Home Community General Football City..where now?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

I did not think City played badly at Newcastle, true we wasted chances and it was a game we should have won but that’s life. I think the task maybe too big for us now but I have no doubt we will still have a go. Two defensive errors cost us again and this season has been littered with similar events. pep will try and get an experienced defender in but we also need somebody that can convert the chances we make since Augerro is not available. I would like to see Foden and Garcia given more match time, they will make mistakes but the long view is they will also star more, after all some of our current team are making mistakes. I have confidence the club is still moving in the right direction despite the doom and gloom merchants. The next match is always the important one

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

No need for any doom and gloom at City imo Brian.

The injuries and Pep not buying a Centre Back in the Summer alongside Kompany leaving has cost you. City are still a great team though especially when everyone is fit.

City will spend what they can in January and the Summer to address the issues they have. I don’t think they will give up on the PL title yet even though they have a mountain to climb, they’re still have both domestic Cups to go for as well as the CL I doubt they will end empty handed.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

I wouldn’t write city off one bit

I fancy them for the cl and no way have I ruled them out of the pl title race

David Silva hasn’t been playing great this season when I’ve watched him. Maybe age is getting to him

Laporte is such a huge miss. Aguero aswell. Jesus is a good player but Aguero is world class

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

Waspy-With their defence they have right now,City in the CL are gonna get spanked.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Brendan Rodgers if anything is using his experience from Liverpool knowing he was able to better prepare his team due to less involvement/participation re other competitions.

Less Commitment.

14 games I have to say is too early for me to ‘rubber stamp’ anything.

In the analogy of Terminator, Manchester City are still the T-1000.

There’s just in reality and fact of more Football to be played. From an LFC POV, one can’t be naΓ―ve or so self-assured to think at this moment in time, any foregone conclusion.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              threeps
              Participant

Laporte is a huge miss but I said at the beginning of the season not replacing Kompany was a mistake and despite my point being dismissed by some City fans I think it was justified. Not just his leadership ability, also the numbers, 3 senior defenders for 2 spots is not enough.

I read somewhere that City are at their limit regarding overseas players (max 17 in the 25 man squad) and therefor either need to buy English (hence maybe why they looked at Macguire) or sell a non-home grown player to make space. This could be wrong, I can’t be bothered checking the facts.

I suggest you sell that De Bruyne fella, we’ll take him πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

controversial post iminent!

i think Cityt are too far off the pace for a title challenge, the only thing that could make this change is the very congested festive period for liverpool, if they get tired and the odd injury and the odd result it could change, i just cant see it, they are winning ugly, getting late goals, some decisons and playing until the end, city are city but it seems the injuries and lack of cover and going for 3 in a row is just a step to far, all great teams see this and how hard it is to keep that level up year after year…next year they will be back but Aguero and Laporte out alone mean this season is over (yes liverpool fans im saying you will win!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

Another player I think City have missed is Sane. Sterling is very good, Mahrez is ok, but they both like to come inside. Sane was left footed playing on the left and was so quick and direct. I saw many goals when he would get to the byline and do a nice little cut back for an onrushing midfielder to score. He had the ability to change the pattern of City’s attack, to do something a little different.

I think him missing is something City will have to address even after he recovers from the injury as it looking likely that he is off to Munich.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

What decisions stevo?

The firmino goal ruled out at villa?
                      The Origi tackle at old tarford

The Matip push againest Newcastle

Napoli goal on wed

Clear pen not given to salah on wed?

Not sure we have got any decisions that we’re not right mate?

I just don’t think the ok title is anywhere near wrapped up with so much football to play

Only 3 times has a club failed to win when winning at Christmas. That club Liverpool ?

Alison is suspended now. Fabhino our for two months. We just need to get through this period of games still 11 points clear.

A 7 point lead was dismantled in less then two months last season so it’s not impossible

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

gawd blimey you lot are so delicate sometimes! πŸ˜‰
                        im not saying you winning has been down to LUCK, im saying you got some decisions (some against to) but more for thanks to VAR and you are doing what title winning teams do, win ugly when you need to!

dont take everything like its said as a bad thing!

it might not even be right its often perseption of other fans that dont watch every pool game as religiusly, same goes for you with other teams….

its not wrapped up of course, but as things stand with EVRY team at this point i just cant see you losing enough points for ANY team to catch you and win, thats just my humble opinion, and may be wrong though i hope for your sake and the other lads on here it isnt, then we can get that monkey off your back and enjoy some proper bants without everyone being so delicate! πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

“gawd blimey you lot are so delicate sometimes! ?”

Who’s delicate? You made a statement and Sean refuted it, adding evidence to back up his position.

Do you expectto get away with making inaccurate claims and for us all to just nod our heads, or are we going to be allowed to very cool headedly make a cpunter argument without getting the “ooouuuhhh calm down boyzzzzz” response?

You’re on the wind up again. Lets not have a repeat of before please, I just want to talk football.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Reckon it’s only the Liberoool boyz who think this isn’t over… πŸ™‚

You’ve got a 11 point advantage now, and there’s no way everybody else isn’t going to drop 10/12 points and/or remain undefeated for the rest of the season… I reckon Liberoool can afford to drop another 20 points (or 7 defeats!) over the next 24 games, and I just can’t see that happening.

As I mentioned on another thread, it’s all done and dusted.

The only way Liberoool are going to lose these is if you get an extremely bad run of injuries (not that I wishing for that or anything before anybody jumps on that!).

Reckon about 90 points will win it this year…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Sean’s right Liverpool have lost titles before after leading the table at Christmas and bigger leads than the current one have been turned over before but given Liverpool have only lost one PL game of the last 52 they’ve played it’s difficult to see either happening this time around.

There’s a difficult December and early January to navigate but if Liverpool come through that with a still convincing points lead as I think they probably will they are pretty much home and dry.

Winning games by a narrow margin, with late goals and with the odd decision perhaps going your way are clear signs of a title winning season and a major positive imo.

Based on current form Liverpool are on for 108 points which would be extraordinary so I expect some slippage but not enough for either of the two City teams to catch them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

? no worries stevo. I just think it’s a myth about us getting decisions. Var has worked for and againest for a lot of teams.

I agree mate. We just need to keep going. I’m a bit concerned about the way we are playing now

I tvibk we need to further ahead of city and Leicester as city will get their big guns back soon

We need to stay injury free but already a few things happening to us with regards missing players

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                threeps
                                Participant

Thought this was a city discussion?

January will be difficult for any team to buy top players but can see City buying a few in the summer. Aguero us getting in, Silva is retiring, Sane is likely off and Otamendi and Stones just ain’t good enough.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

I thought we were talking about City on this thread?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Sorry,3ps,saw it too late,your response.Of cours the title race is not over,but we all believed City would be challenging Liberools,Manchester that is,not Lesta.But there is soooooooooooooooo much footie left to play,anyffin can happen,ya get me blad?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      steveosnakeeye
                                      Participant

Leicester wont challenge for me, very good team, less of a good squad, if Vardy is injured off the bil they dont score enough and this year unlike the year they won it they have a real in form team with the best (uninjured) 1st 11. City need a revamp, the biggest loss for me will be Aguero, his record is unreal and especially important goals, then the ageing MF and defense, no doubt they will be back next year but i see this year being a struggle from now on (tho struggle for them is comfortable top 4 and a trophy) just not enough left in the tank this year for the PL …

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

@Buffy-Thats very true,D.Silva,Ferna and Aguero need replacing come the end of the season,Haaland is the perfect choice,for me.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          steveosnakeeye
                                          Participant

i actually think he is ideal for city too…few other clubs but i think city would also suit him best, his passion and running with their skills would be great, replacing Aguero is going to be so tough…and Sane (let alone ageing MF and ddefense…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.