Home Community General Football FA Cup 4th Round Weekend.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Time to put the PL aside for the FA Cup personally I still love the historic old trophy and what a way to kick the 4th Round off with Arsenal v United on Friday night.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

I prefer it to the CL because it brings all the teams in all the leagues together and the smaller clubs can beat the bigger ones,that is the magic. I am sure a few surprises will emerge from this week end. Football, for me, is not always about watching the big players.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Not bad, not bad at all…

ALways got a soft spot for the Cup, earliest memories was the 81 and 82 finals… I was a glory hunter, lol, guess that came back to bit me in the Arsenal!!!

A tricky game against Palace, normally I’d fancy our chances, but it’s looking a bit thin at the moment… reckon Palace fancy theirs for sure!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I’ve always thought, a great ‘leveller’ for the Cup would be to automatically give home-ties to the lowest ranked team in each pairing… chuck in the ‘rotation’ policy the big-dogs have, and I reckon that will get the whole thing a bit more interest!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

Not a bad ida Chuky but I also think some would want to play at the bigger stadium for the revenue and playing experience, but then, I would give them a bigger seat allocation

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Double B… it’s a real catch 22, if I was a player, would I want to go to Old Trafford (for example) and most likely get a bottom spanking experience, or would I want those pampered overpaid primadonnas down to Hackney Marshes (for example!) and see if they like it up ’em!

I can see the benefits of both!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Pagan
                Participant

I’d like to see all the clubs in from round 1, the “league cup” may have to suffer to accommodate that, but it would spread a bit if revenue round and there’d be more giant killings, which when all said and done is what the early rounds of the cop are about….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Pagan, never going to happen mate too many games already.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

9, the league cup lets the prem teams put their U21 or U23s in, that then gives the first team a maximum of 1 extra game if they don’t go out in round 1 of the FA Cup….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Pagan, the League Cup rules are the same as the PL rules for participating players there are no moves afoot to bring PL Club’s into the 1st round and neither imo is there any appetite to do so from the PL Club’s as it would just add to fixture congestion.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

9, it’s called change, if there were already plans afoot, it wouldn’t be a suggestion. Not sure how it really adds to fixture congestion, what it does do is give the youngsters a chance. It won’t happen as the big clubs are greedy, don’t want to be embarrassed and don’t really want put their prima donnas through getting changed somwhere that doesn’t have Louis Vuitton fixtures and fittings.
                          As for the rules of player participation, if they’re registered they can play, and I believe you can register as many homegrown U21s as you like, correct me if I’m wrong.
                          Or if the prem teams want they could opt out, that president has already been set….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Pagan, you couldn’t play a complete under21 team in the PL and the League Cup rules according to their rule book mirror PL rules.

But as you rightly say it won’t happen so it’s a mute point.

United not participating was a mistake imo it happened once I can’t see it ever happening again. The FA Cup should be respected it’s not a competition for Club’s to opt out of or play U21 teams in but that’s just me and I remember when winning the FA Cup had great qudos.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Would love to win The FA Cup but it’s really lost it’s magic.

It’s like an international weekend for me now

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Sean, “I would love to win the FA Cup ” and “it’s really lost it’s magic ” seem a wee bit contradictory but you’re right the FA Cup isn’t quite as big as it was due to the CL and the need to be playing in the CL to attract the top players. It will always be a special trophy to me though.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

True enough, a CL spot for the FA Cup would really liven it up too…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Quite surprised by the responses so far in being excited about the FA Cup.

Priorities have changed over the years – loved it when it was held at the Millennium Stadium as it worked a treat for us and served us well.

Never like New Wembley and detest the idea of Semi-Finals being played there when there are plenty other top quality grounds that facilitate the event.

Other than the matches and ties themselves, there’s not really a lot to feel enticed about. Due to squad levels and depth of quality, one would suspect with my club that in recent years, not a great deal effort or desire has been shown to want to progress – real shame that.

Need somebody new in FA Headquarters that will listen to fans in what they want and not just think about money first – somebody really open minded.

Friday should be buzzing, here’s hoping.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Pagan
                                    Participant

9, not sure you’re correct on restricting players by age, would be interested to see where you think that’s written down. By my understanding you if you’re registered to play in a competition you’re eligible to play. The only thing they could say in a league is the result could affect others but in a knockout it’s not the same…..Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Cup Final day has to be a stand alone day all of its own and the FA Cup should always ko at 3pm Semi Finals would be better off at neural grounds but I understand with Wembley to pay for why the Semi Finals have to be played there other than that there’s not to much wrong with the grand old trophy.

Oh and Wembley is the home of the FA Cup old or new I’ve been to Chelsea Finals at both Wembley and the Millennium and whilst the Millennium is a wonderful Stadium it’s in Wales and it’s not Wembley.

Massive day great if you win b****y awful if you lose. And Semi Finals at Villa Park felt just the same as did Semi Finals at Wembley but personally I preferred Villa Park.

Wonderful to be the current FA Cup holders love to do it again but I’ve a sneaky feeling for United or Spurs if they can get through their injury crisis and past a sticky tie at Palace.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Never had the privilege of going to Wembley, but always think the FA took a wrong turn and should have left the Old Wembley as it is. I sincerely detest certain Landmarks and heritage being changed – why?

Money and Greed once again which is foolish as it only for the benefit to line their own pockets – nothing else.

It’s like changing Big-Ben. Leave things as they are in my opinion.

Anyway, feel gutted my club don’t or haven’t progressed for years and seeing other Prem Teams win it gets me down. Also, it’s those same Prem teams and their fans that previously look down their noses.

Maybe it’s down to the big squad and priorities thing, but have respect for those clubs and their Managers who have exerted an interest wholeheartedly.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Mikus LFC
                                          Participant

The prize money for the FA Cup is still tiny, even though it has doubled this season. ÂŁ7 million accrued total for the winner. What does that even do for a top club today??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 224 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.