Home Community General Football Jack Grealish

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster
    574 pts

Lots of noise on the radio and social media about Grealish not getting into the England squad. I do find it a bit odd.

What else could he have done this season to get in? He’s carried Villa to survival.

My own theory is that I don’t think Southgate wants to tie him into England unless he’s absolutely sure he’s got a place for him. If he gets an England cap, then never plays again for England, he’s thrown away a chance to be a huge player for Ireland.

#161601 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    595 pts

I’d have him over Maddison Ed. Is Maddison in the squad?

He’s a very good player.

#161605 Score: 0
    steveosnakeeyesteveosnakeeye
    Participant
    335 pts

I hear Southgate is a stickler and doesn’t like outside shit like Harry and Stirling this week… and isn’t Grealish meant to be a bit of a wide boy? May be wrong on all that 🤣

#161611 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    595 pts

I’d have him over foden, Mount and Maddison all day long

#161618 Score: 0
    maverick1973maverick1973
    Participant
    648 pts

Mad not having him in the squad,unless he has done someffin to upset Gareth.

#161629 Score: 0
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    111 pts

Steveo bit tough for Southgate to say that when he’s recalled Kyle Walker to the squad. Hardly covered himself in glory last few months.

Also interested to know why Calvin Phillips is now good enough for England but wasnt last season. Must be him being an established premier league now.

Southgate seems to pick maddison just for shits and giggles. Drags him away to duty and then doesn’t give him a minute on the pitch.

Think Southgate is very overrated. Yes he got England to a semi final but throughout the tournament actually lost as many games as he won.

#161637 Score: 0
    Editor
    Keymaster
    574 pts

Agree with that Paxton. Southgate has done OK. Nothing more.

Agree with Sean too. Grealish is more deserving of an England spot than any of Foden and Maddison. Arguably Mount, too.

#161639 Score: 1
    Editor
    Keymaster
    574 pts

This says it all

#161683 Score: 0
    Participant
    82 pts

I think Grealish would improve any of the top four sides, cracking player.

#165047 Score: 0
    steveosnakeeyesteveosnakeeye
    Participant
    335 pts

Now called up …..

#165115 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    1.1K pts

Agree with 442.

I think Grealish probably needs a move to a top PL to take him up a level of two but understandably after looking United bound United signed DVB for half of the figure they had seemingly been quoted by Villa and there lies Grealish’s problem I don’t think any of the top PL Clubs will be prepared to pay that sort of money for him.

#165119 Score: 0
    AdlabAdlab
    Participant
    313 pts

Top diver. Not my cup of tea.

#165126 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    1.1K pts

Yeah you don’t want too many of them in the same team Adlab.😊

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.