Home Community General Football Eden Hazard September PL Player of the Month.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Was there any other choice??

He’s been fantastic.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

he has been excellent. although it appears i missed the august player of the month thread when that was announced. can’t imagine this has only been posted because its a chelsea player and no other people to have won the award are worthy of a mention.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Why didn’t you put up an August PL of the Month thread then Paxton? There was nothing to stop you.

No doubt Moura had a very good August but Hazard has had a September off the scale!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Goal of the Month Daniel Sturridge v Chelsea.???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Nine, what do you make of Hazard’s quotes on Mourinho? They’d annoy me a bit if I were a Chelsea fan, especially right before the sides meet. That and talking about his dream move to Real etc. I never understand why players feel the need to say things like that in public.

Obviously Hazard would never go to Utd but it just seems a strange, and unnecessary, thing to say.

Fantastic player anyway and, for me, he has so far this season cemented his place as the best player in the league.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Nine has a point Paxton. ? these are not usually as clear cut. Hazard has been excellent. But footballers are so detached from fans have no loyalty to clubs and many are just too thick to realise what they are saying. Ed I will leave it to you to decide what bracket hazard falls into ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Ed, I was surprised he said what he said about Mourinho I would have put money on him saying the reverse I guess it demonstrates that in the main Mourinho carries his players with him albeit Hazard confirms he lost it in the season he was sacked at Chelsea.

I don’t think Hazard said anything we didn’t know previously re Real it came out in the international press conferences when questioned and he’s honestly admitted he’s torn between staying at Chelsea or fulfilling his boyhood ambition by playing at Real.

He’s also said he doesn’t want to keep answering questions about it personally I would rather players were honest about these things.

I still think there’s a chance he’ll sign a new contract at Chelsea providing it looks like Chelsea will get CL footbsll and that’s the reason why no Club Captain has been announced yet too but I also think there’s probably more chance he will go to Real. I would put it 40/60 in Real’s favour currently.

I will be sad but I won’t hold it against him its unusual to retsin a player of Hazard’s ability for 7 seasons and he’s never hid his desire to one day play for Real. But I will be gutted should it happen. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

The reason Hazard said that was because Mourinho was dismissed cause of player power and his obviously feeling bad about it but nothing of Mourinhos tactics and coaching is even remotely suited to Hazard way of playing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

That sounds like a strange conclusion to come to Moos. Most of Chelsea’s managers over Hazard’s Chelsea career have gone because of player power, rightly or wrongly. You honestly think he wants to work for him again because he feels sorry for him? Or do you mean he’s just saying it to be nice to Mourinho? Either sound incredibly far fetched!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      cm
                      Participant

IMO he said it because there is a chance Jose could be managing Real Madrid next season. Hazards best goals return came under Jose, so he cannot be that bad, although that is likely going to be beaten this season.

It makes me think the player Hazard could have become if he played under managers like Klopp, Pep or Sarri(sooner). We are witnessing what he is capable of under Sarri.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Absolutely Nine, it was the last name I thought Hazard would have answered with. For all that people say top players wouldn’t want to play under Mourinho, very few of his ex players have a bad word to say about him.

I’m not sure I agree about the honesty thing, though. If De Gea was coming out in the press talking about how he dreams of playing for Madrid, I’d be pretty annoyed. What they want is their business but I think they owe a certain amount of respect to the club and their fans to not speak about things like that in public. What if it was a rival? If Hazard had said he dreams of playing for Utd? Would that be OK?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Ed, “Most of Chelsea’s managers over Hazard’s Chelsea career have gone because of player power, rightly or wrongly.”

I’m not sure that’s completely true Ed. Di Matteo was appointed above his ability after winning the CL, Rafa was an interim Manager that a large section of the Chelsea fans could never accept, I think the players played a part in Jose’s demise but he played the biggest part starting with the Eva Carniero situation and it went down hill from there and Conte was his own worst enemy in his second season and would have gone whether the players loved him or not imo you can’t sit in front of the assembled media week in week out and rubbish your bosses.

I suspect part of what Hazard said about Mourinho might have been to build bridges possibly with Madrid in mind . Stranger things have happened.?

“If Hazard had said he dreams of playing for Utd? Would that be OK?” Ha, ha I think you know the answer to that one.

The thing is Ed Hazard has always said that one day he would like to play for Real that’s been his ambition since a boy and it’s been out there even before he joined Chelsea. The problem is with his contract running down Ronaldo gone and the media knowing that they keep asking him the question and to be fair to him he did say he didn’t want to talk about it anymore this time around.

If Real really want him next Summer and if Real make a firm bid for him that Chelsea are prepared to accept then he will have a decision to make and in those circumstances I think as I’ve said previously Real are 60/40 favourites to sign him. But there are still a lot of ifs in there and one possible outcome is that if Real don’t get anywhere near meeting the price Chelsea might want next Summer then Chelsea might decide it makes more sense to hang on to him until 2020.

It is a funny one there’s been a thread running on the Chelsea site which probably reflects 80% of Chelsea posters being forgiving of Hazard moving to Real if that’s what he really wants even though everyone wants to keep him and I sit in that camp.

Still hope beyond hope he stays at Chelsea though and becomes the biggest Chelsea legend ever.? Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

27 & Ed-It could be the oldest trick in the book from the Hazard camp to get the best possible contract offer???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.