Home Community Man City It shows you!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

Liverpool lose to Swansea even though they should have won easily. Tney did everything but score but there it is!
      Will they get slaughtered by press and pundits. Will there be a witch hunt v VVD?
      I doubt it very much.
      No they seem immune.
      This is what we get -Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says his side’s performance “wasn’t good enough” after they lost 1-0 against Swansea City.
      We lose ONE game and all vitriol breaks loose.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Adlab, because we are currently top of the pile and there to be shot at. It really shows how far we have come when it’s major news that we lose a game and our record breaking winning run comes to an end. Take the positives out of it. As Beni said he considers it dare I say typical Liverpool a poor loss to a team they should beat after a big win. Ie He isn’t surprised. Also I have heard pundits criticising Liverpool this morning and Klopp tactics. So it’s not all sweetness and light so to speak. Jim

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        D1rtyH4rry
        Participant

Whenever we concede a goal the whole world looks at our keeper and defence with a microscope. In fact I doubt there is a backline in world football under more scrutiny. But excuse me while I get the violin out for you.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Sorry, bored at work and couldn’t resist… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            whoisbeni
            Participant

oi Banjo – I’m not feeling sorry for myself over this. What I’m sorry for is that I didn’t put money on it – I told everyone in work yesterday we would be beaten. I told them there was more chance of me taking Kelly Brook home than Liverpool even getting a point. As a joke they all put money on it and due to my own principles I didn’t (I just cannot make money from Liverpool losing) – they are all quids in today, and I’m not. That’s something to feel a bit sorry about – So I’ll get my tiny violin out. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

You had no chance of taking Kells home as she was at my gaff last night, so you should spunked your wedge on the game! πŸ™‚

Still think you’re boys will make TOP 4, although our in a couple of weeks is a real 6 pointer (Can we have the Wembly version of Pool again, please?)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Adlab
                Participant

Whoisbeni. You dont need Kelly Brook. Thats just greedy!
                  If you watched the game last night you should have no hair left! It should/could easily been 5 or 6 for you.
                  Thats football!
                  VVD not that impressive (as a neutral observer)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

It seemed to me Vrigil Von Lesbo was just walking around a lot, the Swans on the few times the went forward, went down the channels either side… I wasn’t impressed to be honest.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Zonal marking takes abit of getting used to Chucky.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Everybody takes a bit of getting used to Chucky…. what’s your point? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Klopp employs Zonal marking new defenders in a team have to get used to it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

So other than getting used to Chucky, Virgil Von Lesbo has to get used to a new system too? A system that has been systematically proven to be very vulnerable?

I think it was Einstein who said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results.”

Klopp should have called me and saved 75 million quid minus a bag of Monster Munch.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            whoisbeni
                            Participant

It was frustrating watching – I was not expecting us to score though, it had that feel to it

You’re right Banjo – got an offer from Katie Perry but it was Kelly or nothing

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Katie could have cleaned my kitchen while Kelly was doing the bathroom…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

Einstein never said that.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

First time in a while we have played that badly. Swansea fully deserved it

Klopp gets plenty of stick and got loads in sept/oct

Utd, Chelsea, aresnal have all had freaky results at places they should have won. We are the sane. It’s typical us but we need to bounce back quickly

It was never about 2nd or 3rd. It’s wll about 4th for me. You can never get carried away as a Liverpool fan as these results are always around the corner. It just can’t derail us for rest of season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Adlab
                                    Participant

Sean
                                      What do you think of VVD? Β£75M? Woryh it?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Adlab
                                      Participant

Spelling…..worth,

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

No defender is worth that mate but very early days. Let’s see how he gets in but We need another centre half in my opinion. We just keep conceding from set plays especially on the 2nd ball. Mawson took his goal well. We were never going to score last night. No excuses, Swansea out fought us etc. they deserved their win as we were so poor in the 1st half especially

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

If a player can’t be worth Β£75m then a Β£20m player couldn’t have been worth it 15-20 years ago. If VVD turns out to be a world class player for us then he will have been well worth it. The sums may go up but relatively, they are no different from times gone. Clubs have always fought to pay as much for players as they could afford.

Still, the price-tag is a lot of pressure. Instead of moving to a club and trying his best to improve them, VVD will have to live up to this figure. It’s a lot of pressure that will potentially add to his settling in time.

I think he’ll prove to be worth it in then end.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.