Home Community Man City City on the march

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

I am not getting carried away with the good start to the season but watching them entertain is really good at the moment. Pep will already be prepareing for next season. I do not see a need for Sanchez, although I think he will arrive in January despite what Mr Wenger says and Messi?? Well I doubt he will leave Barelona but we have KDB who is getting better every season, Silva’s replacement lined up with another Silva, Yaya with Gungdoghan I would like Augerro to stay a little longer, For me Bernado Silva and Mendy are real finds this season

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Bernardo silva is a steel at 42m.
        Going to be top class

One player who goes under the radar is David silva. Never been in a pl end of season 11. Astonishing. A pl great. Super little player.

I’m sure all city fans love him. There’s never much talk about him in papers.
        Keeps himself out of the limelight

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

As far as opposition clubs go in the top flight, I’ve liked Man City; naturally for one or two reasons easily fitted on to being a Liverpool supporter and one which involved the 13/14 title race and my admiration for Manuel Pellegrini.

Very much like us, I genuinely enjoy the style of football you guys play and it comes across as only being in 2nd or 3rd gear.

I’d come on the march only if I’d be able to get an autograph and a photo with Liam Gallagher 😀 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Big Jim
          Participant

I agree about Sanchez Brian. I just can’t see where he will fit into this team unless Pep is looking to rotate and for cover for injuries. But I would prefer him to reinforce the centre half position with Vinnys injury record. I cant see Messi coming to us, he would simply cost too much. As much as I think most fans in the uk as well as City fans would love to see him play in the prem I think he will finish his career at Barca. B Silva is a great little player and Mendy is a beast with a fantastic final ball, for me Walker has also really impressed but we knew of his quality at Spurs.

Ps Sean, David Silva is worshipped by City fans. He rarely has a poor game, mr consistent.

Cheers Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Careworkerlfc
            Participant

Impressed with City so far this season.Pep looks to have got it right this time compared to last season,Spine of the team looks more solid and for Me Kevin De Bruyne is the best player in the PL by a country mile at the moment.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Singapore Blue
              Participant

This season feels different to last year to me though. Agree not getting carried away but we seem to have a decent keeper and 3 quality full backs for the first time in ages. Hopefully this will help the centre backs as they’re not having to cover as much

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Oz Yob
                Participant

Hope you lot win it over your unfriendly neighbours, no doubt it’s between you 2, even at this early stage. The only possible competition could come from Chelsea & the rest of us are fighting for that last CL spot. I can’t stand mourinho or the style of football he implements so I really hope you lot get the title.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

Very early days. The league is not won in September. I remember many predicting we would walk the league after we won the first six games last season. In the end we actually struggled a bit to get top four. I think league is much stronger the past few years than it was when United dominated under Fergusson. I am not trying to diminish his achievements which were remarkable (gritted teeth) but Uniteds dominance in the transfer market has also been well and truly broken the last few seasons, and where as it was virtually a given that if a top player wanted to move he would go to united, nowadays there are six clubs competing for his signature. The PL is awash with talented footballers and many more clubs can afford to bring in quality players. The Pl league is harder now than at any other time. It’s a marathon not a sprint. Sorry for the cliche! Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Oz Yob
                    Participant

Jim Liverpool looked like they would run away with it not so long ago but the difference is you lot have quality in depth that we never did. It’s likely a 2 horse race with Chelsea the only other threat. I know you trying to sound balanced but you’ve improved where you needed to & as I said jaw quality in depth. Good luck over the other 2, I’d rather see you win it simply because of the way you play.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Big Jim
                      Participant

Oz, maybe we have more depth, and we have played well the last three games. But we struggled against Everton and without a doubt United, Chelsea and several others will sit deep and try and hit us on the break. Playing this style we will drop points.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Completely agree about David Silva. Great player. It always surprised me that neither of the big two in Spain came in for him, or Aguero for that matter. Silva though, particularly, would have slotted in nicely at either Barca or Madrid.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

I think Silva already stated years back he would not go to Madrid. He is without doubt Mr Consistent and keeps our engine room ticking with KDB. It has amazed me that the media writers or PFA have not given him, along with Augerro recognition. Other players on the scene because they have a good season maybe two where they have consistently proven there credentials over 7/8 seasons, makes no sense to me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.