Home Community General Football CL & EL week 1.

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Stand out games this week are Liverpool v PSG and Inter v Spurs. I can’t see the Liverpool v PSG game ending goal less.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Saturday proved why us Spuds are having chickens with Worm in goal.. not looking forward to this at all….

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Be interesting to see how are defence handles the front 3 of psg

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

That goes both ways Wasplicker, PSG’s D don’t exactly face a front free like your lot either… reckon 24+3 is right about it not likely to be Nil-Nil.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

I too agree with 20+7 about the game finishing double-Nil.Cocks of Norfffffffffff Landan have noffing to fear from the Mafiozi!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Inter aren’t a big force anymore but I worry about what they’ll do to us. We look awful st the moment. All players look knackered and poch can’t seem to get anything right at the moment. Vorm is useless and none of our defenders have faith In him which puts them under more pressure.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Bloody hell, just read that both Toby and Bury Beckham didn’t even get on the plane to Pizza-land…

Looks like Wierdy Beardy playing in a back four tomorrow night… don’t even know if I can be bothered to tune it for this…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Definitely won’t be leaving work early to watch it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

What do you guys make of Dier?

I don’t get him if I’m honest

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Useful squad player, jack of all trades and master of none, wouldn’t be in my 1st 11 even with the squad with we have…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

I’d pretty much say the same thing about Henderson.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Yeah I really don’t get Dier either. He looked a really useful player when he was coming through but he seems to have gone backwards. I wonder if he’s better suited moving back to CB. I don’t think he’s good enough to play further forward.

Has Poch completely lost it with his talk about trains and cows? ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

I think the issue with Erik is simply he struggles under pressure, can remember quite a few little brain farts over the years, but when the whole team is on form he looks the part. Not somebody who is going to grab a game by the scruff of it’s neck… not through lack of effort mind you, just a lack of talent.

Seem to remember him being a RB to start with…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

Spurs were terrible sat but Poch tactics were crazy. Full backs pushed so high up it left acres of space for us when we won the ball back

Always liked Dembele but pax is right, he just doesn’t have the stamina

I wasn’t confident going into the game but that changed when I saw spurs line up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Very confused when I saw that line up too… never like it when a manager tinkers with a side to counter the oppo’s, it’s almost like conceding they are the better side in my mind, I’d rather have a line-up that plays to “OUR” strengths… and now he’s left Toby and Trippier at home for tonight’s CL game…

Can’t help thinking this season is going to end up a bit of a disaster…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Spurs should bounce back tonight Inter as Paxton rightly said arent the force they were 1-2 to Spurs.

But what’s with these new kick off times of 5:55pm in the CL I thought the silly kick off times were reserved for the EL.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Sorry Goldie, us Spuds have been drinking from Wasplicker’s Cup of Doom…

I’d take a draw now, as us Spuds haven’t really put in a decent shift since about March last year, been riding our luck like a 5 dollar hooker…

As for kick-off times… getting silly to the extreme…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Hightown hope

I thin k Dier looks a lazy player to me. He strolls around like he thinks he’s Glen Hoddle, thinking he’s God’s gift to the world of football. While there are plenty of Spurs players I do admire, Dier ain’t one of them. Vastly overrated, in my opinion. And Mikus, Henderson, while not everyone’s cup of tea is a big step up from Dier. A far more intelligent player than Dier, and a harder worker.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

with regards to eric dier, i think hes useless. chucky called him a jack of all trades but i genuinely dont think he does anything well. his positional sense is poor, he cant tackle, cant pass, gets beaten in the air. but apparently he can take a penalty in a shootout for england when it matters. hope we get rid of him ASAP and you know, actually buy someone! our squad is just so weak right now.

i’m going for a 3-0 inter tonight.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

I think the Moose showing a lot of signs of aging (such a shame but inevitable!) hasn’t help Dier one little bit…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 112 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.