Home Community General Football Champions League Final

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

Well, Liverpool have issued the results of the ballot for the Final tickets, and it looks like I’ll be watching the game in a bar in Liverpool. But I am Number 8865 on the waiting list. Tossers…UEFA that is! Went to all 6 of the home Champions League games and still don’t qualify for a ticket. It’s not a game for the fan anymore. Corporates, the UEFA family(!), sponsors, hangers on, players tickets.

Life’s not fair, and I feel like doing a Nil…I HATE THEM…and they’re ugly!!

Gutted though!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      D1rtyH4rry
      Participant

That sucks HH. I really don’t understand why so many tickets go to corporate sponsors, I know it’s down to money, but it’s not as if the fans of the clubs involved expect to get in for free. Surely having stadiums rocking with atmosphere creating memorable moments is a better endorsement and long term strategy.
        It’s as if they’re anticipating the doom of football and are now trying to squeeze every last penny out of it. Let the players play, and let the fans watch ffs.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by D1rtyH4rry.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Ah Jesus, I’m really sorry to hear that man. You’re dead right, it’s just not prioritised for the fans/atmosphere and general good faith of the sport.

Im not bothered that I miss out on matches all these years but I’m gutted for the likes of you who drag yourself to all these games, only to be stepped over in favour of sponsors and affiliates.

I guess if you take something away from this, the Anfield match against Barca likely wont be topped and you got to live that man. It’s just a useless silver-lining I guess but there’s nothing you can do but try and enjoy it in a pub. I will be doing the same I think. i watch all of the matches at home, usually alone. I feel the pub might be required though for this.

At least we’re in it though and look, I would no begrudge the Spurs fans or eve neutrals in wanting the to win it. I think it’s a crying shame that they have to go through us in a way. The Spurs lads on here seem like top blokes (as ye say) but Liverpool … Im honestly feeling a little desperate NEEDING this trophy.

I’ll just admit it and it’s not something I would have to spread and get back tot he team but I’m terrified that we’ll miss out again. I’m afraid of the fallout. We won the Cl out of fear, for Gerrard. I hope we can do the same this time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Sorry to hear that Hightown if anyone deserves a ticket you do mate. Don’t give up something may turn up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

Cheers, guys. I appreciate the sentiments, and you’re dead right, Mak, the Barca game will never be topped for me, but it still rankles that nearly 30000 in that stadium shouldn’t really be there. Half the sponsors and corporates and the UEFA ‘family’ will be flogging off their tickets and vastly inflated prices, probably to Liverpool and Spurs fans ripping them off again. And I’m not doing that. So I’ve resigned myself to having a top night out in Liverpool with my kids and pals I go to the games with. Not one of the 6 of us were successful in the ballot, so at least we’ll all be watching it together!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Still keeping my fingers crossed that something comes up for you Hightown.

My mate had all the points neccesary and had been a Chelsea Season ticket holder for over 20 years going home and away he got a ticket for Moscow but missed out on the 2012 Final.

It’s gut wrenching.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

Cheers, 9, but don’t think ‘s going to happen. Bloody freeloaders!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Lad in work, his mate a utd fan won 2 catogory A tickets from the Uefa ballots and sold them for 6k!

Terrible stuff

Sorry to hear that Hightown mate

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Oz
                    Participant

Sadly HH that’s probably to be expected mate, bloody BS mate. I’d love just to be in Liverpool to watch it. As ak says that Barca game was incredible & your one lucky SOAB to have been there.
                      As for the game, surprise I’m not oozing confidence. I think we’ve struggled v spurs & I don’t like playing them. I do think if we went heavy metal they wouldn’t be able to go with us but I think we’ll play it cagey & it’ll be a tight affair. Hopefully Mo, Firmino & Mane have their shooting boots on & we can break this bloody finals hoodoo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Oz
                      Participant

MAK not ak.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9092210/woman-sex-act-man-in-london-visitors/

Just for Kylie,lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Just watched a crazy video about recent times for LFC. It’s weird to think that we’ve got another shot at the CL. In a way, it seems like longer ago than just last year. We’ve changed as a team since then. We’re definitely stronger. I just hope that it’s enough. I actually don’t like that the final is set so far away. It really should have been played on the 22nd.

I guess there are are other leagues still going now but it isn’t good for our lads to have such a gap. It’s definitely not good for my nerves.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Adlab
                              Participant

Just hope its a great game with no controversy and the best team wins. Its on the night!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

It’s a very hard game to call

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Spurs chances might hinge on Kane being properly fit.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      threeps
                                      Participant

You mean if he’s unfit they’ll have a better chance? Seem to play better without him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

If both teams were playing well, then it could very well be a tough game to call, but Spuds form fell off a cliff about 3 months ago and we’re seriously overdrawn at the luck bank. Don’t think having Sir Harry back will make much of a difference, it was him coming back from his last injury that coincided with our form collasping… Pool are quite rightly favourites for this. They’ll certainly never get an easier opportunity than this to win number 6!

(And as mentioned on here, they do “desreve” it too… πŸ™‚ )

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          threeps
                                          Participant

Of course we deserve it, so do Spurs. Both played good football to get to the final and showed a lot of fight to overcome difficult situations. The only finalist I can think of that don’t deserve to win are teams like Greece when they bored everyone to their Euros victory, or maybe Porto when they fell over and rolled around to their Champions League triumph.

Liverpool don’t really do normal, comfortable final victories. Think vs Man Utd in the 2003 League Cup was the last, all the rest have been rollercoaster nail biters. Hope the final does justice to what has probably been the best Champions League campaign that had many memorable matches.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 338 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.