Home Community Man City City Injury update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

So I am just trying to work out who is still injured and who is fit? Delph did his hamstring a week ago, anyone know how long he will be out? Kompany has been with another calf injury. I’m guessing that that no one knows how long he will be out again. I havent heard anything regarding Agueros damaged ribs again anyone know how long before he is back? I am more concerned about us not losing players on international duties so far ahead of the world cup than anything else. I read that Felaini got injured last night night with another knee ligament injury. I dont think belgium will miss him that much. But United might miss his style of play. There definitely seems to be more knee injury issues these days than years ago. The players are fitter and better prepared so what’s the problem? I can’t help thinking it’s the woven man made fibres in the turf that hold it together and make it less forgiving for studs.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Surrey Blue
      Participant

And presumably Mendy is out for the season or thereabouts. On knee injuries, I would have thought there were lots of things going on – harder pitche, wrongly designed (softer?) boots and increased speed of the game come to mind. Presumably emphasis on knee strengthening routines can help but it seems Clubs are some way from coming up with solutions to a nasty problem.Perhaps we should go back to mud heaps ( think Baseball Ground), proper leather boots and caseys!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

Hi Surrey, yes from what I have read Mendy is as good as out for the rest of the season sadly. Gundog is back which is good news. Hope Delph is back soon he has really done a good job the last couple of games.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Jim…I think Mendy will be back in March…just a feeling…a big thing with injuries is the mental side to get well sooner..I think Mendy has this. I also think Delph will be fit, now he has a spot he will not want to give that up. Kompany..sad story but think we have seen and had best of him as a player, hope we find him a job though
            Injuries..I just think the game is faster, extra pressure on the knees for twisting and turning at speed. Old days do not compare because full backs were then berated if they got near the half way line and told vocacbly by the fans..GET BACK…well the game has progressed somewhat and I think the better for it. The only downside is stars were really stars then, not projected stars the media make of them

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Yes guys the game is probably faster I admit. Hope Mendy is back sooner but I doubt they will rush this kind of injury. Don’t know what to say about Kompany. He turned up for international duty but then got sent home. Make of that what you will.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              gjblues
              Participant

Good news – Aguero back in light training today – should be fully fit in a couple of weeks.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

This weekend will probably be too early for Delph?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.