Home Community General Football City v Liverpool Carabo Cup

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Not much traffic on here of late which is understandable in the period between the World Cup and the start of the PL.

This is a great match to confirm the return of football and deserves a thread of its own imo.

I suspect both Clubs will look to field the strongest teams possible Liverpool are the holders and City always take the League Cup seriously and nobody can choose the trophies they want to win.

Good luck to both teams as a neutral I will sit back and enjoy it whatever the result.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Strange one nine. Difficult to get the head around club football after that.

Not sure who Botha teams have available

Very sceptical over us now. Youโ€™d fancy city st home. Not to optimistic about the rest of our season

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Chuffing Nora, I’ve missed normal football… got to fancy City here, home advantage, much stronger midfield, and a hell of a stronger bench… sorry Waspy!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

Boys have done well to weather that initial storm and come back. Nunez should have done better with that chance at the end. Not a bad game. City still favourites.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

What a start to the second half!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Nunez so raw still, finishing awful tonight. Midfield still the obvious weakness. De Bruyne outstanding tonight.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Adlab
                Participant

Whew!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Darwin Nunez. Is his confidence just shot or was he never that good? Apart from the Community Shield where he looked great when he came on, I’m struggling to think of many good games. He was anonymous in the World Cup, too. Could be one Liverpool rue signing. The thing with those kind of signings is, unless you’re City, you absolutely have to get them right or you’re in trouble. Can’t help but think the man who has stepped into Nunez’ shoes at Benfica would have been the better signing (G Ramos) but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Utd vs Charlton. Another nice domestic Cup draw for us. We’ve been fortunate this season for a change with the domestic Cup draws. Should be a semi final at least.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Really enjoyable game well done both teams to come back and put on such a good game. Liverpool hung in there and it could have been worse but there’s no shame in losing to City.

Terrific performance by KDB after a disappointing World Cup.

Early Christmas gift in the draw for United.๐Ÿ˜Š

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Completely forgot the game was even on tonight. From what I’ve read on another platform, Nunez is a flop and it’s time we sold him. Looks like Haaland is the difference and the key to City’s success this season like Mane was for us when he was the main man.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          threeps
                          Participant

I said when we signed him that Nunez was the wrong player only to be told on some other site that I didn’t know what I was talking about because he did so well against our makeshift defence one game. Someone even told me they have “scouted” him for over a year and therefore their opinion carried far more weight than mine!

He has fantastic physical attributes. He is fast, tall and very direct. But he has the technical attributes way below Premier League standards and the worst decision making I think I’ve seen of any striker at Anfield. People still defend him (although it seems some are changing to my way of thinking) in that he is a rough diamond and Klopp will make him good and sure that could happen but he hasn’t given any indication he will. He looks unsettled and lost in the system and likely back on the bench when Bobby, Jota and Diaz are all fit.

My reason I thought and still think he was the wrong signing was because I didn’t think he would fit the system, him being a more static no 9 when we needed a Firmino style link striker. Someone like Felix who now appears set to leave AM or Chelsea bound Nkunku. Time to sell? Not yet unless we could get someone like Felix now but most others would prove difficult in January. But in the summer yes unless he changes dramatically.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Someone even told me they have โ€œscoutedโ€ him for over a year and therefore their opinion carried far more weight than mine!

๐Ÿ˜† Threeps. Scouted him?! To be fair I used to think I deserved some kind of credit when I “discovered” fairly unknown players on Championship/Football Manager when they got a big move in real life.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Mikus LFC
                              Participant

I wouldnโ€™t write Nunez off just yet. Obviously a big problem is the fee we paid for him – you should be getting something close to the finished article for that money, not somebody quite as raw as he seems to be. Weโ€™ll see where we are at the end of the season with him.

I do think now though looking back we probably had a rush of blood to the head in signing him, thinking we had to replace Mane and getting a bit caught up in his performances against us for Benfica, which is probably what pushed us over the line in getting him.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Adlab
                                Participant

Nunez can be a really effective player but needs some coaching. If he slows down a bit and thinks more he could be more deliberate with his finishing. I reckon he could be really good.
                                  Missed the game live last night as we were out so watched it today. Should have been 7-6!!!.
                                  Dias out for a few weeks which is a blow for us but at least we have decent cover.
                                  Game was better without VAR?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

First time today I’ve caught up on posts. I trust your opinion three ps and agree.

Adlab spot-on. He snatches at chances and he’s decision making as three ps rightly points out. I have to say’s by regret been a huge waste of valuable money.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Think thatโ€™s very harsh threeps. Stick he is getting is well over the top. How many games has he started? Heโ€™s got nine goals. Itโ€™s not bad at all. Some terrible decision making I agree. Poor finishing etc but the issue is the team. Shit defending and poor in midfield. Give the lad a chance. Not sure how he is static at all? Makes great runs which is one of the good things about him.

He hasnโ€™t had any time to form any partnerships with anyone cause of thei juries. He is a rough diamond definitely. Getting far to harshly judged when the team had been dreadful. Nunez hasnโ€™t had a steady run of games. Heโ€™s played on the left wtc.23 new country wtc.

We need two midfielders and have done for ages now but others said we didnโ€™t need them. We are down to the bare bones . Bobby out aswell. We need players. Bellingham in the summer lol never going to happen. We need to spend to compete now with an aging midfield and constant injuries.

No jota and Diaz till march. We are ducked. I canโ€™t see us getting top 4 at all.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Mane was like nunez when he joined. Letโ€™s wait and see how it ends up. He is certainly not one our biggest problems at the minute .

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        paul powers tash
                                        Participant

Good morning Sean et al
                                          re : He is certainly not one our biggest problems at the minute .

What do you consider these to be ?

My take from the outside looking in

Player burnout.Most of the players have played a
                                          lot of games over the last 5 years

If you want to look at individuals

Keita – Not good enough for Liverpool anymore

Oxlade – Not good enough for Liverpool anymore

Milner- – Not good enough for Liverpool anymore

Fabinho.His form has dropped of a cliff this season especially

VVD bang average since he came back.Obviously it’ll take time
                                          to recover after such a bad injury

You have been unlucky with injuries granted.I agree with you that
                                          Liverpool needs at least two world class midfielders asap to get
                                          up there again.

Just my thoughts chum

Merry Xmas & HNY to all

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          threeps
                                          Participant

Sean I mean static as in his starting position, as a more orthodox striker as opposed to someone who comes deep and drags players around for others to attack the space. He moves a lot but usually in a very direct fashion, is that what this team needed? I didn’t think so in the summer and he hasn’t exactly changed my mind.

9 goals yeah but think how many a striker would have given the chances Nunez has if they could actually finish? He has missed some easy one. He has been very poor so far.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.