Home Community General Football England V Brazil – Tuesday 8pm / Italy fail to qualify for the World Cup

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Thought I’d merge two different subjects in one.

First of all, should be a different game tonight for England against Brazil; a lot more of an open contest. More new young guns likely to be unleashed tonight ala Dominic Solanke, Lewis Cook and Angus Gunn.

I can see goals in this.

Meanwhile, a little perspective knowing we will be there in 2018. One team however wont and it’s hard to believe but no Italy next year and for the first time since 1958.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Nike19.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Nothing to loose, give the youngsters a chance, score irrelevant, experience from game is what matters. I feel confident enough with them they will not be overwhelmed, they just need a “general” and we do not have one at the moment The midfield we have are workhorses rather than creative players, they do it well but will need more for when the World Cup really starts

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Looking forward to this one I hope Southgate keeps faith with some of the youngsters.

As Southgate went out of his way to say how could he select Wilshere for England when he wasn’t playing regularly for Arsenal seemingly gives him a problem if he gives Solanke a chance tonight as he’s only started one League Cup game for Liverpool so far?

You can’t have one rule for one and then not apply it across all as it smacks of double standards having said that I would like to see Solanke given a run out tonight.

Shame about Italy I would have liked to see them qualify.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Nine….is Solanko good enough for atry, obviously Southgate thinks so. I think Wilshere is a talent, however, Southgate is trying to build a squad and a team method for Russia, wishere has real question marks about his fitness and only a long run of games will put that right but even Wenger is not selecting him as a starter….mind you,,,Wenger gets a lot wrong so that is no pointer either

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

I can’t imagine for one minute that Solanke is anywhere near ready for the England team. I have seen almost all of his appearances for Liverpool this season, and bar that one start as 9 says, they have all been limited to 10 minutes or so at the end of games. And during those 10 minute spells, he has looked eager, enthusiastic, makes decent runs, and always looks for the ball But Abraham struggled the other night, and he has a fair bit more first team experience than Solanke, for both Bristol City and Swansea. I don’t see the point of putting Solanke on the pitch tonight to be honest.

It’s funny how things have changed. It used to be that players used club football to get regular international football, now it seems that Abraham, Gomez, Solanke etc can use international football to help them get regular club football!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

England B a goal up in the WCQ playoffs!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Brian, from what I saw of Solanke at Chelsea at Youth team level he has real potential.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Even at just the early stages on observation, really pleased I must say in Brazil following suit in the way they play. It’s energetic, positive, workmanlike, but always looking to get the ball forward and make headway, quickly and effectively.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Nike19.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Top top draw: almost rounded the keeper – reminds me in trademark of a famous and certain Careca and Romario.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Jesus or Neymar could soon be on the end of something. Cooking on gas so far and they have established their way in control.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Hightown hope

How good is Neymar? That ball with the outside of his foot…sublime!

Defensively we look pretty solid but been a little disappointed with Rashford so far. Maybe a bit unfair but he needs to make the ball stick, and dare I say it, work a little harder

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Lol, I like Hightown; school playground natural ability 😀 This is why Brazil are just sheer great joy to watch 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

It just makes me think to sum up the first half, unless we have a 1984 up and coming John Barnes or a 1990 Paul Gascoigne, we can seriously forget about even qualifying and making the 2nd phase. Obviously and naturally, the big guns are to come and I’m saying all this blindly and loosely, but I’m just tired of so much structure and thought being put in to the point we have ROBOTS in our national team.

Take a leaf out of Brazil. That’s the real tuition. YNWA

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Half-time, and well, at best, England have kept Brazil at bay, and at best, I have thoroughly enjoying the Brazilians, Neymar and co. Fourty-Five-Minutes: almost Instantaneous. What comfort and breeze 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Shame RLC went off he looked like he might just create something from midfield.

A pleasure to watch Neymar though what a player he is.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Hightown hope

Half an eye on the Ireland match also and they look really poor. Pub team, sorry Sean if you’re reading this! Plenty of effort and huff and puff but just no quality at all, I’m afraid

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I was very fortunate to see Brazil play live in England many years back; at the point of the original R9. He was I think at the time 17/18. Romario (Given Brazil were World Champions) and Edmundo were the highlights. Notably, they always collectively have embedded, close control, ability to find space, the dribble, and the pass.

“Put me through mate”

Guaranteed: I’m on to a winner.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Things have gone from bad to worse for Ireland 1-3 now shame as their fans add a bit colour to any World Cup.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        gjblues
                                        Participant

Referee is bobbins – too fussy and not allowing the game to flow.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Rashford really in essence is the only real player out there with poise to pose threat.

Southgate just wants this ‘over and done’ with. Kinda sad state of affairs in more focus to derail a genuine quality outfit.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 45 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.