Home Community General Football Game Week 15 – Super Duper Sunday

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Right then, Euro action over with, all 4 Engerland teams into the next round, and I fancy us Spuds going to Milan for some reason in the knock-outs… and speaking of knock-outs, Sonny might be missing the World Cup after that WWE move performed on him (along with a few other players, stupid, stupid idea to play the WC in both Qatar and middle of the season!)

Anyway, back to the bread and butter of Premisership football and an average Saturday followed by a super duper Sunday!!!

No troubles for the Manc clubs, potential bananananana skin for the Bone Saw Boyz (Saints are always capable of pulling a shock), I suspect Goonies will squeak over the line against that lot, and who really wants to call the Spuds/LiVARberoOol game, considering how inconsistent both teams currently are (and our “attack” is a bit toothless with Sonny, Richy, and Ginger Ninja out!)

I’d take a draw now, if I’m honest!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

The biggest games are all on Sunday happily take a draw v Arsenal right now. Spurs v Liverpool is difficult to predict it might depend on which Liverpool team turns up. New Manager bounce at Villa Park? You never know but United are still favourites for the win.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        steveosnakeeye
        Participant

United play villa twice in a few days hopefully villa can win at least one 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Not expecting much on Sunday. Go a goal down early I suppose and chasing our tails

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

We’ve won 4, lost 4 and drawn 4. This is season is like a box of chocolates as Forrest Gump would say. You never know what you’re going to get.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

All the good games this weekend Steve and Villa-United is the one that sticks out to you? πŸ˜„

Guarantee you Villa turn into world beaters in their first matches under Emery.

Some great matches this weekend. Spurs Liverpool should be good although neither is playing well. Expect a reaction from both. Chelsea Arsenal is hard to call. Arsenal playing better football but failed their only big away test so far this season. If they can go to Chelsea and get a convincing win, I think they have to be taken seriously. I doubt they can do that to be honest, as average as Chelsea have looked recently.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Chelsea have one of the best squads in the league. Potter is trying to find his best team and formation. They have been poor but he needs to stop all the chopping and changing. They have brought in loads of players in the last few seasons but need a revamp? Don’t get that. They maybe have to much choice .

Chelsea and Liverpool are missing key players. James is a huge loss but I think potters tinkering is the problem at the minute.

Interesting game. Arsenal shiujd be coming there and winning if they want to really taken seriously

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Didn’t James miss a lot of last season also? If he’s so injury prone, why did they not go out and get decent cover for him? Or promote a youngster? The other thing I don’t get with Potter is his insistence on playing with wing backs when he clearly doesn’t have the players to do it. Agree Sean that Chelsea have one of the best squads in the league still and Potter clearly needs time. Fortunately for him, Tuchel’s setup isn’t a million miles from his so the transition isn’t a huge one for the players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Chucks, you can have 3 points my dearest friend just for getting the Gameweek right, haha which is indeed 15 πŸ™‚

I do not necessarily like playing you guys and I don’t at the moment feel too confident. Something has been lost in our camp like a Kryptonite effect.

No away win all campaign which is uncharacteristic and conceding so often, first. This could be brutally painful if we’re not too careful and would not look forward to the phone-in thereafter.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Ed, I think you’re right Chelsea should have got some coverage for Reece James. James had a bad hamstring injury last season and now the twisted knee.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Sean, the reason Chelsea need a revamp is because Silva is 38, there’s a need of coverage for James, Kante has hardly kicked a ball all season and is out of contract in the Summer as is Jorginho, Aubameyang was a short term buy and Chelsea need a younger goal scoring striker, Ziyech isn’t up to it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

…some of the above might be able to be solved internally.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            steveosnakeeye
                            Participant

Ed you know I get a warm glow when United lose 😁 can’t see it happening tho and annoyingly impressed with ten hag

Can’t see spuds beating pool especially with son missing they will only score via a corner or penalty

Feeling like we should be beating this Chelsea team which means a loss Is on the way! But if we can win …..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

πŸ˜„ We’ll see with Ten Hag Steve. Still so early. I think it will be very up and down this season as we transition to his desired style.

Yeah Son is a huge miss for Spurs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                steveosnakeeye
                                Participant

After the Second half subs I’m not doing sure I thought ole was back at the wheel 🀣

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Ye nine few old players but Chelsea spent 80m on two centre backs koulbaily is 31. Was it a smart move? So Chelsea need to spend another 50m on a replacement for silva or chabolah a replacement?

Conor Gallagher good enough to replace jorghino? Loftus cheek?

Are the players there as you say? It’s a brilliant squad at the minute with so many different options.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Sean, Chelsea lost Rudiger and Christiansen to free transfers which may not have happened but for the sanctions both had to be replaced.

Chelsea predominantly play with a back 3 once Fofana is fit with Koulibaly now fit that gives us Silva, Fofana, Chalobah and Koulibaly to choose 3 from, next Summer with Silva coming up to 39 that area will probanly need strengthening.

Connor Gallagher is a totally different player to Jorginho as is Loftus Cheek putting square pegs into round holes weakens you.

The ambition is to get back to challenging City for the title and the squad hasn’t been good enough to do that for a while.

I gave my take on where I think Chelsea will need to strengthen some of the areas might be able to be covered off by developing young players and returning loan players. Overall it’s just my opinion on what needs to be done based on what I see.

Chelsea have bought through Mount, Broja, Loftus Cheek, Gallagher, James and Chalobah from Academy players to the squad and there’s every chance of that continuing which will help over 20% of the squad from the Academy isn’t a bad ratio .

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Have we just 2 weeks left or something till the World Cup?

Can’t believe it. This is going to for the first time feel weird!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Right, put your Monster Munch on Sir Harry getting a yellow this weekend… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Couldn’t decide whether to leave Saliba or switch him with Robertson in my fantasy team. We are leaking goals so that has to be a no brainer lol!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 155 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.