Home Community General Football Do you enjoy Football?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Not a silly question, but candid. Percentages to when I was more involved from a Primary School, Secondary School and College, the best days of my life. Granted, 100 million pounds would never buy.

Being a Liverpool supporter, Man U and Ferguson killed me straight up and 20/25 years of my life in depression it goes without saying.

I’m an old school grown up of those Milk Bottles being home delivered (don’t think Amazon couldn’t do that haha).

But being involved for example with message boards for almost 10 years, I just don’t see Liverpool for example being decorated.

We are owned by American owners. For all the goodness, sponsors and everything else, in reality we are seriously short.

We don’t win trophies and haven’t done since 2012.

I just don’t see progress in leading to something strong and meaningful. We’re fighting constantly.

And why should we be at mercy forever to Chelsea or Manchester City?????? They themselves are the bloody bad ones that I can’t stand the sight of at the very best of times.

There should be Buzz consistently and something to look forward to, ideally week in week out.

From a Liverpool FC point of view, just want a nice general football win. A bread and butter win.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      FergieTime
      Participant

Football is only a game. There are more important things in life than football. There’s nothing wrong with showing passion towards a team you have followed and supported throughout your life, but when you get to a certain age, you tend to grow out of caring after the final whistle.

Just like life, your football team have ups and down. But unlike life, there is nothing you can do about your football team with the exception of continuing following and supporting the side and hope the good times arive or return.

You seem to wear your heart on your sleeve when it comes to Liverpool football club, be thankful that you are supporting a club that has given you so much joys, there are plenty of football fans who would love to follow and support a team with the prestige of Liverpool when it comes to trophies won.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        goatistuta
        Participant

I’ll answer your initial question with a no, then a yes!! I’ll explain. We are all the same, it comes to match day, we get excited, we prepare our own special ways. Be that for home or away, if you go or watch on TV then it’s kick off, something happens and we spend the next hour moaning our asses off blaming players managers owners!! Standard shit really.

Now I’ll comment in your hatred of City and Chelsea. I personally despise Liverpool, hate you lot, you think you have a right to be better than everyone because of your past. Why is that? It’s the past get over it. You only hate us because we are doing what you did in the 80’s and 90’s. I watched you buy players for fun, just so other teams couldn’t have them, grrrrrr. Now it’s reversed, we buy your players and there is nothing you can do about it, lol. I’ve been the one stood outside the shop with no money and watched the rich kids buy what they want and win everything. Christ I grew up in sunny Stretford through the 80’s 90’s and 00’s do trust me I kin know.

Ok, that’s my reply to your hatred of my team.

Back to football, it ruins my weekend when we get beat, especially when we shouldn’t or the team just didn’t put it in. All the old issues come flooding back like, they get a weeks wage which is over my years wage… but all that said I still tip up every home game, take a deep breath and crack on again and I’ll do that until I die, CITY TILL I DIE

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by goatistuta.
          • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by goatistuta.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

The thing that grinds my gears with the History boys, is you don’t get fans of clubs that were dominating before the late 70’s whining about being back where they belong. Only seems to be the history boys complaining about their “so-called” rights.

As for the game itself, I love it, I don’t love it, ignore it, get obsessed by it, depending on the mood/weather/result… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            FergieTime
            Participant

Banjo-

Before the 70s you never really got sides that dominated like Liverpool and Manchester United with the exception of Arsenal in the 30s. In the 60s you had 8 different teams who won the league and in the 50s you had 6 teams who won the legaue with Wolves and United winning 3 each. Compare that to the 70s where Liverpool won 5 league titles and 80s where they won 6, then to the 90s where United won 6 and the 00s where they won 5.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

How many would be on this site if they didn’t enjoy the game?

There’s some good responses from the lads on here to the question and as others have intimated nobody has a right to win anything just because they were dominant 30 odd years ago.

The PL is even more entertaining now it’s gone from a couple of teams competing for the title to potentially 4 or 5 which has made things even more exciting imo, it’s great to see Spurs in there competing for the title over the last couple of seasons and you can’t but admire the job Pochetino has done at Spurs.

Liverpool in attacking mode when their tails up are a joy to watch with Klopp jumping around on the touchline and City are playing glorious football under Pep and United are slowly but surely clawing their way back under Mourinho then there’s the topsy turvy world of Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal and I haven’t even mentioned Chelsea.? What’s not to enjoy?

As Fergie’s Time rightly says there are more important things in life than football and anyone who doesn’t get that should go and spend some time at an Oncology Hospital it’s all about keeping a “balance” and we all need to be able to do that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

I wasn’t going to respond to this post. But as several others have rightly pointed out above, no one has a god given right to be top of the pile. As nine correctly points out there are far more important things in life than football. A Liverpool fan whinging about not being as successful as they used to be or would like just because of big bad City and Chelsea won’t win much sympathy with the general football public imo. So grow a pair Nil you big tart. Could be worse you could be one of the thousands who pay good money and turn up each week to watch Mouriniho park his bus and muster one shot on goal in 45mins. ? Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Right now I don’t enjoy football… stupid game.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

banjo, ha, ha, I can understand that mate awful goal defensively for Spurs to concede from a goal kick.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Jim ? touche! Buses can be fun too

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.