Home Community General Football Decorum-Manners-Behaviour-Respect- Lost In Football, Sports And Society

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just the ‘smaller’ detail in turning up in a Suit – Wear a Suit!

‘Tracksuit’ yourself after.

Be Proud! Smile!

I don’t know if this is because of the way Football is simply shaped and society coming with it. Social Media is just lethal now more than ever.

I grew up in a Generation where The FA Cup felt like a European Trophy.

I in person suffer from depression. This all just feels artificial to me and a Pep Box-Ticking-Exercise.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Did they show up in tracksuits? I can see why you’d be annoyed about this, cause it was a bit of a tradition to show up in suits .. but only the players.

if it isnt what i’ve just said then you’re gone on a bad one πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Mak, Pep led the City team out wearing a jumper which is unusual especially when you are going to be presented to Prince William and I was critical if that on the Cup Final thread.

If I remember correctly Brian Clough always wore a green training top but he wore a jacket and tie to lead his team out at Wembley and then changed back into his usual green top.

But Peps jumper wearing shouldn’t imoo take anything away from the incredible job he has done in leading his team to a previously unattainable treble.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Pep actually was quite a smart-dresser. I’ve not seen him wear a Shirt and Tie. He seems to live off one type of attire and a Cardigan. Although this observation may be deemed as something petty and trivial, he should have made more of an effort.

It’s an FA Cup Final which is and has always been a special event in the English Calendar, very much like Wimbledon.

I just think these days, you notice now all that other stuff you grew up is lost and people quite frankly just don’t care anymore.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Adlab
            Participant

Sign of the times.
              How many wear a shirt and tie and suit to work.
              When I started as an articled clerk all those years ago – nearly 50 yrs there was a really strict dress code. Dark suit,shirt and tie black shoes etc etc. Girls had to wear a busines suit of “modest ” length etc and discreet make up and hair. Today? Well blokes go scruffy and wear trainers, girls…..well how can I put it politely? Thay look like they are on a night out!
              I do think there is a lack of thought but its the times we live in.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Adlab.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Adlab
              Participant

PS
                Nothing will ever compare to Liverpool WHITE suits!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

I still have an expectation of a level of Attire when it comes to Prestigious Occasions. Obviously, none of the matters as long as you nail the trophy hence White Suits and 1996 – that was just something out of the Ordinary to say the least!

In certain Professions though, a level of Attire and Uniform too must remain in tact in my view, even if and when we reach 2050!

Police, Nurses, Paramedics, Mortgage Advisors, In Branch Bank Staff, Cabin Crew.

And Pep mate, for once in your life: Have a Shave! πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Javi Garcia looked the part but Pep didn’t.

I think the FA should require Managers to wear a jacket, shirt and tie when they lead their teams out for a Wembley FA Cup Final especially when they are going to be introduced to Prince William even though times have changed.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Good Shout Nine. An actual really nice bit of pleasantness to this; when I was a Kid, I actually remember the Late Brian Clough and his distinctive Green Jumper πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

I’m sure he led his Forest Teams down the tunnel in a Suit with a Carnation, then quickly getting changed.

I’m old school of that generation growing up where I looked up to Presenters and Pundits, largely from the way they were dressed and groomed.

There were real Gentlemen that added Decorum, Personality and Spirit to the game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

You cant ask for requirements.

I mean, who cares about the royal family? Pep isn’t English and maybe as a Catalonian, he takes issue with the concept? I’m Irish and I’d probably take issue with demands when it comes to this ridiculous presentation. The PL is no longer a domestic competition and the FA Cup is almost always won by a PL club.

Should Pep have worn a suit or something better than a jumper, yes, absolutely.. but to be fair to him, his jumper style is still kinda dressy. He didn’t show up in a tracksuit.

It cant be all about creating strong rules. The Uk is particularly bad at this in my opinion and we’re not entirely brilliant ourselves… but if you have something that you either don’t like or that is not great on the whole, it’s not always best to box it off with a law/rule.

You can go to prion for saying the wrong words in the UK. That’s completely insane. I won’t go further into it cause I’ll go off topic and also, Im incredibly tired now but let’s cool it with the restrictions and instead work to build up the things that are important to us. If something is worth respecting, the majority of people will respect it.

NN

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

“I mean, who cares about the royal family? Pep isn’t English and maybe as a Catalonian, he takes issue with the concept? I’m Irish and I’d probably take issue with demands when it comes to this ridiculous presentation.”

Sounds a bit political to me let’s not go there.

I wasn’t suggesting rules requirement was probably the wrong word and recommend would have probably been a better word.

The FA Cup is about traditions though and its tradition to be presented to a member of the Royal Family now almost always Prince William as he is President of the FA.

Javi Garcia looked the part as he led out his Watford team Pep didn’t imo it’s no big deal his team more than looked the part which is probably more important.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Definitely some decorum here I must say even though it’s coming from my arch Rivals.

Mr Ferguson looking well. Cole and David May are carrying timber lol πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.