Home Community General Football City ban overturned

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Man City have their ban overturned. Free to play in the CL. Wow!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

Very bad news for UEFA and FFP, sugar-daddy teams now know they can do what they want and there’s no punishment. Might as well scrap FFP completely.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Pleased for Pep the players and the fans who were all innocent parties. FFP rules as they stand are clearly in jeopardy now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Nothing against Moneybags or their fans, but an absolute joke of a decision. As comments above suggest, UEFA have completly shot themselves in the foot with regards to FFP rules. RIP FFP!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            threeps
            Participant

“The CAS award emphasized that most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber
              of the CFCB were either not established or time-barred. As the charges with respect to any dishonest
              concealment of equity funding were clearly more significant violations than obstructing the CFCB’s
              investigations, it was not appropriate to impose a ban on participating in UEFA’s club competitions
              for MCFC’s failure to cooperate with the CFCB’s investigations alone.”

Time-barred?! Seriously that can be used as justification?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Adlab
              Participant

Chucky.
                Whatever you think or I think we were not there to hear the evidence.
                What I do know is that the”teams in red” can stuff their debt up their backsides despite their concerted efforts to influence matters.

Lets get on with the football

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Said it all along. Absolutely no surprise

Better for us if city are occupied with the cl aswell as they would have ran away with the pl without cl football

Don’t k ow the full story so can’t comment but UEFA nearly always over turn their original decision so absolutely no suprise

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

Uefa’s statement

“UEFA takes note of the decision taken by the Court of Arbitration for Sport to reduce the sanction imposed on Manchester City FC by UEFA’s independent Club Financial Control Body for alleged breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play regulations.

UEFA notes that the CAS panel found that there was insufficient conclusive evidence to uphold all of the CFCB’s conclusions in this specific case and that many of the alleged breaches were time-barred due to the 5 year time period foreseen in the UEFA regulations.

Over the last few years, Financial Fair Play has played a significant role in protecting clubs and helping them become financially sustainable and UEFA and ECA remain committed to its principles.

UEFA will be making no further comments on the matter.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Adlab, I really don’t understand your supposed annoyance at the fact the evil “teams in red” would have been pushing for City to be punished if found guilty. Any of the teams City competed against over the last decade or so should quite rightly be absolutely fuming that they’ve had to follow the rules and pull back their own spending only to seemingly see another club flout them and get away with it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Adlab, what debt? Enjoy the moment but I wouldn’t get too cocky, if you read the final statement, it shows that City were not found innocent at all. They got off via at least 2 technicalities.

So, City can cheat and get away with a slap on the wrist. I’m extremely disappointed by this. I mean, I would have preferred to read that City were innocent cause this just winds me up.

Nine, FFP is a developing process. They will have to reinforce it and then Man Cheaty and the other debt-free clubs will see if they can “maneuver” their way around the rules again.

Before this I was kinda wishing City well in the CL (seriously, I actually thought about it and figured, what the hell, let them win it) but now I’m going to be going for Juve.

Nothing personal against any of the City lads on here. I just absolutely loath this kind of shite.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

Sean, you did call this in fairness to you. There I was thinking that CAS would stick up for the integrity of the sport but they got off on technicalities. A 10m fine is absolutely pathetic also. What the hell went on there?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Surrey Blue
                          Participant

City was never going to get away scot free and the fine is an attempt to spare UEFA’s blushes just a little. I always doubted that City was more or less corrupt than its brethren and I think UEFA jumped the gun without giving it the necessary due diligence and relied on some fairly dodgy evidence. That’s my take on it but I’m not close to te detail (none of us are) so I guess the real story will come out in time – possibly

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            threeps
                            Participant

They were found guilty of not cooperating with UEFA authorities, hence the fine. It seems that the evidence presented was thrown out on a technicality, as in the time limit. Would of thought UEFA lawyers might of done a little research into this before submitting!

This will have huge ramifications throughout Europe. I’m looking forward to what the Spanish FA has to say! It could hasten a Superleague break-away, one where the state-sponsored teams (City, PSG and probably Newcastle) are not invited.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Man Cheaty… Special K actually made me larff!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Adders, I read the evidence, I read the e-mails, as did the entire universe (except for the blue of of Manchester!). As guilty as a puppy sitting next to a pile of poo!! No doubt about it. Man Cheaty have got away with it on a technicality and nothing more…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

If, once further information comes to light, it’s confirmed that City have indeed got off on a technicality, I can’t help thinking this is the worst possible outcome for City.

A ban would have been an open and shut case. There would have been closure. As it stands, and without further information coming to light which exonerates them fully, this will forever leave a shadow over any recent and future achievements at the club, which is a shame.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Adlab
                                  Participant

Ed
                                    This is based on an in depth article by Martin Samuel some weeks ago who pointed out the excessive influence representatives from certain clubs have in UEFA EG David Gill and how hard they were pressing for a City ban. Also the same from Liverpool and Arsenal owners.

Who knows the actual truth but why would UEFA bring such a case, by all accounts, they knew they couldnt win.

Like all of us the full findings will make interesting reading.

FFP? Not if they exclude the original reason…debt.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Adlab
                                    Participant

Cas said City could not be proved to have concealed equity funding as sponsorship agreements, as Uefa proposed, and that the only charge upheld was City’s failure to cooperate in the investigation.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Adlab, I certainly hope Utd were amongst those pushing for City to be punished if they indeed had been proven to have been cheating. Nothing worse than dishonesty and corruption in the game and clubs need to take a united stand against any such attempts.

I’d really hope other clubs would push for Utd (or any other club) to be banned if we’d broken the rules too.

This “poor Man City, everyone is out to get us” mentality is tiresome, to say the least.

Pleased for the City fans on here though that they’ll be playing CL again, deservedly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Massive egg on UEFA faces they should have been fully aware that the most serious allegations against City fell outside their own time barrier rules.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Adlab, you should thanking your good fortune rather than throwing around silly accusations against United.

If I remember it correctly all of this came to light via someone hacking City’s computers and then leaking it to Der Spiegel who published it all none lf which had anything to do with United.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 100 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.