Home Community General Football Dier banned for 4 games

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

After 4 months of deliberating, the FA have decided to ban Eric dier for 4 games after he stormed in to the stands after fa cup game against Norwich. 4 fucking months!!!!! What were they doing? I suppose they had to analyse all of the statements in detail

Dier: I was silly but did not act threateningly
      Fan: I was silly but did not feel threatened
      Police: both were silly but Dier did not act in a threatening manner

4 months later
      FA: definitely acted threateningly. Definitely worse than strangling or studding someone in the face. Ban for 4 games.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

Good of been worse for Spurs, could of escaped a ban altogether πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Jose will be frothing.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chelsea1967
          Participant

Four games a slap on the wrist. Thats the rest of his season. Can’t go chasing a fan through the stands. I reckon he is lucky.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

I don’t have an issue with the ban itself it’s the handling of it. Why has it taken 4 months? They looked at guendouzi strangle Neil maupay and instantly said it’s fine, same with VARdy. Why so long especially when there wasn’t any football for 3 months. It wasn’t like they had a stockpile of disciplinary meetings to deal with. And then to say his behaviour was threatening is nonsense when player (unsurprising) β€˜victim’, and police all disagree. I’m sure there was another reason they could have come up with.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Why did it take so long??? Well ,the answer to that is….its the FA…a useless bunch of people

OK..the incident should not have happened but the punishment does not fit the crime. The crime was how long it took them to make a decision

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

It seems a long time to come to a conclusion on this incident part of the explanation seems to be

“One of the reasons why the case was delayed so long was because Dier’s solicitor, Ellen Peart, asked for a Right of Access Request because the police refused to voluntarily provide witness testimony from the fan in which he admitted to “being an idiot.”

It’s difficult to compare what might happen on the pitch between players to a player entering the stands to confront a fan that’s a no go area for the FA as it should be and I suspect the punishment reflects that to send a message to players in the future.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  steveosnakeeye
                  Participant

lucky boy imho, FA are the FA and the know sweet FA!!!

thats Fanny Adams for any kids πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

Any excuse to watch this moment of madness again… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFL01eLqbA

Dier was daft but he didnt go UFC like Cantona. What a player he was though… seagulls following trawlers… priceless memories.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

My question then would be. Was it a legal, club or FA offence….I cannot work this out……if it was a FA offence then he has broken some rule, OK, so why did they have to wait for the Police to intervene. Then again if it was a legal offence he will be charged accordingly. I am getting to old to work these things out

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Brian – the police deemed it no issue within a couple of days of the incident.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

It was an FA issue Brian, Dier crossed the line.

Players can’t go into the stands and confront spectators no matter the player or the Club.

Totally the right decision imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

Nine..I would not disagree with that if it was that simple. If it was an FA decision then all I am saying it should have been dealt with quicker whatever the conclusion, if the Police were not pursuing it then it is even more of a mystery why the FA did not act quicker, after all it would appear it is there rules that are effective. My guess is, they were clueless and sought advise to see how much clout they had. I do agree with you though that the act itself was wrong and you cannot have players acting in this way. However, the spectator {s} had a part in this as well, have the FA pursued them as well?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

It took 4 months because of the virus, surely. I mean, they’ve had a lot of other shit to deal with, this would be at the bottom of their priorities list.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Brian, the alleged rationale for the delay is in my post above how accurate that is I don’t know like you it was a suprise to me too that it took so long but none of us know what the real ins and outs of it all were.

When I had my season tickets at Chelsea, going back to the pre Abramovich days there was a guy who sat close to me who would regularly dig in to Dennis Wise as soon as he misplaced a pass whether he was playing well or not with his cry of “you’re rubbish Wise”.

Ironically although not very well liked by opposition fans Wise was one of Chelsea’s very best players back then and fans still sing songs about him until this day.

I think if one of your close family is a footballer playing at the top level you have to have a thick skin if you’re going to sit amongst the fans because football is a game of great praise and great criticism and always has been and football fans are notoriously fickle too.

I don’t think the FA had any option but to ban Dier as they have as it was neccessy to send a signal that it’s totally unacceptable for players to run into the stands to confront fans period. Thankfully it rarely happens. Cheers 9’s

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.