Home Community General Football Clutching or a genuine concern

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cm
    Participant

In 2001 playing for Brescia, Pep had tested positive twice against Piacenza & Lazio. Both samples showed levels of the anabolic steroid nandrolone. Nandrolone improves athletes ability to train harder, recovery faster & help the body build muscle by producing extra protein.

Guardiola tested six times the legal limit. In the corrupt world of Italian football (at the time), he was given a 4 month ban & €50,000 fine. Naturally Pep was insistent of his innocence. “A machine says I have taken nandrolone, but I know I didn’t,” he said. Guardiola failed the 2nd test shortly afterwards.

Segura claimed the supplements were contaminated & the cause of the positive test. Investigations found this wasn’t possible. Segura joined Guardiola at Barcelona in 2009. In 2010 the club were fined €30,000 for failing to provide accurate details of their players’ whereabouts.

Manchester City were fined THREE TIMES within the first 6 months of Pep Guardiola’s appointment for violations of anti-doping regulations.

Luis Garcia del Moral – who was 1 of the 3 doctors banned for life following Lance Armstrong’s life ban. He provided riders with EPO, blood transfusions & masking agents. Where was he also a medical advisor? FC Barcelona.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/1670947.stm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39383967

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pep-guardiolas-barcelona-breached-the-whereabouts-rule-wrqwrf78n

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/thelongballtactic.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/what-links-fc-barcelona-and-the-lance-armstrong-doping-case/amp/

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Bit Desparate even for you. Lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Come on CM. I know it’s difficult watching City at the moment being as dominant as they are and I know your posts are generally tongue in cheek, but please tone down the obvious wind-up posts. There’s a decent bunch of City posters on here who I’d rather we could keep hold of! Merry Christmas to all

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            whoisbeni
            Participant

Interesting articles in the links

Can’t say I was aware of any of that. Food for thought.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Fucking think away! While you are at it think about defending in a game!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chelsea.man
                Participant

I think you will find that City and Guardiola are the best in the league. And their lead and goals is evidence. So let us not try to knock them because we don’t like. Every City player have improved 300% this season than they were last season. And credit to them for the way they are playing. I won’t be surprised if they have 100+ points by the end of the season. But next season. I think both United and Chelsea need to improve their forward line. Liverpool need to improve defensively. And Spurs need to keep hold of their players. Arsene ima: 10 pts
                  Liverpool are by far the best team on the night. And can you imagine they are the away team? I had to check twice to make sure that Arsenal are at home. I don’t know why he has picked Iwobi ahead of Walcot when you are looking for to match the pace of Liverpool. Iwobi is slowing down Arsenal attacks. always unpredictable. Next season could very tough.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  cm
                  Participant

Jim-

What is so desperate about the above? City are flying and have been on a different level to the rest, I agree with that. They have been a joy to watch.

Saying that it is quite alarming about how much people bury their heads in the sand in regards to Pep history of doping and the people around him who have been either banned for supplying illegal PEDs or have a history of supplying PEDs.

Like Beni I was completely unware of Peps history of using PEDs and Barcelona’s past of having doctors who supplied PEDs to athletes. It was only when I watched Icarus and started reading up on the programme after when I came across someone on twitter claiming Barcelona have a history of using the same doctor involved. This was mainly under Peps tenure, where he had a doctor who was banned for supplying Lance Armstrong at Barcelona. He said that the way Barcelona play and the 100mph football they were playing, players either slow down with exautions as the season progresses i.e. Liverpool, Arsenal or they suffer niggling injuries because of the strain on the muscle. This person said that the only way to over come this is by taking PEDs. Barcelona never suffered above and coincidentally had a doctor who supplied Armstrong in their ranks and the same person who gave Pep an illegal steroid, Pep has taken him everywhere with the exception of-

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11890/9808904/bayern-munichs-club-doctor-resigns-after-porto-defeat

Like Beni has said food for thought. If I am wrong about any of above, then I apologise. This is a genuine discussion in regards to how accurate the above is.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Cm, all this sort of stuff will just rile up the City lads on here who area good bunch of lads and considerably grounded considering the season City are having digging over the coals on this will just cause significant angst on the site and is unnecessary because if Pep/City were doing anything wrong in this area it will get picked up by the FA.

The FA conducts drug testing both in competition (post match) and out of competition (at training sessions and player’s home addresses). Players can be selected for a drug test in either a random or a targeted basis.

Targeted means if the FA felt there was anything untoward going on at City they would act and to the best of my knowledge they haven’t.

The FA seeks to use all intelligence and research available to identify the areas of highest doping risk and tailors its testing programme accordingly.

Players are tested for the prohibited substances contained within The FA’s Anti-Doping Regulations. The FA conducts drug tests on players via the collection of blood and urine samples. All tests are collected by Doping Control Officers (DCO) and Chaperones, who are accredited to World Anti-Doping Code (WADC) standards.

All best left there CM which was highlighted by the Ed @ 8:41pm.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      cm
                      Participant

Nine-

Fair point.

The person who wrote the above was mainly talking about the people around Pep and how much Pep trusts some of these people who have had a history of supplying PEDs to athletes. The Icarus spoke about holes in the system and how easy it is to replace dirty urine with clean urine when drug testers are involved. How Barcelona and Pep have got off when they hired a man who later was banned for supplying Lance Armstrong and how to help Lance Armstrong overcome drugs test by replacing his urine samples.

The FA may have this covered, I doubt it though. The same dinosaurs are extremely inconsistent with their decisions when it comes to disciplinary panels etc. It was 14 years ago that Rio missed a drugs test and was banned for 9 months and years later it was revealed that numerous players from various different clubs failed to turn up to drugs tests and escaped punishment.

Like I said in the title i could be clutching, but this is first time I have heard about this in regards to Pep. No other manager in the game has links to this.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Cm, as I said in my previous post all very much best left there now.

If there is anything to these claims in respect of Pep at City or City as a club then I’m sure the football authorities would have picked it up by now and or will pick it up in the future.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.