Home Community General Football Conte Successor

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea.man
    Participant

The press had been reporting for weeks or months that Antonio Conte is set to depart in the summer. and there has been many candidates who had been thrown in to the mix. one of them was our former manager Carlo Ancelotti, and other one is Athletico Madrid boss Diego Simone, another one is Tuchel the former Dortmund manager, and today the press has thrown another name in to the ring. Massimiliano-Allegri is said to have agreed to take over at Chelsea in the summer. is he the right choice?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5257675/Massimiliano-Allegri-agrees-Chelsea.html.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Conte go in the Summer he will only have one year left on his contract by then and without he agrees to extend it that would leave Chelsea in a difficult situation in respect of Summer recruitment.

All sorts of names have been thrown around as replacements if that’s what happens but it’s all pure speculation.

Given that Hazard has stated that he wants to play for Zidane I would go for him!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

I heard somewhere this morning that Chelsea now average a new manager every 14 months in the Roman era.

On one hand, you’d think it’s about time Chelsea went for some stability and long term planning. On the other hand, it’s hard to argue that point when they’ve won more than anyone during the last decade or so.

I don’t understand why any top PL club would go for Tuchel who clearly wasn’t good enough for Dortmund. I’m not sure going back for Ancelotti is such a wise move either.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Rob Tab
          Participant

999 Zidane will probably be sacked come end of season. Imo the success he immediately had after taking over was due to the players he inherited. Allegro is probably the best choice for Chelsea should Conte go which seems likely and a great pity not only for Chelsea but also for the EPL.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Rob, I agree with you re Zidane. Personally I wouldn’t want him because of what you say.

Just a bit of a throw away by me in a desperate attempt to retain Hazard.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              whoisbeni
              Participant

Mark Hughes is free

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Ed, all great points.

As good as Conte is there is a problem between him and the club in respect of transfer policy which imo must have been discussed prior to Conte being appointed that’s what seems to be behind the current situation at Chelsea and presumably that’s why Conte didn’t sign the extended contract on the table although he took the significant increase in his salary.?

My own take on it all is that Conte when he accepted the role knew how the club managed their transfer business but after winning the PL in his first season with a new contract on the table Conte pushed for more control of transfers but nothing got agreed which is where we are now.

The above was similar to the problems Conte had at Juve and he walked.

Personally I think Conte should have the first and last word on transfers but very few Managers stay for long United had Fergie for 20 odd years but even they’ve had 5 Managers in the last 6 seasons so I can somewhat understand why the club through a DOF have a significant say on transfer strategy.

If I was Roman without I was sure that Conte was staying on for another 3/4 seasons I wouldn’t let him buy too many players in January or spend too much next Summer with just a year left on his contract.

If Conte doesn’t agree to an extended contract by the Summer sadly just like with Hazard I think the club has to say thanks for everything but we’re letting you go selling you to Real.

Having said all that my choice would be both signing new extended contracts. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

EPL sided be mad not to go for M.Sarri,what a manager.I disagree with Tuchel not being good enough,he is a very good manager imho!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

All rumours currently Mav. Still hope Conte stays but he will have to commit himself to another three years imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

999-Maybe mate but I was thinking more of Arsenal tbh.What a manager he is!Give him the money EPL sides spend and see what he can do.Brilliant manager,without spending a billion like Pep and Jose!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chelsea.man
                        Participant

Zidane? I hope you posted that with a tongue in cheek 999. Personally my preferred candidate is Conte. But if that is not possible Carlo is a safe choice for me. I’m a massive fan of Carlo and would be happy to take him back. I had never been a fan of Allegri. I felt that the Italian league has lost its competitiveness in the last decade or so. Only once has a team from outside Inter and Juventus has won. And that was 2011 in AC Milan. I feel the PL is a step too far for Allegri. But i hope to give him the benefit of doubt. People were skeptical about Conte. But he turned out to be such success.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

CMan, indeed it was mate see my post@10:04am.?

Tbh sadly I think us Chelsea fans probably have to prepare ourselves for life without Conte and Hazard from the Summer. Hope I’m wrong though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chelsea.man
                            Participant

Antonio Conte has refused to commit his future to Chelsea. Well there is morethan meets the eye. i will be very disappointed if we lose such a talented Manager. but on the other hand i trust Chelsea to make the best decision for the club. hopefully it will Carlo and not Allegri who will succeed him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5263003/Antonio-Conte-refuses-commit-future-Chelsea.html

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

CMan, I watched his press conference and I thought Conte said all the right things and is seemingly commited to at least seeing out his current contract.

The club’s transfer strategy is seemingly the sticking point both sides need to give a bit over that and the perhaps Conte will extend his contract.

We need to give someone the time to build something meaningful and that doesn’t get done in 18 months but equally I don’t think the club can go in to the Summer window with Conte only commited to next season the top players that we will hopefully be trying to sign I don’t think will come to Chelsea to play for a Manager who will be gone by the end of the 2018/19 season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                paul powers tash
                                Participant

Why are you talking as if he’s said he’s going lads ?
                                  Is it set in stone then ? Or just paper talk ? Apols
                                  if I’ve missed something?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  paul powers tash
                                  Participant

Imo.I can’t believe Tuchel keeps getting linked with all the big jobs?

He was manager at Dortmund for two seasons.Winning the German cup once.
                                    That’s it.

If Conte goes?I can’t see TT getting a sniff of the job.

Imo.Joachim Low would be a far better fit (Providing he washes his hands
                                    after games in the world cup in Russia 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chelsea.man
                                    Participant

Now this article sheds light about the front runners for this job. Diego Simon, Allegri, Sarri, Luiz Enrique. of the those four men. i’m skeptical about Luiz Enrique, Allegri. i don’t know much about Sarri. and Simone is similar manager to Conte. which means why are we letting Conte go if we are hiring a carbon copy? Roman and board need to think twice before we let Conte. he is my number one target for the job. and i feel he is the manager who will finally end this player power culture in our dressing room. Simone is too hot tempered for my liking. and Allegri is the opposite. but if one of those is to be taken. i will take Allegri grudgingly. i’m Allegri skeptic and has been when he was first linked with us in 2016. but he is the balance between Sarri and Simone.

http://breaking.com.ng/nigerianews2017/allegri-simone-in-battle-to-replace-conte/.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Why are Chelsea lowering the club by bringing in yet another manager when they already have one of the two best managers in the world. Its so stupid.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

I still hope Conte signs a new extended contract and stays at the club as unlikely as that may currently seem.

The sticking point in all this seems to be how the club’s transfer strategy is managed and that was the reason Conte left Juve too given that and the fact that both parties must have discussed the club’s transfer policy it’s difficult to understand why this has become such an issue.

If this doesn’t go away and it won’t without the club and Conte come to some sort of agreement and he signs an contract extension which was on the table to sign last summer driven by the media lots of names will be bandied about the majority of which will be pure shots in the dark and wrong.

Personally I’m not going to get too involved in discussing any of them whilst Conte remains in place.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

To be honest I can’t believe Conte wants to leave or that Abramovich wants him out? I like his passion it’s a bit crazy at times but so what.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.