Home Community General Football CL and EL Match day 2

This topic contains 45 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by maverick1973 maverick1973 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

nine nine nine
    315 pts

Some interesting games this week in the CL with Spurs v Barca and Napoli v Liverpool standing out. I have a feeling both PL sides might win.

Can only see a City win but it’s a potentially difficult game for United v Valencia given everything.

#26829 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    249 pts

Spurs have what it takes to bear Barca,they are all over the place right now! Another defeat for United on horizon me thinks….

#26830 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

Won’t be easy Mav considering everything that currently surrounds the Club but purely on a football basis United should have enough to see off Valencia at OT.

Will Michy play is the question?😊

Agree with you on Spurs v Barca Spurs seem to have turned the corner and Barca aren’t going well currently could well be a Spurs win problem is you can never rule out what the little genius might do.

#26838 Score: 0

Brian blue
    Participant
    88 pts

I just hope City can score some early goals and settle down. It will not be easy, if you are in CL you are a good team and capable

#26839 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

That’s the thing with Barca, they’ve got Messi and he cost a lot more than 5 mill that’s for sure!

Looks like we’ll be starting with both Son and Lucas, so that sort of pace should give Shakeria Shagger and his boys something to think about…

Problem is though we’re likely to also have Dier and Dembele playing the DM roles and they’re not exactly pulling up trees at the moment… hopefully they’ve been saving it up!!

Going to miss the Wee Viking and Van the Man, that’s for sure!

#26847 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

The Spurs v Barca game is probably the most difficult one to predict as Barca are on a very poor run drawing at home to Girona followed by a loss at Leganes followed by a home draw against Bilbao whilst Spurs are in the middle of an injury crisis. It may ultimately come down to who is fit enough to play for Spurs.

Some great news for City if not the rest of the PL ahead of their game v Hoffenheim with De Bruyne already back in full training and it’s even been suggested he will. possibly on the bench tonight v Hoffenheim considerably ahead of schedule although I can’t see City taking any chances by rushing him back.

#26852 Score: 0

Brian blue
    Participant
    88 pts

Nine…KDB will be back for Utd game, maybe a few minutes in between He will be managed well I am shure

#26855 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

Brian, too precious not to be mate but it’s great news for City that he’s so well ahead of schedule.

If I was a bookie I would be trimming City’s title odds right now.😊

#26856 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

Massive game for Mourinho tonight I think United will come through this one if not the pressure on Mourinho will ramp up still further.

Napoli is not an easy game for Liverpool particularly with the City game on the Sunday but Napoli got stuffed 3-1 by Juve on Saturday and Liverpool beat Napoli 5 nil pre season so providing Klopp selects a strong Liverpool team they should be too good for Napoli.

#26858 Score: 0

Adlab
    Participant
    59 pts

Will Sanchez play for Utd after apparently saying he wished he’d gone to City!
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alexis-sanchez-complained-manchester-united-13346510

#26859 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

Probably. Everyone starts again once a new Manager is appointed which looks more and more likely.

I’m not sure what Sanchez has to complain about anyway City didn’t want to secure the transfer United did secure the transfer and he’s on a Kings ransom at United too.

Sanchez made his bed so he should just get on and lie on it now as should the United squad as a whole who are all on enormous wages and they need to demonstrate they deserve them and start playing for the United fans even if some don’t seemingly currently want to play for the United Manager .

#26862 Score: 0
    maverick1973
    maverick1973
    Participant
    249 pts

Adlab-Sanchez should have never gone to United,he should leave in January.

#26863 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    315 pts

Sanchez should have waited until the Summer Mav and examined all of his options but the United offer was too good to turn down and despite their current form they are still one of the biggest Club’s in the World.

I doubt he will go in January very few Club’s if any will pay him what he’s currently earning at United and he’s contracted until 2022.

#26864 Score: 0

Editor
    Keymaster
    116 pts

Adlab, did you read the article? For starters, there are no quotes. Secondly he’s reported to have said things would have been different for him if he’d gone to City. Not quite him saying he wishes he’d signed for City! I certainly wish he had though. Terrible signing

#26865 Score: 0

sean the sailor
    Participant
    57 pts

It’s easy win tonight

Valencia are terrible and have made a very ooor start to the season

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.