Home Community General Football CL/EL games

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Champions League is back tonight. Barcelona vs Juventus on the first night back, brilliant! Utd and Chelsea should both get comfortable home wins. Celtic vs PSG looks like another good one to watch. Always an intimidating atmosphere for visiting teams to Celtic Park.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Fantastic, can’t wait to hear the Champions League music playing again.

The worlds Best club competition whether your club’s in it or not imho.

The Group stages can be a tad mundane at times but once we get into the Round of 16 it’s Rock and Roll football.?

It’s difficult to look past Real, Barca, AM, Juve and Bayern as potential winners but as has be proven before you can never tell.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

Yeah, can’t wait. Will be at Anfield tomorrow night hoping for a better performance than Saturday, and indeed a better performance than we gave last time we were in the Champiuons League, when Rodgers couldn’t inspire his team to get out of a group containing such European powerhouses as Basel and Ludogorets.

Have had a small wager on every English team winning their group games this week. Obviously Manu and Chelsea should win comfortably; Man City, after Saturday, must be bursting with confidence, so a trip to Feyenoord shouldn’t hold too many fears for them; it’s Liverpool and Spurs who have the tough games. But both are at home, and Spurs have to conquer the Wembley effect sooner or later. So who will let me down?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Big Jim
          Participant

What odds did you get on that bet Hightown?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

It was a little less than 7/1 from memory. Not a bad bet, I thought

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Too right 999. I’d add PSG to that list now though. I think City are probably the best equipped of the PL teams to go furthest but they still seem some way off the very best in Europe.

Hightown, I reckon that’s good bet. I think Spurs might be the ones to let you down though,unfortunately

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Ed, silly of me I forgot PSG although I still think it might take them a season or two but you’re right they are definitely another potential winner.

I agree with you re City being the best equipped and they’ve got a big squad too albeit still a bit of a dodgy defence wouldn’t rule out United either big squad great Keeper clever Manager tactically and experience of winning the EL last season.

Spurs have a tough Group and the Wembley factor which inspires visiting teams from Europe, Liverpool will get out of the Group but are fragile defensively and Chelsea not quite ready yet and still a bit short squad wise. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

Disagree Ed, I think our gun ho attitude coupled with at times our suspect defence will again be our Achilles heel. For me United are the best equipped or should I say possibly have the best approach due to the caution that will come from Maureen.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    FergieTime
                    Participant

Good start by Chelsea. United need to be more clinical. Celtic unsurprisingly behind.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      FergieTime
                      Participant

Did I break the site?

Young has done something what Valencia has failed to do all season. What a ball.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Welcome to the site @fergietime. Not sure what you mean by breaking the site. All seems in order!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

You could be right Jim. Mourinho knows how to close out the big sides better than most. City, I think, are quite capable of outplaying the Barcas/Madrids and so on, but could just as easily go out to a lesser side. I don’t think we’ll be outplaying any of the top sides.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Chelsea running riot!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

0-5 at Parkhead but I suspect Rodgers will still find at least one aspect of Celtics play outstanding!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Big Jim.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Sixy football.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Great win nine, who was it against again??? ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

as good as PSG were last night, i thought celtic were embarrassing. couldnt string two passes together in the first half and got completely outplayed. in the second half they were more interested in going in to tackles as strong as possible to try and get a reaction from the crowd. i was listening to talksport yesterday (i know its absolute shite) and the whole day it was about how celtic will prove they are better than people think, they’ll shock the world, their fans will win them the game and how they will qualify in second. celtic fans phoning in saying they will win and teams like PSG have never playing in an environment like Parkhead – get over yourselves! firstly their fans were shit. its just one section of the ground where they jump and sing, many fans headed for the exit with 10 minutes to go, likely to get another fine from UEFA because of a fan. i actually thought their performance was shameful. dont get me wrong, PSG are miles ahead and celtic could never dream of being as good, but they didnt even try. scott brown was running round like a headless chicken. you could see all he wanted to do was put in a heavy challenge but he was always so far off the pace that the ball was on the other side of the pitch by the time he got near his target.

very enjoyable watch!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Jim, ha, ha very true mate but you can only beat what’s in front of you and those goals might come in handy in what is a tough Group with AM and Roma home and away to come.

How’s the back doing? Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Celtic for all the talk of an invincibles season under Rodgers last season are playing in a one team League and in one team Cup competitions in Scotland and Celtic are never going to be able to compete in the CL it’s just to big a step up from the SPL to the CL.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

huge game for spurs tonight. first group game and its make or break. dortmund missing a lot of players so we have decent chance. we will be without a few players as well but i think we have enough to get the job done. we really need a win at wembley. if we dont win tonight then confidence will be shot about playing there.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.