Home Community General Football Joe Hart and Jordan Pickford

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

First of all, I think Liverpool missed a trick not signing Pickford. I don’t want to go into too much detail as this thread is more focused towards Joe Hart and our national team going forward, but potentially, we could have washed our hands with Mignolet and bring in Pickford.

Karius, ever since the howler v Bournemouth (last season) hasn’t really been a prominent figure.

More to the point though, what has happened to Joe Hart? I used to rate this guy, but I can now see why Pep got rid and made the change he needed to.

In relation to England, I’m wondering whether Hart’s days are numbered and whether we should turn our attentions on Pickford not ruling out the possibility of him featuring in next summer’s World Cup should we qualify.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

It’s a big season for Joe Hart, newbalance. Like you, I always rated the guy, and probably did until the Euros last summer when he was woeful.

I didn’t see the United game on Sunday or even the goals…was he at fault for any of them?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Hightown, thanks for the reply.

In fairness, it’s probably easy for any of us to be swept into forming some sort of a conclusion when there’s barely one game played and another 37 to go plus extras from elsewhere – and although nothing to take away from United’s performance, I was left surprised that Joe Hart didn’t even bother to come off his line (I think for the second goal) and just watched it go in. That doesn’t sound like him at all as he’s more of a leader and a ‘get up and go after’ type of character.

Time will tell though whether he will be an asset to West Ham. Jordan Pickford meanwhile I believe will for Everton.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

For what it’s worth, which isn’t much, I watched the YooUtd game and nothing really springs to mind with regards to Hart having a mare as such…having said that, nothing springs to mind about him having a blinder either…. the only vague impression I got as far as Hart is concerned, was thinking he’s going to have plenty of practice with that team defense in front of him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Chucky, totally get where you are coming from and moving clubs means having to re-establish yourself elsewhere and proving you’re worth your dollar.

Pre-season should be the time to familiarize yourself with your new team mates and team set up, but a lot of the clubs now are thrown straight into the deep end of these mini-tournaments/tours so they have all that to deal with and before you know it, you’re straight into a full throttle of the brand new PL season.

I don’t think Hart knew what him quite frankly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

It’s also going to be interesting to see if Jack Butland can regain his fitness and form this season. Before his injury he really looked like he would be challenging Hart for the England jersey. Hope he gets it back.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Forster at Southampton always seems to have a good game when I’ve watched him too…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.