Home Community General Football Euro Footy: Week 1

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

So, will Engerland be knocked out by October 31st?? I doubt, not with Boris the Doris in charge!!

Anyway, the Big Ears and Little Ears comps start this week. Can’t remember who’s go who except for my boys who have a little mini-break in Greece. If we play like we did in the first half against Palace I can’t see too many problems, not as though they broke a sweat in the 2nd half. Quite frankly, no excuses for my boys. Be nice to get some points on the board nice and early for a change in the Big Ears…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chelsea.man
      Participant

I hope Frank rests Jorginho in our matchday one. because he has played 8 matches consecutively without any rest. and with the Liverpool match in the horizon, we would want him. playing Kovacic and Barkley or even mount would make sense. i would continue playing with the back 3 against Liverpool and Valencia. i would play Abraham in the first hour and then introduce Batshuayi. Pulsic and Willian to start. 3-4-2-1, Kepa, Alonso,Timori, Christensen, Zouma,Azpi,Kovacic,Barkley,Pulsuc,Willian,Abraham.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Wow, it’s kinda surprising to think that the Napoli match is actually tomorrow. Maybe it’s too early to think of resting players but the Chelsea game is the priority for me. I imagine that might be the case for Klopp also, so I’ll hope to see Gomez, Lallana, Shaqiri, Milner and hopefully even Brewster starting.

I really doubt Brewster will start, so for him I’ll just hope he features as a sub with enough time to make an impact and get a feel for first team football. Klopp wanted to keep Firmino fresh the last day but wasn’t really given that chance here, so with the Chelsea game in mind, I can see him being taken off with 20-30 mins left.

With regards to Gomez, I’d want him to play at CB, please not in for Trent.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Klopp will play a full strength team tomorrow mak.

I just hope we go there and donโ€™t sit back and play for a draw like last season. We were dreadful there last year

Always relaxed about the cl group stage as you can always recover after a loss

I agree main concern is Chelsea Sunday. A very very tough game

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

You might well be right Sean, Klopp isn’t keen on rotation but we’ve got quality players who need minutes.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

This years favs for the title:

1-Liverpool
                2-City
                3-Spurs

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                threeps
                Participant

Robbo a doubt for tonight so I’d play this:

Adrian
                  TAA – Matip – VvD – Gomez
                  Hendo – Fab – Milner
                  Salah – Bobby – Mane

Solid if slightly unspectacular line up. Robbo, if he doesn’t make it, will be missed.

With Origi out I’m pretty sure Brewster will be on the bench tonight. Can see it being another tight game between the two teams.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by threeps.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Thank god we’re not playing Thursday night football… I mean there’s nothing wrong with it Stevo. I know you goobers plan your date nights around the Europa so you can rant at Arsenal fan TV!

Given we have a pub league defence at the minute Im not expecting any great shakes from Chelsea. Will be happy to avoid entrance into the Europa so hoping we qualify out of the group. That’s my expectation.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Pleased to be back in the CL hopefully we can get out of the Group and then draw Real Madrid we’ve never played them in the CL.

The CL Group games will be another great experience for the youhg players and bring their development on still further.

I share 442’s concerns about the defence currently but once we get everyone back and fully fit I think that’s probanly solvable, indeed if we were to get out of the Group we might even get the January transfer window to operate in albeit it’s difficult to get the players you really want in that window.

Medium to long term I’m fairly positive about Chelsea going forwards we have a number of important players to come back, and further interesting youngsters coming through to look to promote to the first team squad.

I liked the way Frank was prepared to change things around tactically on Saturday to match Wolves who are no slouches at home and Frank is seemingly sitting on a very sizeable transfer budget once the ban is lifted.

Liverpool have shown how with the right Manager with a good squad buying three big strategic players can propel you from also rans to PL title contenders very quickly let’s hope we can sign those right strategic players and repeat the same trick.โ˜บ๏ธ

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

same for us 999 we are a joke at the moment because the club cant see what the rest of the world can see with our defense, better i hope once we have tierny and Rb back but 2-3 BIG defensive signings would propel us to major contenders

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Stevo, yep you look very good offensively two or three very good strategic signings for both Spurs and Arsenal would make the PL even more interesting.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

“I actually look at this Chelsea team, with Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek to come back, Mount, Abraham, thereโ€™s players in there โ€“ three academy players on Saturday โ€“ Iโ€™ve been crying out for seven or eight years to see Chelsea bring young players through into the first team. โ€˜What we canโ€™t do now โ€“ after weโ€™ve been crying out in that way โ€“ is then all of sudden when they donโ€™t quite deliver Champions League success or deliver Premier League titles, is start whinging about it. โ€˜I actually like whatโ€™s happening at Chelsea. I think that itโ€™s the right move. Theyโ€™ve had a great youth system for the last 10 years, itโ€™s about time it was started to be blooded. โ€˜And that means the fans will start to like the team more, but theyโ€™re maybe going to have to accept that theyโ€™re potentially not going to be winning Premier League titles.โ€™ ” Garry Neville.

Wise words from Nev imo.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Latest SkyBet Champions League Odds 17/09

Manchester City
                              10/3
                              Barcelona
                              5/1
                              Liverpool
                              13/2
                              Real Madrid
                              9/1
                              Juventus
                              10/1
                              PSG
                              10/1
                              Bayern Munich
                              12/1
                              Atletico Madrid
                              20/1
                              Tottenham
                              22/1
                              Borussia Dortmund
                              33/1
                              Chelsea
                              33/1
                              Napoli
                              33/1
                              Inter Milan
                              50/1
                              RB Leipzig
                              66/1
                              Lyon
                              80/1
                              Ajax
                              100/1
                              Atalanta
                              100/1
                              Benfica
                              100/1
                              Valencia
                              100/1
                              Shakhtar Donetsk
                              250/1
                              Zenit St Petersburg
                              250/1
                              Galatasaray
                              500/1
                              Lille
                              500/1
                              RB Salzburg
                              500/1
                              Bayer Leverkusen
                              750/1
                              Club Brugge
                              1000/1
                              Dinamo Zagreb
                              1000/1
                              Genk
                              1000/1
                              Lokomotiv Moscow
                              1000/1
                              Red Star Belgrade
                              1000/1
                              Slavia Prague
                              1000/1
                              Olympiakos
                              2000/1

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Nine, if the bookies want to say the last 2 years finalists are 3rd favourite behind teams who haven’t done so (made a single final in those 2 years)… fair enough.

I’m not saying we will make the final … that would be a stupid thing to say. I am however suggesting that maybe we have a better chance than either City or Barca of making it.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Somebody else is smoking Sweedy Eddy’s batch… ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

This game is looking like it might turn into a good match, so far. Napoli are a very capable side to start away to. I’m surprised Klopp hasnt at least started Gomez but this shows just how serious he’s taking these 3 points. I guess you wanna qualify and then rest at the end.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Napoli have been resilient, but we’ve had the possession and huffed and puffed, but not quite found our shooting boots.

First Class saves from Adrian and we can’t really fault our defending too and how we have so far dealt with their own intensity and tempo.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

It’s understandable why Klopp went for a strong line up tonight. I can’t see too many changes unless the score-line changes in our favour.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Mikus LFC
                                        Participant

Been better at the back than up top so far. This is where we just miss goals from midfield when the top 3 arenโ€™t quite at it.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

UEFA’s interpretation of handball in the penalty area baffles me.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 104 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.