Home Community General Football City exodus

• This topic has 34 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    cityboy54
    Participant

So there’s going to be a mass exodus at city now….makes a change from being linked to buying every player..
      I am bewildered why pep doesn’t play sane …is there something I’m missing?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Rover
      Participant

I’m bewildered as to why he did so little to strengthen his defence. Can’t believe he stuck with those players, yes they good as attacking defenders but that’s all. Kompany and Otamendi are jokes.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Rover.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

You can’t keep all those players happy if they’re not getting the game time they want. Pep needs to start getting some monsters in rather than bringing in lots of nice technical/skilful players.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          gjblues
          Participant

No thanks to the “monsters”, Mikus. Give me the football we’ve been playing for the last two years, any day. It really doesn’t bother me how many trophies we win or don’t win. I followed my team through three divisions (only missed four games, home and away in third tier season). If I’d died the day after that Agueroooooo moment, I’d have died a very happy man. Everything we’ve won since has been a bonus imho.
            Obviously very disappointed to have lost (the tie) on Wednesday, yes we were unlucky but that’s football.
            Some people take it far too seriously and that goes for one or two on this forum I might add.
            I love the football we’re playing and really wouldn’t want to see anything change.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by gjblues.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

GJ, not saying you need to completely change the way you play, but I do think you need something a bit different here and there in the team. One big reason for Liverpool’s improvement this season is not just down to the new players (important as they’ve been) but the way Klopp has adapted to the premier league. In some ways there’s been times when Klopp has gone too far the other way with his new approach to the game, but I think he’s been trying to find that balance this season. Variety is the spice of life as they say and the more different options you have at your disposal the more robust a side you become, like the players that have made Liverpool more robust in Fabinho and Van Dijk.

If you have a few minutes I thought this video was very good on Pep and his weaknesses – particularly when he plays against similar styles of play – it’s as though he overthinks and adapts too much because he worries too much and doesn’t have the security of such players. But if you’re happy as you are, that’s your prerogative.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mikus LFC.
              • This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mikus LFC.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Mikus, let’s try and shelve all the City analysis for a bit I’m sure it’s not your intention but it’s all coming across as a bit of a crusade against Pep and City on here since Wednesday night and not just from you and if you refer to the CL thread we may have just lost Brian which would be a big loss for the site if he can’t be talked around.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Nine, this is a football discussion site. Pep has had much praise for a very long time over the last few seasons. In contrast, there has been a few days of legitimate discussions around his weaknesses. Some people may deem others as going too far. That’s another debate. But that should not stop those who wish to continue in civilised debate. As a poster I have always played the ball in debate, never the man.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Mikus, your a decent lad and I get that and I’m sure your intentions are honourable but City and Pep have been under the cosh on here since Wednesday night, the fact is that they very unluckily lost a CL tie that on another day could have easily gone in their favour and frankly I would be a bit peed off by now tbh if City were my Club and I was reading a lot of what has been posted on the site since Wednesday night.

Just my opinion mate and I’m not trying to stop anyone posting their views if that’s what they want to do but we’ve already lost Jim it would be a great shame to lose Brian and any other City posters.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Hightown hope

I’m with you, Mikus. This is a legit discussion and not a witch hunt. Every other manager has been discussed whether it’s Jose (many times), Klopp, Poch, Sarri et al. Now is a relevant time to discuss Pep’s failings (or not). There has been nothing untoward except possibly Mav on the other thread who maybe,and I say maybe, crossed the line. But Jim was too sensitive when he left, and I really hope Brian doesn’t feel the same way

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Hightown hope

…and it was a City fan that started this thread!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Ok lads I just don’t want to see us lose Brian or any other City posters from the site and I fully agree that Mikus is a very fair and balanced poster.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Hightown hope

Agreed

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Mikus LFC
                            Participant

Nine, this thread was started by a City fan bemoaning a possible exodus of players next season asking why Pep didn’t play certain players more. I put forward my thoughts on this which inevitably had some connections to Pep’s philosophy and the other night. For the record it was probably my last post on this anyway – I just thought the video was interesting and worthy of highlighting.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Cityboy, players don’t like sitting on the bench but only 11 can start. I think it’s probably more paper talk than anything else and I would be amazed if 8 City players left in the Summer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Mikus, fully accept that and the thread is based on a current story in the press. Does Guardiola over think big games wasn’t that relevant to the thread though imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Hightown hope

Ah come on, 9 there is a cross over if we are discussing man City on whatever thread

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    cityboy54
                                    Participant

Nine I was being sarcastic towards the press…..and didn’t mention Wednesday or pep..
                                      Only what’s his beef with sane

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Cityboy, of course and why would you, you’re a City fan and you’re commenting on something in the press. Strange about Sane I really enjoy watching him I wonder if he’ll start today? Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

City are only going to get better.

Don’t agree about the press or anyone saying city are mentally weak. its bull shit

They will batter spurs and utd this week

No watching either as it’s so frustrating waiting for city to drop points

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

“I am bewildered why pep doesn’t play sane”

There are things that Sane does that most players can’t do.. but I tell you, he’s a shite passer sometimes. He’s brilliant but wasteful.

As for a mass exodus at City, why? I don’t see the angle.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.