Home Community General Football Game Week 5 – Midweek Mayhem #1

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

The first set of mid-week fitures, with all the bigdogs having one eye of the Euro comps which kick-off the week after… expect to see a lot of rotations from the European contenders as the fixtures pile up.

We’re away to an out-of-sorts Wet Spam, but they always have an extra buzz in their step when they play their Cup Final…

LiVARberoOol vs Bone Saw Boyz could be another interesting one…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

All games on BT Sport.

We need to prove one swallow doesn’t make a summer and grind out another 3 points. Some positive news going into Saturday, we should have a few players back with us.

City will dismantle Forest. 10-0 easily.

Clearly now both Rodgers and Gerrard are under the Spotlight. Harsh maybe, but that’s the industry we live in.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

We need to give our young Managers more credit and support them when times are tough. They are relatively new to the job although I suppose Rodgers has experience now. The media do not help with there inflamotary headlines and pre judge to easily. They forget, players are responsible also

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

The crammed fixtures list will now start to take its toll. This will be a crazy season and will upset all the odds. I cannot see any good from the World Cup, I will be wanting it over before it begins and for us to get back to our domestic programme…better than WC in my opinion

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

City will dismantle Forest. 10-0 easily.

A new record, easily, Nil?!

Yeah Gerrard really looks to be clinging on now. Another defeat this week no doubt for him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

“They forget, players are responsible also”

This seems to be the age old debate when the blame game starts with regards who is responsible: players or manager? We no longer live in an age when most players are born within 10 miles of the stadium. Players are now employees and are paid vast sums and I think that will inevitably make them too comfortable, and/or too powerful some may say. So it now falls on the manager to not only coach the team, but motivate them as well. A good manager, like a good leader, has to be an excellent persuader and communicator and most importantly has to preach with authority, and if the players see what the coach preaches actually works, it then gives the players confidence in the manager. But the job never stops in terms of keeping the players feet on the ground and maintaining the motivation. It’s a very difficult job and even the best managers still have their flaws.

But with Gerrard there seem very little signs of progress from where they are now to when he took over. I’m not sure he has the right demeanour.

Whilst I still have some criticisms of Arteta, he did win an FA cup early on, so there was clearly something there. And he does look like someone who is having to feel their way into management having previously not having the experience. And steady progress has been made. And I admire greatly what Arsenal are doing supporting the manager with young players and giving him time.

With Eddie Howe at Bournemouth he clearly had something because he overachieved with them with their budget. Rodgers clearly had something when he begun his Liverpool career, ditto Klopp, ditto Pep, etc, etc.

So it doesn’t take that long to see if a manager has it, or doesn’t. You can see steady progress being made with the players constantly reacting to the manager – both short term and long term.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Nil…you disappoint me…only 10!!!! Forrest have a busy style which City always find difficult to play against, yes I am expecting a win…maybe 3-1 but then again you know how useless I am at predictions so we loose 1-0

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Mikus, agree with what you say but there has to be a learning curve, I would put that down 3-5 years at one club. 3 maybe for someone with experience. e.g. Rodgers 5 for inexperienced like Arteta, Lampard and Gerrard….the latter I discount his experience up north. However, , it has to start right with the owners and manager committed, not all will be winners that is for sure but it appears to me that the clubs that struggle do not have a focused plan, just buying players is not an answer

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Brian, Manager are judged on results if the results are poor they won’t last long certainly not 5 years.

I think Gerrard will be given more time but the Villa fans are restless which puts pressure on the owners to find a solution.

Gerrard needs some results going in his favour.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

Brian, hence I think Gerrard picked the wrong club if he’s to make it as manager. A good championship club would have been a better bet as he’d be less in the spotlight and be freer to make more mistakes without as much pressure being on. Villa are still a big club with ambitious owners who have some good players and have spent a bit. And it’s one of the most competitive leagues out there. Both of Graham Potter’s and Eddie Howe’s second jobs were in the championship. I just fear Gerrard went too big too quickly and got into a false sense of security that he had gained enough experience.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

Nine…all I am saying is that how I would like to see it…results or not as long as some progress was being made and that is hard to define in the modern jungle

Did you watch the U21s last week?? Some good youngster coming through

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Mikus, I think you are right about Gerrard but at least he has had a go

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Brian, even Pep would struggle if the results were poor and he’s said that himself. I only saw a little bit of the U 21 game and I thought City looked the better team.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Nine..what Pep actually said was he would leave if the players did not believe in him, results did not come into it because in his mind, he sees a game, makes a plan, picks a team and they should follow the plan. Of course he gets it wrong sometimes but the players are there to carry out his plan, no room for those who do not. He will eventually leave City and we have a task of replacing him then but in my mind this will already be known and steps taken for his successor. At the moment , according to Pep he is happy and sees no reason to move unless the club wants a change, If City go on a loosing run there will be a reason for it and that could be decision time. However, looking at the current squad and the U 21/18s coming though, future looks bright…We may get 3rd spot this year and get to the Semi in CL, Hopefully win the FA Cup because I love it. All good fun

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Gerrard like Lampard took on to big of a job far to early in his managerial career

He doesn’t know his best 11 and changes formation far to much. He be sacked very soon. Cant see him turning it around. They have some smashing players but are dreadful

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Reece James missing tonight v Southampton big loss as is Kante and Kovacic who is probably still not fit enough to start a game.

With 3 games a week from now until the World Cup missing players will become the norm.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

These block of games brought in in the format of kick off times remind me when we had the Covid Restart. It seems to so far that the scorelines coming out of it too are not the ones one would expect, it’s that much unpredictable.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Come On Leeds!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

Chelsea can’t buy a win 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Thought Southampton were excellent. Didnt give chelsea a minute

Saints were unlucky againeat utd aswell. Big win for them

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 133 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.