Home Community General Football Has anybody got an answer?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

I listened to the Tranmere v Bolton match on Saturday, it was tragic, a team of youngsters playing a league match against seasoned Pro’s. They were physically battered. We know the Bolton situation, but now comes Bury, Macclesfield and how many more? Responsible ownership I guess is the key to this. I feel particularly sad in Bury’s case because I applied for a season ticket about 4 years ago and I am still waiting for a response. I applied because my City days are coming to a close and Bury is on 15 minutes away. I am now in my 75 th season at City, my last apart from an odd game but I thought I would support a local team for my last years of watching. I may end up just watching City ladies now. I feel sad for the fans of the clubs now struggling with poor ownership management.
      I cannot remember it happening years ago in the lower divisions as it is now, maybe they were just more prudent then and I know Money/sponsors take everything these days but I wish them all well

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I have no idea about an answer to that question, but I bloody well doff my cap to anybody who dedicates 75 sodding years to this frustratingly beautiful game!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

I doff my hat to you too Brian.

I don’t get to Chelsea as much as I would like to these days for various reasons but there’s nothing like going to a live game and I’m lucky enough to get backwards and forwards to Ashton Gate reasonably regularly with my son and Grandson which prevents me from just becoming an armchair fans after decades of being a Chelsea season ticket holder and growing up being a home and away fan.

It’s nice to see some of the young guys and gals supporting their nearest local team rather than taking the easy way out and supporting one of the big PL or European teams.

I’m proud of our little lad supporting his nearest local team when he could have easily have followed his Dad’s team which is Chelsea and I’m proud of my Son ensuring that my Grandson grows up watching live football with his Dad just like my Son’s did with me and I did with my Dad.

Going to live games regularly wherever that may be is what being a football fan is really about imo.

I hope you have many more years following this great game of ours and that we all love Brian from wherever that may be. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

ps I don’t know the answer either Brian other than hopefully more youngsters growing up to support their local teams which hopefully ultimately creates sufficient revenue for them to survive.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Well done Brian,well done indeed young man! 75 years,eh?Bloody hell!!! as for all the teams you mentioned,and lots more that might get affected by the same tragic circumstances,hope good days are just ahead of them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Puppy, I bet Double B can remember when the Spuds won the league, let alone when Liberoools did… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Leicester’s a City now with a greater population than previous decades and one of a diverse background in community.

I have been aware of the Bolton situation for months whereby players haven’t been paid their wages.

Organically, the club has to rely on the gate-money from you’d think, the local community in and around that geographical area.

Other than that, the only way out is an Investor or a sad but no other option of winding down. I remember years ago watching a documentary on Leyton Orient before Barry Hearn came in circa 1995 buying the club for a ‘fiver’.

One other way could be for a Consortium compiled of A wealthy Business Person/s and let’s say former affiliated players effectively starting from scratch using Academy players and bring in semi-pros prepared to play for Peanuts.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Mikus LFC
                  Participant

Was chatting to a Bolton fan recently, and though it might not be a primary factor in all this, he said one of the mistakes they made when they built the new stadium some decades ago was that it was located far too far out of the city centre, which obviously adds difficulties to some fans attending as well as simply not being able to draw people in who might already be in the city centre.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Thank you all for the kind words, 75 yrs is a long time, I was 10 yr old when I went to my first match 1944/5 season City1 Everton 3…you would have thought that would have put me off City but it did not. Now at 85yrs time is catching up on my traveling to matches and getting jostled in the crowds although I do go early and sometimes leave a little early. Chuky, I remember Spurs winning very well and did watch that marvelous team play some great football…then the crowd cheered not booed as the fashion is to day. The one thing I miss to day is football characters, we see good players but not characters any more. I could not name one in the Premier

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

Mikus…that was a factor but mostly poor management and that 4 letter word GREED

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Brian… the words world class, legend, overused words to describe footballers… Theyre reserved for the fans who’ve kept the turnstiles revolving over lifetimes and more. You’re a club hero… have you ever tried to calculate what you’ve spent on your addiction over your lifetime?

And It happened to the town side near where I grew up, the club sold the ground to pp[erty developers and then the council refused planning permission for a small stadium where they agreed to put it.

I guess its wheeler dealer local businessmen trying to make a quick buck. The fact that clubs are going to the wall suggests that theyre either be run badly or the money in the top two tiers hasn’t trickled down as it should. That could be due to clubs and academies and where clubs can draw talent from. I guess fan run clubs akin to the Bundesliga might help lower division clubs. Chelsea pitch owners have had a hand inn keeping Chelsea at the bridge. Probably a lot to be said for fans owning parts of the club.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Another thing I smile about to day, I mentioned my first match, well my sister and her future husband who was in the RAF flying in Lancasters were both avid Utd fans, of course they took me to see Utd as well but they did not have Frank Swift!!!!! Always said to them both, they gained success by playing on the City pitch and had a ex City Captain as Manager, a certain Mr Busby

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Location or relocation of course can play a part and never be underestimated – valid point Mikus – reminds me a bit of Highfield Road and Ricoh Arena, although that was part of a Tesco shopping centre complex, it felt isolated from the Cov City Centre.

Coventry these days now ground-share with Birmingham.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

Brilliant to see you back Brian. The forum is a better place with you around Sir!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                steveosnakeeye
                                Participant

no idea on how to save smaller clubs but Brian has blown my tiny mind!

casually slipping in his first season 1944/45…..huge respect to you Brian for being a true blue for so long

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

Get your facts the Chelsea pitch owners is one of the reasons the club has not advanced to a bigger, better and more viable stadium, it’s not going to happen for a few reason them being one.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chelsea.man
                                    Participant

I have nothing to say other than I have massive respect for you Brain. you absolutely deserve an award for your loyalty to the club. this tradition is rarely found in the game these days. I hope the City board takes note of your loyalty and organize a birthday party for you next time.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Hightown hope

I’ll echo that, Chelsea man. That’s amazing, Brian! Seen the good, the bad, the dreadful and the stunning, I guess. Keep going as long as you feel physically able!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Moos. that’s a bit unfair I don’t see where 442 has got his facts wrong the Chelsea Pitch Owners (CPO) was set up by Ken Bates to ensure that the Football Club never faced the prospect of being homeless again which looked very possible in those dark days of Marler Estates and Cabra owning the ground and on the acquisition of the Ground in the early 90’s Bates set up the CPO to ensure the Football Club never were threatened with the loss of the Ground agsin.

The CPO own the rights to the pitch, stadium naming,turnstiles and the name Chelsea Football Club thus ensuring that property developers this ensuring by the spread of shares that the Ground could never be sold without the consent of the CPO. The amount of shares that anyone owner can own is limited to 100 and they provide no profit opportunities to the owners.

It’s true that the CPO voted against a move away from Stamford Bridge when the Club out it to them but that was because there were no viable alternatives put forward by the Club that were in a 3 mile radius of the Bridge and the CPO didn’t want a new Ground built situated miles away on some green field site a la the Bolton Wanderers situation.

Subsequently the Club accepted the position of the CPO and plans for a new 60,000 capacity Stamford Bridge were drawn up to be built on the current site but work on that stopped with Abramovich being denied his Visa by the UK Government in an entirely political move whether it will recommence under the ownership of Abramovich or another owner is still open to conjecture.

But what is certain is that no owner of Chelsea Football Club can ever sell the Ground with the land being some of the most valuable in London because of where the Ground is situated without the approval of the CPO who as supporters only have what’s right for Club and it’s fans at heart and because of that they are a force of good not evil.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chelsea.man
                                          Participant

I don’t seem to remember the Chelsea pitch owners being an issue to our stadium redevelopment plans. I thought the issue has more to do with Roman’s visa and not the Pitch owners. as long as this visa issue is standing, our stadium plans would in doubt.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 67 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.