Home Community Spurs Glen Hoddle

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Editor 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

TheBricklayersArmsN17
    Participant
    17 pts

Just heard that Glen Hoddle collapsed at the BT Studios this morning, it is said to be serious.
    I just hope he has a swift recovery.

#27581 Score: 0

TheBricklayersArmsN17
    Participant
    17 pts

That should read Glenn Hoddle .

#27582 Score: 1

nine nine nine
    318 pts

Awful news . Stay strong Glenn thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

#27592 Score: 0
    srd79
    srd79
    Participant
    25 pts

Sad news. He isn’t very old, is he?

I hope he recovers.

#27595 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    318 pts

Only 61 srd and I believe today was his birthday hell of a player and he talks more sense than most pundits.

#27598 Score: 0
    srd79
    srd79
    Participant
    25 pts

61 is no age at all. At 39 I’m too young (imagine saying that at my age šŸ˜€ ) to have seen him in his prime. I wish him all the best.

#27605 Score: 0

Big Jim
    Participant
    183 pts

Hopefully Hoddle will pull through? Assuming its a heart attack people can make full recoveries these days. Dreadful news from Liecester last night. Hopefully not too many people on board.

#27657 Score: 0
    Hightown hope
    Hightown hope
    Participant
    74 pts

I will always remember Hoddle’s goal against Watford…a little dink chip from an impossible angle. And an amazing volley he scored with a proper route one goal from a punt out from the Spurs keeper, it was headed on by someone and Hoddle volleyed it in from 20 yards or so. I can’t remember who that was against, and it could be my memory playing tricks and making it better than it was, but he was a truly sublime player. His first game for England as well, a side footer in to the top corner from 20 yaerds against Bulgaria (?).

Loved watching him play, even against us. He scored a cracker from 30 yards at the Kop end in a 3-1 win for Liverpool on the day we won the league to put Spurs 1-0 up. Fortunately we were good enough in those days for it not to matter. But I can remember more goals scored by Hoddle than any other non-Liverpool player, and that is a testament to just how great he was.

So my best wishes to him, and i hope he makes a full recovery

#27702 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    318 pts

Good news that Glenn is now out of intensive care.

#27704 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    120 pts

Great news!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.