Home Community General Football Gameweek 1 It’s Back! Weekend Football

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 217 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Friday Night Countdown and Countdown to a Brand New Season of 2019/20

The Ribbon will be cut open so to speak at Anfield, 8’Clock 🙂

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Nike19.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Editor.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

I’ve my fantasy football team made up and entered into the sites league. It’s easy to not even look at the stickied thread but I hope nobody forgets!

Delighted though to see PL football return. The City match felt just like a PL match to me and judging by the passionate outbursts by Pep and Klopp, it was to them also. It was definitely a bit of a grudge match, opening up the PL in a way that most community shield matches just can not do.

Liverpool have got to start as they mean to go on though, against Norwich. If we hit the ground running, I can see a big win but TBH, I’d just be relieved to see us get the 3 points in any shape or form.

I can see a big win for Arsenal also. The Chelsea Utd game comes a little soon to call for me, so I won’t touch it.

Probably a big win for Spurs but Villa seem like the most likely of the 3 additions, to do well this season and avoid going right back down. It’ll be interesting for sure.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Fancy us to win.

Think utd will beat Chelsea. Looking forward to seeing that game

Great to have the ball back

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Would truly love it if we get a score-line like the Huddersfield game.

6-0 at home, Top Of The Table – that would put a little bit of pressure on Pep haha
            😛 🙂

Hope SADIO is back!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Be a case of who scores most for this opening weekend.

I honestly can see Spurs annihilate Villa, Saturday Tea Time. And lunchtime, I can only see one-way traffic at the London stadium. Just how many will Sterling score – he is rampant at the moment.

Spurs or City Top Spot by the end of the weekend 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

With the risk of not getting 3 points being fairly significant, I don’t really want to think too much about what crazy scoreline I want to see. 3 points is all that matters really.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Really don’t want to see Origi on the wing. Play Shaqiri instead (or Ox). Or find a way of accommodating Origi up top.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

A dead boring score draw @ OT,with both teams absolutely rubbish and in a complete mess.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

I think Origi will start and Mane may come on to replace him in the second half.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Agreed. Origi is not good on the wing at all. I’d prefer to see Firmino out there than Origi and I’m not a fan of that idea either.

Ya, good chance Klopp does go with Origi there but what i would do is put Shaqiri or Ox on the right, play Salah left and Firmino through the middle.

There is also the possibility of Wijnaldum playing there if needed. As i said though, my preference is above.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Also, given the way we lined up against City, maybe Klopp thinks it’s too early to be utilizing Brewster? .. Or will we see him coming off the bench, do you think?

Of course there is another huge question and that is the CB partnership. Honestly, it’s just so hard for me to pick the pairing. I think Klopp will go with Matip + Van Dijk but I would still go with Gomez (even though Matip has been absolutely brilliant).

I won’t be unhappy to see Matip there but last season, when we had Gomez and Van Dijk, we had the best defence in Europe.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

So, as one window shuts, another door opens… it’s on!!!

Loss for Norwich, win for City, win for Spuds, and a very intriguing match between the best of the rest on Sunday between our four-legged friends, the Foxes and the Wolves… and a win for the Goonies, and the has-beens’ play-off between UnYooUtd and Chelski to round off the opening weekend…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Chuckster but is it better to have been a has been than a never been old bean.?

Really tough start for Frank happilly take a draw right now but I think you’re right a comfortable win for Spurs although maybe a tricky game to start for City think they’ll come through it just. B****y predictive text!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

At least you agreed with the “has-beans”, even older bean! 🙂

Is the “History Channel” included in your SKY package?? 🙂 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

2017 PL Champions, 2018 FA Cup Winners, 2019 Europa League Winners. Over the last three seasons what have Spurs won Chuckster. Get that old black and white juddery home movie out stick on the cine projector and remind yourself what it was like to win a League title all the way back to 1961 🙂

Beanz meanz Heinz.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

I expect one boring score draw @ OT on Sunday,the rent boys have lost the only player who could actually play football,and United,well……………are United.With Kante injured it seems,the rest of 22 players that come out on Sunday,well one would struggle to pick one half-decent player there,with only Pulisic & AWB still to show what they can do.As Napoli s pres said,I wouldnt have paid more than £30m for Maguire,myself.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Rent boys? Seriously Mav? You’re better than that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Chelsea are the rent boys from the south,City from the norff,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

9-Actually mate,jokes aside,they are all fecking rent boys,overpaid,overrated mercenaries and Instagram bitches! Whether we like it or not!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Mav, the definition of A rent boy is a boy or young man who has sex with men for money.

If you think it’s Ok to refer to other Clubs on here in such a way that’s up to you personally I don’t.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 217 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.