Home Community General Football England V Germany – Friday 8pm – VAR to be introduced at Wembley!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

After years of banging these drums, Video Technology will be available over tonight’s friendly between England and Germany.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41912072

This will be critically vital on wrong calls/decisions made by the Referee or key incidents significantly impacting the game escaping the attention of the Ref, e.g. Maradona’s ‘hand of god’!

Ideally, we can hope for a fair game and no VAR needed, but finally we have a breakthrough for something in place.

Meanwhile, tonight’s line up against the German’s confirmed.
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOSsJA_WsAE3cKS.png:large

Personally, I can’t say I’m over-excited for this friendly, but ultimately, it’s England, and one would expect pride and passion however significant or insignificant this contest is.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

Not bad so far for a very depleted England side. Loftus-Cheek showing plenty of promise. I don’t really get Tammy Abraham. To me, he just looks like a clumsier version of Welbeck. He’ll probably go and score now but in the few games I’ve seen him, he just hasn’t impressed me much

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

The kids have looked a lot more passionate and up for it than the senior team. I’d almost be tempted to just take most of these kids to the world cup and let the senior members have to prove their passion. I do wonder whether a lot of the senior team believe too much of their own hype and hence feel too comfortable – we’ve got to stop putting some players on pedestals and making them feel untouchable – if they have some poor games throw them out and replace them with more passionate kids to teach them a lesson and some humility. With Rooney retiring it marked the welcome end to the ‘golden generation’ – we’ve got to ensure we don’t make the same mistake with our new generation of talented kids.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

From my own point of view, what a sad state of affairs and just sheer boredom. Why would and why should any England fan/supporter (whatever they want to label) put themselves through this?

Sheer trash be a friendly or not and not losing the game.

Nothing really to feel excited about, sadly. This is ‘THE’ depression, to make one feel depressed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Impressive debut from RLC he might well have booked himself a place on the plane to Russia on the back of that performance.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Sounds like i didn’t miss much.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Nah, you didn’t Jim. But then again, I may have watched something different to others. What a pain. Hardly any experienced players as such and nothing really from my point of view to feel excited about.

All this at an expense of an entire weekend of domestic football. They should just play the one on a Wednesday night.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Jim, tbh I think it was an interesting game and Pickford and Loftus Cheek stood out and I suspect that Southgate probably learnt more from playing that team with some up and coming youngsters than playing Germany with all the usual suspects.

Personally I find it refreshing that Southgate is prepared to give some of young players an opportunity and that’s the benefit of him having spent 3 years as the U 21 Manager.

There’s a lot of talent in the young England teams and there’s one or two more who are worth having a look at too.

From a Man City perspective I thought Stones was excellent and that Sane looked the most dangerous forward on the pitch and only the underside of the bar stopped him scoring.

But don’t take my word for it here’s what the Independent said: ?
                    “Wembley witnessed England’s most entertaining performance in months as Southgate handed five players their senior bow against world champions Germany”

I’m quite looking forward to the Brazil game now. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    paul powers tash
                    Participant

You beat me to it 999.Excellent game.We were playing the world
                      champions ffs.I agree with nine’s assesment of the players above.

I’d go further and stay.Trippier looks decent going forward.Jake
                      Livermore looked okay as well.Big Negative for me was Vardy.
                      he just didn’t get in the game all night.He should of tried
                      more to get himself in one on ones against Hummels imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

ppt, yeah I wrongly missed Trippier off the positive list like you I thought he looked very good last night. Plenty of positives to be taken into the next game v Brazil.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Ok fair enough fellas. Just read a match report and it sounds like we did ok.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Thought it was a decent game to watch for a friendly. Stones gave good performance, Sane was excellent and Gungdogan paced himself throughout with short passes. England will need a better midfield and better strikers for games that matter. There was a little too much desperation play to England which may have been understable since too many rookies at this level, lots of endevour but little creativity or skill, good experience though for the starters

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.