Home Community General Football End of Season Predictions…. (just for a larff!!)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Tin-hat time… getting towards crunch time, how do we think the season will play out?

1) Man City… starting to rock and roll, and the moment they go above the Goonies, and they will, nobody will catch them. They’ve been there, done that, and got several t-shirts…

2) Goonies… even I have to admit, they’ve been doing rather well this season, but they seem to be getting a lot of calls and key decisions going their way. I think they’ll lose the next game against City and their inexperience will go against them, despite their youthful energy.

3) Spurs!! Yes, I said Spurs!!! Very capable of shooting ourselves in the foot (afterall, we put the Spurs in Spursy!) but our pre-Christmas wobble is over and starting to show some consistancy again. Time to go on a decent run (we always have one every year!) and secure 3rd!

4) Pool… showing form at the right end of the season, and their spanking of YooUtd is going to give them that little bit of belief that will go a long way… but I think they’re aging team is still going to stumble once or twice…

5) YooUtd… unfortuantely their “purple patch” for the season is coming to a close and they’ll be Jekyll and Hyde for the rest of the season…

6) Bone Saw Boyz… don’t have either the experince or squad depth for Top4 this year, and drawing half their games just won’t be enough.

7) Jammy Dodgers… too many quality players not to get 7th… still a better squad than the remaining teams and Potter will eventaully find a proper 11 to see the season out and a charge up the table…

Your Uncle Banjo has spoken…. (now, where is that tin-hat?!?!)

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

1. Arsenal
        Like everyone else,I’ve been expecting them to bottle it and they still might. But I’m starting to feel like they may just snatch it. Will be tight though.

2. City
        If they beat Arsenal at the Etihad, you’d fancy City for 1st but I think Arsenal might nick a point.

3. Liverpool
        Said all through the terrible run they’d have too much quality to not get top 4 and I think Sunday’s result will push them on now and they’ll likely have nothing left to play for so will be fresher than the other top 4 contenders.

4. Utd.
        Simple. The quality of the teams below us isn’t good enough. Newcastle are fading. Spurs look good 1 game in every 5 then revert to boring Conte ball again.

5. Brighton.
        Reckon they’re going to finish really strongly.

6. Spurs.
        The likely departure of Conte will not help their flow. Too unpredictable.

Newcastle. Reckon they’re going to completely fade now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Love for you to be right about Brighton but considering they have to play everybody in the current top 6 (and a game against Jammy Dodgers too!), I think you might being a bit optimistic there!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Yeah, you’re probably right. It’s going to be a group of mini leagues I think where my 1 and 2 could go either way, my 3 and 4 could go either way and then the 5,6,7 could be in any order. I think you’re brave going for Spurs to get 3rd. I’d be amazed if anyone other than Liverpool gets above us at this point.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Brighton by the way 👀. I know how much you all love xg 😁

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

I’ll admit to being a little bit biased, as I watch my boys every week, and certainly more than everybody else, but we’re somehow in 4th without being remotely close to playing as well as we can. Sure, we’ve had some good games (and some bad!) but we seem a lot more consistant since Christmas (Foxy Ladies aside!), and Sonny is starting to show signs of life… losing bentacur is a huge lose for us, but even with the rest of the squad, I think there’s a lot more to come from us…. and as I mentioned, we always have at least one decent run during the season which we haven’t had yet, and with the toughest games we have left being against Pool, YooUtd and Bone Saw Boys, it’s absolutely in our hands!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Utd will finish above miveroool and I think Sundays result will push utd on. Other bad defeats this season has

I still fancy city for the league

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Half expecting you to come out with a “Pool to finish Top14”, you miserable sod! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Luckydestiny
                    Participant

I still cant split city and arsenal. If they were level I would favour city but Arsenal’s lead makes it tough to call.

I fancy pool and utd to get final champs leagues spots.

I also predict chelsea to score a goal in open play by end of season 🤣

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Chucky, I think Liverpool will stay up mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

The concern I’d have if I was Arsenal is that it tends to be easier to chase than to stay on top. City have shown they’ve had the metal in recent years to cope with being top, so chasing should be easier for them. One thing Arsenal can look to is City progressing in the CL and them starting to concentrate on that should they get to the latter stages, particularly if they did start falling a bit further back in the league.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.