Home Community Man City Chelsea

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

Chelsea impressive against Seville and now we are without Mendy, Kompany and possibly Augerro but I look forward to a really good game. I do not remember a City Chelsea game that has not been good to watch. City are improving a lot now and this will be the biggest test this season. I think the teams are fairly evenly matched, it will probably come down to tactics and subs.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Can somebody please tell me what ground it is at the top of the page, driving me mad trying to recognise it

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

Brian – I asked this a month or two back, and someone, and forgive me because I can’t remember who, identified it as I think a ground of some Polish side I’d never heard of. It may have been Alfie or CB who found it with superb detective work, identifying the perimeter advertising etc.

However, I haven’t really helped much as I can remember neither the team nor who identified it! But it will be in the archives somewhere, if you can be bothered searching!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

As for the Chelsea/City game, for the first time this season, I don’t fancy City. Aguero will be a big miss, no question, and I’m still to be convinced by your defence, even though you haven’t conceded many so far. I just think with Hazard and Morata in great form, and home advantage, I’m going for a narrow win for Chelsea

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Unfortunate injuries for City.

Chelsea without Luiz and have had very little recovery time after getting back from Madrid in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Should be a good game though and City have such a strong squad that whatever team they put out their tough to beat.

Medium to long term though these injuries might have swung the title United’s way although United have lost Pogba too possibly for another 6 weeks?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Not looking forward to this game much now. Playing Aguero and Jesus up front has been causing all sorts of problems for opposing defences. And now with the deliveries of Mendy and Kompany diciplining the defence we are severely weakened. Will be very happy with a point. Anyone know who the ref is, last time vs Chelsea at the Etihad we had that total bent knob and long time Altrincham fan lol (whos family are all reds) Anthony Taylor, who basically decided to give nearly every important decision to Chelsea. But all forgiven now. ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

I also don’t think the loss of Pogba is anywhere near as damaging to United as Mendy is too us.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Jim…much will depend on KDB and Silva to morrow. Fernandinho needs to bottle up the middle, I am not sure about that, Walker will be kept busy defending but I really hope Sane, Jesus and Sterling are on there game. Gungdoghan may well start but I would like to see more of Bernando

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Yeah, as Hightown said, it’s a Stadium in Poland which I had no idea about when I added it to the top of the page! Here’s the thread where Alfie managed to find it:

Which stadium?

Looking forward to the Chelsea v City game. Real shame to see Aguero will be out for a while though

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Can’t wait for the City-Chelsea game it’s a shame about the injuries to both sides ,can’t see beyond these two for the title.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

It is not a title decider…just an important game not to loose….any side but City will not go to Chelsea and defend, we know that

Ed/Hightown…thanks for putting me out of my miserey…nice looking ground though

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

Haven’t seen the game but by the sound of things we played very well. My pessimism was misplaced. Chuffed to bits

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Jim, a very good game and City deserved the result ,Chelsea unlucky to lose Morata so early.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

7 game in 21 days culminating in an away game v Atletico Madrid followed by the City game a few days later with so little recovery time was a game to far for Chelsea even without the loss of Morata.

Having said that City are an outstanding team,with an outstanding squad with an outstanding Coach and I would be very surprised if we haven’t seen the next Champions today.

Congrats to City and all the City lads on here totally deserved.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

Nice to know Bricklayer and thanks for kind words nine. Sounds like Delph had a very good game. A big big test for us today which we came through. Looking forward to the highlights tonight.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

We are developing as a team now, playing like a team. We will not score 4/5/6 every game but this 1-0 win , in a way, was more satisfying than a big score win. I am really pleased for Stones who is now becoming the CB we want and Delph for filling in so well. Walker had a good game to day but Sterling continues to frustrate me despite his high work rate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    cityboy54
                                    Participant

So proud of the boys today ….even sterling but like Brian said so bloody frustrating sometimes

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      cityboy54
                                      Participant

Sane sulking when subbed was the only thing which spoilt the game for me…don’t like to see that

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Brian blue
                                        Participant

Sane is still young but he will need to grow up fast and look at the bench

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

I thought City looked like a proper Pep side yesterday which is probably the biggest compliment I could pay them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.