Home Community General Football Harry Redknapp relieved of his duties

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Seems, it’s not just the Prem. Birmingham have sacked Harry Redknapp and he’s actually taken it magnanimous coming on the airwaves to open up on his time spent with the club.

I do feel for some clubs out there, the transfer window can be challenging in an event of managerial changes and transition.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Just made me think on the subject of timing. I mean, I have to say CP would have done better to appoint Redknapp than Hodgson. He would definitely recharge Palace with belief and confidence and start picking up points.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Waiter to West Ham, Diamond ‘Arry to Newcastle…. you heard it here first!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Doesn’t seem two minutes since he looked nailed on for the England job. Ever since then, his career has gone further and further downhill. A shame really as he built some side there at Spurs. That side he had at Spurs but with Harry Kane would have been a real contender I think for the league

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Have to disagree Steady Eddy, we had a defense that would make Pool’s look good! That side was great going forwards for sure, but backwards….

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Was it that bad Banjo? You’ll remember better than I can but I had a quick look back at the squad and there’s some quality in that defence. Dawson, King, Gallas, Corluka, Kaboul. Fullbacks were a bit dodgy, granted but I don’t remember it being as bad as you say.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Woodgate, too. Woodgate and King, now they would have been a contender for the best centreback pairing the league had seen if they’d both stayed fit. Both quality

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Dawson…. would head out a jumbo jet if you asked him but the people in row Z could tell you about his passing abilities…

King… when he played was great, for all 7 games a season….

Gallas…. you’re thinking of the Goonie/Chelski version…..

Corluka…. I’ve got garden gnomes who could turn quicker…..

Kaboul… okay, half decent…but the other half wasn’t by a long shot…

Don’t forget Gomes in goal (it was the gnome comment that reminded me! 🙂 )

PS Woodgate… he was great for the other 7 games a season when Ledders couldn’t make it…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

I absolutely liked Harry at Spurs as a neutral. He just allowed everyone to go out and play – remember Bentley hitting the heights not to mention a certain Gareth Bale and Luca Moderic. Posh is probably the best coach though Spurs have had in a while transforming this Spurs team to be more resolute at the back with quality defenders.

I never really understood or took to AVB.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Remember Scott Parker – did he play under Harry?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

I think he did Nil, not 100% sure though. Glad to see Scotty is back in the veggie patch as coach. Proper professional player, hopefully he’ll keep the youngsters in line and stop all the “silly” off-pitch activities…

Seem to remember a silly story from ‘Arry about Scotty P, something about how he would watch Scotty P color in all his football boots before training with a black magic marker, as he (Scotty) couldn’t stand “the stupid colors” the boot companies were coming out with….

I guess that would mean Scotty did play under ‘Arry! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Fair summary of those players I guess, Banjo. Maybe my memory was playing tricks on me. OK I’ll refine my statement. If that side had Harry Kane and the current side’s defence, they’d be a real contender for the league!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Yeah… and if we had Gazza, Klinsmann, Hoddle and Greaves in the squad, we’d win Big Ears too! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.