Home Community General Football βš½οΈπŸ•ΉπŸŽ°Final Day Football Gameweek 38βš½οΈπŸ†

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Relegation:

Between Leeds and Burney

4th Place:

Between Arsenal and Tottenham

Premier League Title:

Between Man City and Liverpool

Realistically it’s essentially a given on the teams to come out on top to settle the outcomes. We’d need a shockwave and a miracle.

The flame is alive to at least to take the undecided into the final day. Naturally 2021/22 has not been kind to all, but for a one or two or three (maybe more), it’s been fruitful, enjoyable and a season to be proud of.

The curtains on this one draws in by 6pm Sunday. There will be Delight, there will be Despair. Above all, let’s make the best of what’s left and Enjoy!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

That’s it Nike, like I have always said…enjoy the game not the occasion. It has been a good season for both our clubs and I am already looking forward to next season, God willing!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

No despair here. An absolute miracle would need to happen and it won’t so all about cl for me

Would love to see Leeds stay up. Also top4 big huge for spurs as they have without doubt the worst squad out of the chasing pack. Big results againest city and Liverpool. Something for conte to build on

Congrats to all the city fans on here. League was fully deserved but very proud of how we fought to the end

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

Sean,
            What do you know that we all don’t? Have you been consulting Mistic Meg or the local gypsy.
            5.45 on the day before and already a nervous wreck.
            Next season will be really weird with the World Cup half way through.
            We have to sign a LB and defensive midfield.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

Sean, you do not know half the story about being a City fan!!!!!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

We would like to win next Saturday Gents, the Big One.

We’re proud we’ve stretched Man City right to the final day. The reality is that it’s not in our hands, so I see where Sean comes from and why he offers his hand of Congratulations.

I will say with open honesty that I’ve not been too impressed with the Refereeing decisions and that needs a big improvement.

However, when a team sets out to play the best attacking football and scores into the 90s on points almost consistently year after year, they are deserving of the Title.

It’ll be a ‘photo finish’ of such tomorrow and Blue Ribbons. Can’t see Villa getting anything and a 5-0 victory to the Blues. So yes, an Advance Congratulations from me and more to the points Gents, I have thoroughly enjoyed your company and competitiveness too. The Best Forum πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Reports emerging online on Walker and Stones in training etc. Not sure whether they are match ready.

There is far too much quality loaded in Jesus, Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, De-Bruyne, Bernardo, Grealish, Rodhri, and Gundogen to even think something could happen.

Their Supporters deserve this Coronation. For me holding off their nearest challengers who have been breathing down their necks since January is an achievement of it’s own.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Appreciate your comments Nike and Sean but the game is not over yet. Saw the fat lady walking down the street but she was walking the wrong way!!!!!! We have lost three games with those players you mention on the pitch and drawn too many for my liking, The Draws being the worst. We should win but a goalkeeper playing the game of his life, a red card, another injury etc that is why it is not over for me. I think Villa will give us a tough match but if we do not win, it is our fault nobody else and I will not be looking for excuses. I will be interested to see if he plays Grealish from the start, he is improving and I do not think he has had a bad game just not a price tag game but getting closer. The player for me to do it will be Gungdogan .For Villa we just have to close out Coutinho I would also like to see Fernandinho on the pitch for his last match, brilliant player for us over the years Ake and Laporte as CBs to day

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Thanks Brian, likewise.

I was thinking about players with the ability, strive and physical attributes. Man City are just going to keep going and going. I honestly believe Villa simply don’t have enough in their locker to cope for 90 plus minutes.

I don’t see many smart and classy defenders other than Van Dijk, Cancelo, La Porte and Robertson that have the ability to keep up with relentless pressure without committing a foul (or little often in a dangerous area of the pitch).

It’s interesting and has made me think whether there is a correlation in the present climate for teams to adopt the high-line tactic which can prevent players from getting themselves caught in situations of having to defend one-on-one.

Pace has intensified. Players are fitter and the slightest of contacts in the area are leading to fouls committed and a more challenging job for the Referees.

Tough battle for the Away team.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Can I say that whatever happens today I would rather have had the CL. The one missing trophy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Yeah, we’re very grateful in reaching the final Adlab. Taking nothing for granted what so ever. Players in race against time to be match ready and focused.

Madrid are a Fantastic European Side at this moment in time. We just need to finish today on a positive and be happy.

All the Best this afternoon; my heart has already conceded.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

It makes with think with all the technology we have etc, couldn’t there be specially for today, Split screens to be able to view at once from the other significant battles that will be contested; e.g. Relegation and 4th Place too?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            cityboy54
                            Participant

Ad-lib I will feel like you did today if we don’t do it….I will be gutted

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Adlab
                              Participant

Guys! I can’t cope with this. I still have that old City mentality….whatever can go wrong will go wrong. Just checked..heart rate already on the way up.
                                Too tense. Can’t imagine what Pep must really feel.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Is the hope that’s going to kill Liverpool fans, let’s be honest it’s not going to happen for them. City will thrash Villa 5-0.

City Premier League, Spurs 4th, Leeds down, Madrid the CL, United 6th and the Europa League, 5th and 7th remain the same, job done.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Strong line ups πŸ™‚ Stronger from the Reds; didn’t expect that considering next Sat.

City have enough in their locker for a 5-0 thrashing.

Let’s hope Newcastle can do Leeds a favour.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

@Adlab

Thrashing Newcastle and Wolves was exactly the pick-me-up City needed after the morale-sapping defeat to Real Madrid. City won’t be slipping today. Villa have lost their last 8 games to City and today will be their 9th. 5-0 thrashing

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Haha, just seen that memorable gag about the Lasagna that went off πŸ˜€ Lol The Pre-match meal πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Adlab
                                    Participant

Just seen who the referee is. Why!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Michael Oliver?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 136 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.