Home Community General Football Carabao Cup Final Villa v City 4:30pm ko. Live on Sky.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Be a major suprise if City don’t make it 3 in a row and their 4th win in 5 seasons but remember Wigan, Wimbledon, Swindon, Oxford United and Birmingham City.?

Tough ask for Villa I hope they put up a show.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

If I was a Villa player I would look forward to a Final Day and put in serious effort and enjoy the game i am sure that is what there supporters will want. City want to win it and I look forward to a good game. What has happened in the past means nothing to me, lets get on with the game ahead and the occasion.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Tonight sets City up nicely for Sundays Final.

It’s not been an easy season for City this season for all sorts of reasons but it could still turn out to be a great season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

A walk over for city. Was delighted for villa to get final but they really are a one man team.

4/5 nil
            City. No interest in even watching it as it just won’t be a competitive game

Someone should snap grealish up in the summer. Utd heavily linked with him and he be w great signing

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Looks that way Sean but you just never know with Cup Finals. I hope for Villas sake and their fans it’s not an annihilation.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Villa have absolutely nothing to loose, they cannot go out there with a mindset,,”we will loose” A draw is not going to happen so they need to go out and enjoy the game and give there best…it will then be competitive. City will draft in those that did not play in Madrid Foden/Garcia I hope

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                gjblues
                Participant

Totally agree about Garcia and Foden, Brian, it would be good to see and a great experience for them. However, I don’t see Pep playing them both from the start; he usually plays a strong and experienced line-up, especially in finals. Garcia probably has the best chance, with the latest injury to Laporte – hope it’s only short term.
                  Villa will be up for this. I don’t get people saying we’ll smash them, partly on the back of our 6-1 win against them a few weeks ago. Remember we beat Chelsea 6-0 (sorry CFC fans) a couple of weeks prior to last years final and the same was suggested then. Look how that turned out, 0-0 with us only winning on penalties and Chelsea arguably the better team for much of that game.
                  Anyway, good news, my ticket finally arrived this morning and now looking forward to another great day out at Wembley.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

gj, not taking anything away from City but that 6 nil was a direct result of Sarri’s kamikaze tactics, the tactics were correct in the Final allegedly changed under pressure from the players and arguably as you say Chelsea were the better team on the day.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    gjblues
                    Participant

Nine, apologies, I was only using it to illustrate my point mate, not to examine the whys and wherefores of the two games against Chelsea last year.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

No worries buddie.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Good to see Pep starting Foden for what I think is his first Donestic Cup Final start and David Silva for what might be his last Domestic Cup Final start.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

…..hell of a bench too!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Bad mistake by Stones thank goodness Everton refused to sell him to us we’ve got enough duds in that area.

City by far the better team. Foden impressive but that goals let Villa back into the game as Villa tire the City bench will probably coming into play.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Good effort by Villa the made a Final of it but congrats to City they deserved it just based on their first half hour.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Villa put up a fight for a time but I think City’s game plan and changes di the job pep wanted except for the Stones display…I said before…Garcia is a better player and he should have been there, Otemendi needed the rest on the bench but I thought pep would have replaced Stones. Fine display by Foden, he will be great next season. Sterling needs a rest on top of a rest!!!!Come back when you are ready

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Just to mention Sterling again, I feel he has become a little petulant and needs to start playing with a smile on his face again….he can do it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Congrats to city

Another trophy in the bag

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Congrats to the City lads on here

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.