do you want him to do…because he’s an ex-player, rule them out of contention? Every bookie I’ve seen makes Liverpool 2nd favourites, and Redknapp is no different to them.

While I agree ex-players can sometimes make crass comments, this is not one of those occasions. If he’d gloated over KDB’s injury or said he hoped City fail or even that he hoped Liverpool would do it, you could criticise him, but he’s backed up in that article why he believes Liverpool are going to be City’s closest challengers with relevant points i.e. our front 3, the spirit of the players, the stronger back up squad than last season, and the manager.

You’re just trying to start the pundit argument again. Save it for when someone does say something really stupid. You won’t have long to wait, I’m sure!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Big Jim
                                      Participant

BT and Sky are loaded with ex United and Liverpool players. I ignore 99% of them for that very reason. However the one I do like listening to is Gary Neville who I find impartial informative and interesting. There I’ve said it ! ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Hightown, I agree that may well just be Redknapp’s opinion it’s even my opinion that Liverpool are in the title race this Season and will push City all the way. ?

But I do have a bit of a jaundiced view of pundits especially when they are talking about their former clubs thankfully some of the worst aren’t given too much airtime.

Having said that I agree with Jim on Neville and I also think Carragher tries to give an unbiased view too.

Personally I would like to see non related pundits analysing games and controversial decisions just my opinion mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Adlab
                                          Participant

Jim. Gary Neville. Hated him as a player but an outstanding pundit. The number of ex Liverpool pundits is amazing considering they have not won the league for a quarter of a century (plus)
                                            Listening to TV they are willing Liverpool to win. Simple. The team at the top at the end of the season wins by getting the most points. All the crap thats talked on radio and tv is irrelevant.
                                            It would be nice to see some balance!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.