Home Community General Football Fed up

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

No crowds, no atmosphere, VAR and it’s baffling inconsistencies and contradictions, a ridiculous amount of injuries and 18 different centre back partnerships, football on TV EVERY day, and the fact that we have been shite for 2 months has really impacted on my enjoyment of football. I never thought I’d hear myself ask this, but am I falling out of love with football?

The main reasons are undoubtedly not being able to go to games and VAR. No-one can persuade me that it has benefitted the game ( and has actually made the game far worse, in my opinion), and without the vicarious and varied pleasures of going to games, I’m not sure I can see what pleasures the game gives me at the moment

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Bet you didn’t feel that way last season Hightown.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Chin up mate. Uk seems to be flying among with vaccines so hopefully crowds be back sometime in the near future

From a Liverpool point of view, season is a write off. Nothing is going our way which can happen. Not enjoying our season at all but I’m enjoying all the football on the tv.

Var is destroying the game. Really is.

Few crazy decisions recently in some games that drawing of the lines for offside is complete Bollix. Contradicting each rule by the game

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

In regards to VAR, although it didn’t benefit Liverpool yesterday, it was refreshing to see a ref asked to review something on the monitor and then stick with his original decision…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

First time I’ve seen that happen pagan. Usually it’s over ruled. He Barely looked at it to be honest. Still wasn’t expecting him to over turn it with the way our luck is going. We deserved to lose in anyway so it doesn’t really matter chum

To be honest, I’m not sure if klopp constant moaning at officials is costing us some real 50/50 decisions. He’s always screaming at refs. There’s no conspiracy againest us. Just thinking his manner on the line doesn’t really help us

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Feel your pain H. Actually refreshing to see. The Lockdown I can deal with. Work occupies me though the public I have to deal with take their frustrations out on me!

We need a break from this; never have we had a proper pre-season. Never have I seen the length of injuries from our players; something fundamentally wrong in the camp.

We need Fans, simple as; unusual results. How can we have 4 defeats in succession? Never seen this from any previous Liverpool team, even under Souness!

Our next Football Match is a week Today. A long wait, maybe not a bad thing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Luckydestiny
                Participant

Lol nil, so global pandemic and year long lock down ok, but pool losing a few home games and it’s more than any one man should have to take? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Luckydestiny
                  Participant

BTW bith Hightown and nil, joking aside been a real tough year, chin up lads we almost through it and fingers crossed we will have a wicked summer this year

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

To be fair, I had a really good summer last year, spent most Saturdays and Sundays watching grass roots cricket.

Hopefully though we can get back to the old normal, loads of kids out there are missing out on their indestructible years…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Haha, Lucky I see the funny side mate. We have to have a laugh – just as I do at work πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

Hightown…well you are amongst a Loy of us with similar feelings, if that is any consolation.. I take the view the same as I take on any problem though, meet it half way and figure the best way of getting through. I miss going to the match but have found solace in listening to good commentary on the radio, rarely watch TV football. For all the talk about lack of atmosphere, I think most clubs accepted it and just got on with it. I know it will be better when the fans are back but i think the games I have listed to or watched have not been bad either without the fans!!!!
                          I miss having a holiday with my wife, that I do miss. I miss watching the local cricket team but hopefullywe can see better days ahead now. Unlike Emily meritless on Newsnight I think Boris has done a good job. Lets face it, if any one of us had that responsibility for the Governing the country how many of us would get it right ? PS..I do not trust any politician anyway

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

PPS…Just read my post back and had a laugh, Emily Meritless should be Emily maitless….or was it right first time!!!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Good Taste Brian πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Jordan Brown just winning the Welsh Open Snooker and deservedly too at the expense of my favourite player Ronnie. Hurts in stomach to experience defeat; any manner really.

Looks like 2021 not really hopeful so far. Not a great deal in feeling to look forward to at the moment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

I also feel like giving up too much corruption in EPL especially with united.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Hightown hope

‘Bet you didn’t feel that way last season Hightown.😊’

Do you know what, 9, while Liverpool’s pathetic defence of the title certainly hasn’t helped my current mood, it is far more the lack of crowds and not being able to go to a game that is affecting me, and the pathetic inconsistencies of VAR that piss me off. Having been a regular at Anfield for 50 years, I’ve decided TV football just ain’t the same. You can’t immerse yourself in the experience, the noise, the colour, yes, the atmosphere, and not just at the ground. In the pub beforehand, walking up to the ground, chatting to the guys in the seats behind us who we’ve sat in front of for 30 years now and still don’t know their names, but don’t need to, they are there, they are a constant, and we feel like friends though I’ve never seen them outside Anfield. Going to the game was a journey, both metaphorically and physically, and now I switch the TV on 5 minutes before ko, and it’s off as the ref blows the full time whistle whether my team has won or lost. It would be easier if my team were winning, but it’s disingenuous to say I didn’t feel this way last season, because until the restart I was at the game, and prior to that I was still an outspoken opponent of VAR. I hated the restart as I had to watch my team win the league on TV – it was shit!

And of course STILL being on furlough and doubts as to whether my job and company will survive the lockdown do not help my mood. Sorry for the rant…my pals in the pub at Anfield would normally be copping it but I’ve barely seen them in a year. Roll on the cricket on Wednesday…as yet, unspoiled by the lawmakers of the game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Blaze
                                    Blocked

The man of the match always comes from the winning team so yes the ref in the United – Newcastle game thoroughly deserved it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Agree Blaze. I thought he had a good game the ref. Some very inconsistent refereeing displays this season considering they have VAR to help them but he was good and fair last night

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

HH that’s the real issue for most
                                          It’s the social aspect before during and after matches and not just about the match or footy but you get to vent and share woes and get drunk together
                                          It’s those things that help us cope the tough times
                                          Watching your team perform badly just gives no relief and adds to those feelings
                                          It’s so rough for so many
                                          Seems we have way forwards and dates now so hopefully your business can hold on and you get back soon mate

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

Yeah sorry to hear things aren’t safe on the job front HH. Really hope things start to turn around for you soon

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.